Air fryers are a trendy kitchen appliance in Canada. They make it easy to cook with reduced oil levels, which can contribute to a healthier lifestyle. There are many options to choose from, but some may have more relevant features to offer than others. If you are unsure about how to begin searching for an air fryer in Canada, we’re here to help.
Following extensive research and analysis, we have discovered the best air fryers in Canada of 2023. To do so, we kept in mind what Canadians want from them and how these appliances perform in multiple categories. Let’s check out the best air fryers together.
Why Did We Choose These Air Fryers in Canada?
The air fryers appearing on this list are the result of painstaking research and analysis. We evaluated each air fryer based on its features, size, and capabilities. Most Canadians want a durable, feature-rich air fryer, so we looked for options that were suited to most households. We narrowed the list down in order to prevent you with the the best air fryers in Canada for 2023.
Users who want a powerful air fryer for larger families will appreciate the Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 Air Fryer. This option is our pick for the best air fryer in Canada for 2023. With two independent baskets, a dual cooking mode, and a ton of customizable features, this air fryer will suit all of your cooking needs.
A simple, effective machine can’t be outdone. That’s why the Ninja AF101C Air Fryer is our choice for the best ease of use when it comes to air fryers in Canada. With simple controls, a durable design, and four straightforward programs, this air fryer offers the best simple cooking experience on our list.
The COSORI Air Fryer offers 9 cooking functions that can provide great assistance in the kitchen. You can use this option to cook for up to 4 people, and the compact design does not take up too much counter space. This air fryer can help you cook with up to 85% less fat, depending on ingredients and recipes.
The Innsky XL Air Fryer offers the best display in Canada. This option features a sleek, modern control panel that displays all of your chosen settings. It’s easy to see what you’re doing and adjust accordingly, taking the guesswork out of cooking your favourite snacks.
The COSORI Proii Air Fryer features great personalization options. It has 12 functions which are available to personalize according to your preferences. There is a Shake Reminder option, as well as enticing air circulation technology and automatic shut-off for increased safety.
The Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer features a great variety of programs. It includes 7-in-1 functionality, as well as innovative airflow technology to create excellent crisping. The 6 available programs can be customized and are assisted by the fast preheating option available with this air fryer.
Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 Air Fryer
The Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 Air Fryer brings innovative technology to the art of frying. This option includes the DualZone: 2 baskets that can be controlled individually. Canadians can opt for this air fryer and prepare 2 separate meals with separate settings at the same time. With the Ninja Foodi, you no longer have to wait to cook back-to-back. You will be able to enjoy the best of what air frying has to offer by using the same baskets with the same cooking time to do different things.
You can also use the Match Cook function to copy settings from one zone to another if you want to make the same recipe but double the quantity. The Smart Finish mode will ensure that the air fryer analyzes how the cooking process is going and then adapts to get both baskets to finish at the same time.
The Ninja Foodi has 6 programs that you can customize according to your preferences. Apart from frying, you can use this appliance to dehydrate, reheat, air broil, roast, and bake. This gives you a versatile and easy approach to cooking that can reduce your fat intake while still preserving delicious flavours.
The 7.6-litre total capacity of the air fryer means you can cook quantities that can feed a group, or you can take advantage of the DualZone and cook sides and mains at once. The 2 nonstick cooking baskets come with a crisper plate each. Once you become familiar with the many features at your disposal, you’ll find the process of cooking with this air fryer very straightforward.
The air fryer is easy to maintain and easy to clean. Food comes out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside thanks to the crisper plates that work together with the frying baskets. If you’re worried about noise, this contender has a low-level output which makes it more silent than many of the competitors.
- DualZone Cooking. The 2 frying baskets included with this appliance can add plenty of versatility to your air fryer experience. By cooking in separate sections at once, you can focus on trying whichever appealing recipes stand out to you.
- 6 Programs. Each program included with the air fryer can be customized according to your needs and your use patterns.
- Fun Functions. The Smart Finish mode will run automatic diagnostics when in use, which can help you have everything ready in both baskets at the same time.
