Electric kettles are convenient appliances for Canadians, allowing them to spend less time boiling water. These kettles are becoming ever more popular and featuring upgraded designs ready to offer more assistance. There are many options on the market, from the basic to high-tech ones with new and exciting features.
To help you narrow down the list of candidates, we have compiled the ultimate selection of the best electric kettles in Canada in 2023. We took into account the features that Canadians love best and had our experts evaluate each option. Here’s what the best electric kettles can offer you.
Best Electric Kettles for Canadians: Top 7 Picks for 2023
- Best Overall: COSORI Electric Glass Kettle
- Best Simple Kettle: Proctor Silex Electric Tea Kettle
- Best Controls: Cuisinart Programmable Kettle
- Best Glass Kettle: Chefman Electric Glass Kettle
- Best Style: COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle
- Best for Canadians Living Alone: AmazonBasics Portable Electric Kettle
- Best Quick Boil: COSORI Electric Kettle
Why Did We Choose These Electric Kettles in Canada?
We hand-picked each entry on our best electric kettles in Canada list to ensure you’ll be delighted with whichever you choose. No matter the size of your kitchen or why you need an electric kettle, these options all stand out on their own merits. If you’re still having trouble picking between these entries, here are some features that make each electric kettle stand out.
The COSORI Electric Glass Kettle has all the necessary features to perfectly fit most Canadian kitchens. Thanks to a winning combination of speed, durability, and simple controls, it wasn’t hard for this kettle to snag the top spot on our list.
The Proctor Silex Electric Tea Kettle is the best simple kettle in Canada. This highly-rated kettle features a single button to turn the kettle on and off. Automatic off features and an easy-view water window take the guesswork out of this kettle.
The Cuisinart Programmable Kettle features impressive controls. This programmable option has one-touch controls with 6 preset temperatures that are ready to suit many types of teas. There is a 30-minute keep warm function included with the kettle for extra convenience. This kettle is easy to use and includes audible tones to let you know the water is ready to be used.
The Chefman Electric Glass Kettle is the best glass kettle we found. This option offers simple controls, cordless pouring, and a built-in (and removable) tea infuser for those who enjoy tea. The clear glass exterior allows you to view every part of the water boiling process, including your water levels.
For Canadians seeking style as well as impressive features, the COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle can be the ideal candidate. This option provides aesthetic appeal as well as 5 one-touch presets that allow you to customise the water temperature depending on the tea you are making.
Although the AmazonBasics Portable Electric Kettle doesn’t offer temperature control, it does offer convenience and a no-frills beverage-making experience. Therefore, it’s perfect for individuals fond of simple electric kettles they use to brew a cup or two a day.
For those in a hurry, the COSORI Electric Kettle can provide a quick boil between 3 and 6 minutes, depending on how full the kettle is. Once the water boils, the kettle will turn off after 30 seconds. The upgraded double-wall design enhances the safety of the kettle while keeping water warm for longer.
COSORI Electric Glass Kettle
Given the relatively affordable price of this COSORI model, the materials used for its construction are highly impressive. The walls of this kettle are made using borosilicate glass, which is known for its superior durability and heat resistance. Thanks to a stainless steel filter, this kettle produces clean water that never comes into contact with potentially harmful substances.
What’s also great is that you won’t have to wait for that hot water for very long. Thanks to rapid-boil functionality, your water can be ready in as little as three minutes. It will take this electric kettle seven minutes tops to deliver boiling water.
Once the water reaches the boiling point, the kettle will automatically shut off, thus preventing dry boiling. Simultaneously, a blue light indicator will let you know when you can pick up the kettle. The light glows while the item is used and turns off once your water is ready.
Besides the pleasing blue-light indicator, the COSORI electric kettle features a sleek design that will complement any kitchen countertop. Both sides of the kettle are clearly labelled, making measuring a breeze. This nifty feature adds ease of use to the extensive list of reasons why this model is our No. 1 pick among the best electric kettles in Canada.