- 2 Independent Sections. These sections also come equipped with a cyclonic fan on each side, as well as heaters with rapid function.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 Air Fryer brings innovative technology to the Canadian kitchen.”
Best Ease of Use
Ninja AF101C Air Fryer
The Ninja AF101C Air Fryer offers a potentially easy way to have a healthier lifestyle. It allows Canadians to cook with up to 75% less fat when compared to traditional cooking methods. This option offers 4 programs, including roasting, reheating, frying, and dehydrating. The dehydrating program is ideal for snack lovers looking for healthier options, such as air-fried sweet potato chips.
This air fryer from Ninja has a wide temperature range, allowing you to cook with settings from 40º Celsius to 204º Celsius. The 3.8-litre non-stick basket is made from heavy-duty ceramic and includes a crisper plate. For extra convenience, both the basket and the crisper plate can be placed in the dishwasher, as well as the multi-layer rack.
This option is easy to use and easy to maintain, even without a wealth of cooking experience. It can act as a kitchen assistant and simplify the task of adhering to a healthier lifestyle by reducing the need for oil while cooking. This durable air fryer is built to last, so Canadians could find themselves enjoying it for years.
The multi-layer rack is great to use for dehydrating, while the crisper plate can help create baskets of French fries and other fried foods. This air fryer by Ninja ensures optimal airflow circulation to achieve great results in cooking. It can also help with creating healthier versions of your favourite baked goods.
The smart processor that powers the air fryer is what allows the range in temperatures. This is why the Ninja is a versatile air fryer that can be a great asset in kitchens in Canada. It is a straightforward air fryer with powerful performance and a simple layout that covers all the basic operations that you might need to use, with added flair.
- Wide Temperature Range. Thanks to the built-in smart processor, this air fryer can be used with temperatures from 40º Celsius to 204º Celsius. The range allows you to tackle various cooking processes with ease.
- Straightforward Programs. With 4 programs at your disposal, this air fryer gives you easy access to all the basic operations you could need from it. This simplifies the cooking process by making sure you have the essentials within reach.
- Easy to Clean. Many of the components that are part of the air fryer are dishwasher-safe, including the basket, the crisper plate, and the rack.
- Versatility. You can use this air fryer to bake, roast, fry, dehydrate, and create variations of your favourite recipes with a healthier twist.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Ninja AF101C Air Fryer is a straightforward option with versatile features and good performance. The wide temperature range is a great asset.”
COSORI Air Fryer
The COSORI Air Fryer can be a sleek addition to any Canadian kitchen. This option uses 360º rapid-heat technology that optimizes airflow to create the ideal crisp on the outside while keeping the interior juicy. It can also help reduce the use of fats. In some cases, you could find yourself using up to 85% less fat while using the air fryer.
This option from COSORI features impressive temperatures of up to 232º Celsius. The airflow technology it uses has great heating efficiency, which can hasten the cooking process so you can enjoy delicious meals up to 20% faster. There are 9 cooking functions, each of them available on the stylish tempered glass display. With only one touch, you can access each of these functions, depending on which is the most relevant to the recipe.
There are also 7 chef-certified cooking presets that can help with achieving professional-looking and tasting meals with ease. Canadians worried about preheating times should consider getting this air fryer. Once you select the preheat option from the display, you only have to wait 4 minutes until you can start cooking at the ideal temperature.
There is a Shake Reminder option available with this air fryer, and it is customizable so you can make sure it works according to your needs. The air fryer comes with a nonstick square-shaped basket with a 5.6-litre capacity. This makes it a great option for feeding up to 4 people, depending on the recipe.
The minimalist design of the air fryer makes it at home in any Canadian household while taking up little space on the counter or in storage. This intuitive option can help you make quick work of your favourite recipes while removing most of the effort and the need for adding extra fat during the process.
- Rapid-heat Technology. The 360º technology uses optimal airflow to achieve the best cooking results while cutting down on cooking time.
- Chef-Certified Presets. There are 7 presets available that can assist with getting professional-seeming results from each recipe.
- Professional Temperatures. The temperature can be adjusted up to 232º Celsius, which increases the range of recipes you can try in the air fryer.
- Minimalist Design. The sleek modern look of the air fryer enhances the appeal of any counter while taking up little space.
Our Expert’s Take
“The COSORI Air Fryer brings sleek design and efficient technology to Canadian kitchens. The professional range of temperatures makes it stand out.”
Innsky XL Air Fryer
Sometimes, air fryers can be difficult to control or feature small displays that are hardly readable. That is not the case with the Innsky XL Air Fryer, which uses a large panel that displays all of your settings. This touch-screen control panel uses a larger interface to expose presets and customizable settings, allowing you to cook your foods to perfection every time.
The Innsky XL Air Fryer comes with a host of presets and functions, too. There are 7 preset modes, including options for steak, shrimp, chicken, seafood, french fries, bread, and vegetables. Outside of this, there are four outstanding cooking functions that are rare on some air fryers. These options include thawing for your frozen foods, a keep warm function after the food is done, an alarm to let you know when the timer is finished, and a pre-heat option that leads to crispier, better results overall.
But what can you cook with this air fryer? The square basket adds additional space for larger quantities of food. A 5.5-litre capacity allows you to cook a whole roast chicken (up to 6 pounds), a small pizza, or two steaks at a time. It can cook enough french fries for the whole family at once, so you’ll get everyone fed at the same time in moderate-sized families.
Other notable features include a Delay Start feature, which allows you to set the air fryer to cook up to 99 minutes in advance of when you need it to start. This helps you get everything ready at the perfect time, even if you are cooking a larger meal. This air fryer comes with a dishwasher-safe basket and a manual that includes 32 chef-approved recipes, so you’ll never run out of things to make with your air fryer.
- Large Capacity. The square basket in this air fryer can hold up to 5.5 litres, making it ideal for small pizzas, roast chickens, or steaks.
- Auxiliary Functions. Outside of the 7 preset cooking programs, this air fryer can also alarm when your food is finished, keep your food warm while you cook the rest of your meal, pre-heat your foods for crispier results, and thaw frozen foods for faster cooking.
- 7 Preset Modes. There are 7 preset settings available, including seafood, french fries, vegetables, bread, chicken, steak, and shrimp. The air fryer presents the perfect time and temperature for each option.
- Delayed Start. You can set the air fryer to delay for up to 99 minutes, so you can get the rest of your cooking set up and ready at the right time.
Our Expert’s Take
“If you often cook for up to five people, you can’t go wrong with the Innsky XL Air Fryer. This model features a ton of features, presets, and quality-of-life cooking options that you won’t get with other models.”
COSORI Proii Air Fryer
The COSORI Proii Air Fryer is a convenient air fryer and oven combination that can help Canadians around the country achieve the best cooking results while using less fat during the process. This sleek new-generation option brings exciting redesigned structural optimization, along with enhanced airflow technology assisted by the professional-level heating element.
This air fryer from COSORI includes the brand’s AdaptIQ technology, which uses rapid 360º airflow to create a quick cooking experience that results in an even crisp on the exterior that does not compromise the tender interior. There are 12 cooking programs that can be accessed with one touch via the hi-tech display. The programs take the effort out of cooking With just the press of one button, you can select the right option for you, depending on what you want to cook and how you want it to be cooked. From seafood to steak, from baking to reheating, you have cooking ease at your fingertips.
Ten of these cooking presets can be customized, and you can also personalize the Shake Reminder feature. The Keep Warm function is another practical addition to the air fryer, while preheat mode makes quick work of getting your air fryer to an optimal temperature as quickly as possible.
The removable cooking baskets can be placed in the dishwasher, while the nonstick surface of the air fryer can be wiped down with ease after cooking. The compact modern design of the air fryer makes it easy to place in the kitchen, and even easier to store away when not needed. With the programs accessible on the display, the air fryer does not require much of a learning curve.