- Highly Durable. This COSORI option is designed for durability thanks to the combination of borosilicate glass and stainless steel used to make it.
- Upgraded Safety. This electric kettle provides Canadians with more safety as it includes automatic shut-off and a blue light indicator to let you know when the water is boiled.
- Sleek Design. The modern look of this electric kettle provides further appeal by adding style to any countertop.
- Easy Use. The kettle is straightforward to use and easy to maintain, making it a convenient choice.
Our Expert’s Take
“The safety features available with this kettle are perfect for most Canadian households. The modern design and easy-to-use controls are highlights, too.”
Best Simple Kettle
Proctor Silex Electric Tea Kettle
The Proctor Silex Electric Tea Kettle is a great option for Canadians who don’t need all of the bells and whistles. If you prefer a simple kettle with simple controls, this is one of the best on the Canadian market. There is a single on/off button on the side of the kettle. When the water inside is done boiling, the kettle switches off to avoid overheating. You can tell if the kettle is on or off because the switch lights up when the kettle is on.
This kettle works quickly to boil your water, with more even and efficient heating than your microwave. It also uses a more convenient serving or pouring method. Once the water is finished boiling, you can remove the kettle from the base to pour your water. This makes it easier to deal with, as you can move the kettle around without worrying about the cord. The water will stay warm inside the kettle even when it is not attached to the base.
You’ll also have boil-dry protection, which means that the kettle will turn itself off after it has been on for a certain amount of time. You won’t be able to accidentally leave it on, as the automatic-off feature will activate when the water reaches a certain temperature. The unit itself is more compact than some of the other options in Canada, making it great for Canadians with smaller kitchens or those who make smaller batches of water at once.
You can check how much water is inside the kettle with the water windows on the outside. These windows allow you to quickly view how full the kettle is, so you know when you need to boil more water. You’ll also love the built-in filter, which stops scale particles and other debris from getting into your drink. This fine mesh filter rests over the pour spout, so you don’t have to do anything special to use it.
- Cord-Free Serving. When the Proctor Silex Electric Tea Kettle is finished boiling your water, you can lift the kettle off the base to serve and pour without dealing with a cord.
- Built-in Filter. A pour spout filter prevents larger particles from falling into your beverages. This small filter also prevents debris and scaling particles from exiting the kettle.
- Water Windows for Easy Viewing. When you need a specific amount of water, it helps to see how full the kettle is. A water-level window on the side of the kettle tells you how full it is.
- Simple Controls. While some kettles have complicated controls, this Proctor Silex Electric Tea Kettle is extremely simple. An on/off switch is the only control, and it automatically flips to ‘off’ when the water finishes boiling.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Proctor Silex Electric Tea Kettle is a simple option that features a single button to get your water boiling quickly. The auto-off feature adds more simplicity to your routine, so you can’t accidentally leave the kettle on.”
Cuisinart Programmable Kettle
The Cuisinart Programmable Kettle is a convenient option with practical one-touch controls. With just one press, Canadians can access 6 preset temperatures. These range from 71ºC for the teas that require lower temperatures, to 93.3ºC which is the ideal water temperature to add to a French press, and to a boil which is ideal for black tea.
The nonslip handle remains cool to the touch even after the water is boiled, making it safe and easy to use. Maintenance is easy, especially thanks to the concealed heating element in the kettle, which can significantly reduce mineral build-up no matter the type of water used in it. Once the water is boiled, you can use the keep warm option for up to 30 minutes. This will help ensure that you have a warm beverage even if you have to wait a little longer after the water boils.
This kettle has a large 1.7-litre capacity and it is designed to boil quickly even when full, to make sure Canadians have their warm beverage without having to wait too long. Thanks to its memory feature, the kettle will go on standby when you pick it up, only to return to the same moment in the cycle once it is placed back. Once the water finishes boiling, there will be a ready tone that is easy to hear. Enjoy extra convenience thanks to the 360º swivel cordless connector.