The technology used by the air fryer can help you cook up to 20% faster, depending on the recipe and the cooking mode you are using. Once you customize a cooking preset to your preferences, you can save it to simplify the process.
- 12 Cooking Programs. The range of these programs can create a more efficient cooking experience while using the air fryer. 10 of them can be personalized.
- AdaptIQ Technology. This technology optimizes airflow during the cooking process and assists with getting the best results out of every recipe.
- New-Generation Design. This modern air fryer features redefined design that uses structure in optimal ways while taking up little space on the counter.
- Ease of Use. Each program is easily accessible and straightforward, making the air fryer easy and quick to use.
Our Expert’s Take
“The COSORI Proii Air Fryer brings a new generation of design and technology. The range of programs and the ease of use make it a great option.”
Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer
The Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer is an air fryer that can be used as an easy rotisserie and a convection oven. It includes 7-in-1 functionality, allowing Canadians to broil, bake, roast, dehydrate, and reheat, apart from using the air frying and rotisserie options. This rotisserie mode is made possible by the heating element at the top of the air fryer, boosted by a high-performance fan to achieve the best results with self-basting and tumble frying.
This air fryer from Instant Pot uses innovative EvenCrisp technology to optimize airflow and circulate it from the top down. With this technology, Canadians can enjoy excellent crispiness on the exterior that does not dry out the juiciness of the interior. This technology also brings less guilt to the cooking process. With deep frying recipes, you could use up to 95% less oil than with traditional cooking methods.
The reduced oil levels also assist with the easy maintenance of the air fryer by minimizing the hassle of dealing with grease. To add to this convenience, the air fryer comes with 7 smart programs that can assist Canadians at all levels of cooking experience to achieve delicious results with minimal effort.
The air fryer comes with 2 cooking trays. Depending on the recipes, you can use them at the same time in the air fryer, streamlining the cooking process even more and allowing you to get 2 simultaneous meals. The comprehensive programs included with the air fryer will assist you in the kitchen no matter the type of recipe you need to use.
There are various accessories included with the air fryer: the 2 cooking trays, the drip pan that helps keep the mess at minimum levels, and the rotisserie implements. All of these can be placed in the dishwasher, adding even more practicality to this air fryer.
- Rotisserie Features. This option grants great appeal to the air fryer. It includes a smart rotisserie program and comes with all the accessories Canadians might need to get the best rotisserie chicken sorted with ease.
- 7-in-1 Functionality. The range of smart programs included with the air fryer makes cooking easy and ensures you get the results you seek from each option.
- EvenCrisp Technology. The way this air fryer optimizes airflow creates excellent crisp while cooking. It also prevents the drying out of the interior.
- Great Accessories. Apart from the rotisserie implements included with the air fryer, it also comes with 2 cooking trays for extra convenience.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Instant Pot Vortex Plus brings excellent rotisserie functionality to Canadian households. The EvenCrisp technology is an additional asset.”
Why Trust Us?
Years in the home and lifestyle industries have taught us a lot about what makes a product stand out. We’ve curated our knowledge over the years, focusing on home products, small kitchen appliances, and sleep products. We understand what most Canadians want, so we try to make recommendations based on that knowledge.
We found the best air fryers in Canada by evaluating a few performance areas, including style, capacity, functions, and temperature range.
- Style. There are two styles when it comes to air fryers: basket-style and oven-style. We included a mix of styles to help you choose the option that works best for your kitchen.
- Capacity. A larger capacity means you can make more food at once. Still, some people prefer smaller-capacity air fryers. We included options with a range of capacities to help cover each shopper’s needs.
- Functions. Functions and presets allow you to cook your favourites with the touch of a button. We looked for air fryers that included multiple functions, so your dinner plans just got a lot easier.
- Temperature Range. The temperature range on most air fryers varies, but it determines what you can use it for. We looked at the high and low thresholds for each of our air fryers and chose the ones with the largest ranges.
Why Should You Use an Air Fryer in Canada?
You might be wondering if you even need an air fryer. What does it do that’s so different from any of the other gadgets in your kitchen? Let’s go over some of the benefits of using an air fryer in Canada.
- Fast cooking. Ovens take time to preheat. Large convection ovens heat food slowly, and your pressure cooker can’t do everything. An air fryer allows you to cook the same type of foods you would make in your oven or your convection oven without long waits. It uses less power and heats food more evenly, too.
- Simple to use. It’s easy to use most air fryers. Even some of the more complicated models (including options with multiple functions) only require the press of a button to work.
- Versatility. You can use an air fryer to do just about anything, including baking, roasting, and (in some cases), rotisserie! There are a host of functions, and it performs all of them quickly.
- Simple to clean. Most air fryers are at least partially dishwasher-safe. If not, they use non-stick materials to make it simple to clean. It’s not that much different from cleaning your favourite pots and pans.
- Less oil. Air fryers produce crispy foods that taste just like your deep-fried favourites but with very little oil. The use of up to 85% less oil in your cooking means that it’s generally healthier, especially if you’re trying to kick that fried food habit.
How to Choose an Air Fryer for Canadians
There are so many air fryers available in Canada. Where do you start? Whether you want to upgrade your old air fryer or you are shopping for your first air fryer, it’s important to keep the following features and options in mind.
There are two main styles available for air fryers. The style you choose depends on your available space and any additional functions you want to use your fryer for.
- Basket. Basket-style air fryers are the most common option. The basket slides in and out of the fryer like a drawer, and locks into place while cooking. Digital models display temperature and cooking time and allow you more control in general. Manual options are less expensive, but they are less accurate when it comes to temperature and time. Basket air fryers can come in two different basket shapes, which each have benefits. We’ll talk about them below.
- Oven. Oven or tray-style air fryers include racks and other accessories to perform many functions. You can use them like a toaster oven, as well as use multiple trays to make more food at once. The oven-style fryer includes a clear front panel so you can see what you’re cooking. They’re larger and can be used as a rotisserie, too.
Each type of air fryer has different benefits and drawbacks. You should evaluate how often you will use your air fryer, as well as which foods you will be frying before you make a decision. Choose the option that works best for you, your lifestyle, and the size of your kitchen.
Basket shape can have a lot to do with how your food cooks, as well as how much food you can cook at once. Basket-style air fryers can come with either a round basket or a square basket. Round baskets are the most common and often less expensive. Food heats evenly because of the round design.
However, square baskets allow for more space at the corners of the basket. If you think a round basket might be too small for your needs, a square basket might be the right option for you. Square-basket air fryers take up more counter space, too. While the shape of the basket might not be the first thing you look for, you should consider these factors before you choose an air fryer.
The capacity of the air fryer can be a huge factor in determining if it’s the right option for you. Capacity refers to the space inside the fryer, usually measured in volume based on the measurements of the interior cooking space. A larger capacity is better if you want to cook more food, and an air fryer with 10 quarts or more will be best for larger families.
Air fryers with square baskets usually have a larger capacity than options with round baskets, while oven-style fryers have the largest capacity. Keep in mind that oven-style air fryers might have space for multiple racks, which can increase their capacity.
Overall, choose the capacity that feels right to you. The standard capacity for an air fryer is around 5 quarts.
Power, measured in watts, can often tell you how well an air fryer will work. This is especially important if you plan on using your air fryer often. You should also consider this when using your air fryer, and trying to use other appliances at the same time might cause power problems.
While each air fryer varies in power, you can expect to find options ranging from 1500 watts to 1700 watts. Larger appliances don’t always have more power, so pay close attention to this number. If you want fast, efficient cooking, a more powerful air fryer is always best.
Functions are preprogrammed options that set the time and temperature for you. These are usually set based on different types of food. For instance, you might find function buttons for fries, fish, chicken, and more. Functions don’t end at food cooking options, though these are the most common options.
Functions also include different cooking methods that your air fryer may be capable of. These may include bake, broil, roast, and toast options, as well as the dehydrate function. The number and description of these functions vary by air fryer.
If you plan on using your air fryer often and for different purposes, go with a machine that has a lot of functions. Some of the best air fryers in Canada have more than 10 functions to choose from. However, they aren’t necessary, especially if you want a simpler air fryer experience. If you just want to make french fries occasionally, you may not need a larger machine with multiple functions. Consider how you’ll use the air fryer before you decide on a purchase.
Cooking Assist Options
Cooking assist options are a different type of function. Options like Keep Warm, Preheat, Thaw, and Timer can help your cooking feel effortless. Even though the functions give you the proper times and temperatures for different foods, these options can help you with convenience more than anything.
The preheat function, for instance, often allows food to come out of the fryer crispy and juicy. Without this function, you have to figure out preheat times. Keep Warm allows you to keep the air fryer at a consistent temperature so that your food remains warm even after cooking. If you are cooking multiple sides and entrees for a meal, Keep Warm can ensure that everything comes out at the same time.
Cooking assist options vary based on the machine, but most are extremely helpful for every home cook.
Size and Footprint
Size is important when it comes to your air fryer, and not just when it comes to interior capacity. As a kitchen appliance, your air fryer should fit between your counter and the bottom of your kitchen cabinets. The more space your fryer has, the better! If your kitchen cabinets are very low or you have limited counter space, the size and footprint size will help you determine if the air fryer will be right for you.
Smaller kitchens should choose a round basket air fryer, as they tend to be shorter and smaller than a square basket or oven-style air fryer. Keep an eye on the product dimensions, which should tell you the height, depth, and width of the fryer. Measure the space you have in your kitchen and choose a fryer that will fit.
The temperature range on your air fryer is one of the only ways to determine what it can and can’t do. A larger temperature range allows you to cook, bake, roast, and fry a larger variety of foods, while a narrow temperature range makes it easy to prioritize a certain type of cooking.
All air fryers vary a bit in their temperature range. The lowest we’ve seen is 90°F (32°C) in air fryers that have a dehydrate function. The highest temperature hovers at around 400°F (204°C). This is a great range, but not necessary if you don’t plan on using the dehydrate feature.
Without dehydrating, a great temperature range is from about 150°F to 400°F (204°C). This should allow you to cook just about anything you want and use any presets with ease.
A warranty is a guarantee from the company. Usually, the length of the warranty is about how long they expect the air fryer to work well. During this warranty (and if you are using your air fryer normally), you can expect your unit to be refunded or replaced if it doesn’t work correctly.
Longer warranties are better for this reason. A fryer with a long warranty should last longer, according to the company. Make sure to check out all of the warranty terms and conditions before making your choice, as some companies can be very specific about meeting their warranty terms.
Keep in mind that not all defects are covered by the warranty. This is why checking the warranty information is important, as you want to make sure that any manufacturing issues will be covered going forward.
Certifications and Safety Features
You want your air fryer to be safe. Since they heat up rapidly, it’s reasonable to want some sort of overheating protection to keep your home secure. When you’re looking at air fryers, look for options that include auto-off switches, overheat protection, and other sensors to keep the machine from heating up too much, or too fast.
Certifications can help with this, but there are other types of certifications as well. Sometimes, you’ll see that an air fryer is certified to be BPA-free, or else the structure and design are certified to be as safe as possible. While these certifications may seem like they don’t matter, it can be beneficial to keep an eye out for them. The more certifications an air fryer has, the more quality control and analysis have gone into producing it.
Keep an eye out for legitimate certifications. It isn’t enough for an air fryer to simply state that it is certified in one area or another. You should see seals or other documentation numbers to verify certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to reduce the amount of fats you use during cooking, an air fryer is a great option to do this while still getting delicious meals. You should also use it if you don’t have much time to spend on cooking and if you want to make it a quicker and easier experience.
Air fryers can help significantly reduce the amount of oil or other fat needed during the cooking process. If you are looking to be healthier by reducing these levels, then air fryers can be of great help during this process.
For maximum convenience, place the dishwasher-safe components of the air fryer in the dishwasher. Use a cloth to wipe down the surface of the air fryer, making sure not to use any corrosive substances to do so.