- Easy Controls. The kettle is designed with easy controls that are available with one press.
- Temperature Range. This kettle includes 6 temperature presets. Whether you want to brew coffee or steep tea, you will find the right choice for your specific beverage thanks to the temperature range.
- Spacious. The kettle has a 1-7-litre capacity to assist with boiling enough water for various beverages and various people at once.
- Good Memory. When the kettle is returned after being picked up, it will automatically resume from the same spot in the cycle.
Our Expert’s Take
“The temperature presets and smart design make the Cuisinart Programmable Kettle a convenient option. You can easily see the level of water inside, too – a useful feature for those who only want to make a few cups of water at a time.”
Best Glass Kettle
Chefman Electric Glass Kettle
A glass kettle is the perfect addition to most modern kitchens. It looks great even when it isn’t in use, and isn’t a big plastic eyesore like some of the less expensive kettles available on the Canadian market. This option from Chefman can hold up to 1.8 litres of water at a time, and you can easily see the water level through the complete borosilicate glass exterior. It uses a 360-degree swivel base to make it easier to move the kettle around, but you can lift it off of the base for easy pouring, serving, and filling as well. This way, you won’t have to deal with the cord getting in your way.
Despite its more sophisticated design, the Chefman Electric Glass Kettle offers simple controls. There is a single button on the kettle that turns it on and off. The on/off switch itself doesn’t light up, the entire kettle uses LED underlighting to let you know when the water is boiling. When this light shuts off, the water is ready. This kettle uses an auto-off system which prevents dry boiling and makes it safer to use overall.
If you plan on using the kettle for tea, you’ll love the included tea infuser. This infuser sits inside the kettle and is completely removable. You can place your loose-leaf or bagless teas inside the kettle when you want to make tea, and it will infuse through the pot as the water boils. Because the kettle itself is made of glass, it is stain-resistant and easy to clean when you are ready to make water for other beverages.
This kettle works quickly and quietly to help you boil water in no time no matter what you usually make boiled water for. Safety features like the automatic-off switch, a boil-dry feature that turns the kettle off when there is little to no water left, and a stay-cool handle that won’t heat during use make this kettle a great choice for most Canadian households.
- Bonus Tea Infuser. Inside the kettle, you’ll find a removable tea infuser. If you like to brew loose-leaf tea, you can place your tea leaves directly into the infuser to brew perfect cups every time.
- Large Capacity. The glass kettle can hold up to 1.8 litres of water at a time, so you can make enough water to make several cups of tea, cocoa, or coffee.
- Cordless Pouring. The 360-degree swivel base is simple to work with. You can lift the kettle off the base to fill it or pour it when the water is finished boiling, so you don’t have to worry about the cord getting in the way.
- Glass Exterior. The exterior of this kettle is made of borosilicate glass. You can easily see how much water is inside, as the entire exterior is clear and does not feature a foggy appearance.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Chefman Electric Glass Kettle is one of the best options on the Canadian market for those who want a glass kettle. It’s perfect for easy viewing and tea infusion. Plus, it looks great on your countertops!”
COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle
The stylish COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle adds aesthetic appeal to any Canadian kitchen, but also offers numerous features. With 5 one-touch temperature presets available, you can use this kettle for a wide range of beverages. Choosing the 76ºC option will get you water suitable for white tea, while the 90ºC is best for oolong tea, the 96ºC option is great for coffee, and the 100ºC option is ideal for black tea.
This electric kettle is made with a stainless steel interior, a stainless steel spout, and a stainless steel lid. This stainless steel is 100% food-grade, which ensures a pure taste for the water once it is boiled, making this an even better choice for those seeking to enjoy premium quality warm beverages.
Pour-over coffee fans can also find this kettle highly useful thanks to its precision spout and counterbalanced handle. This can ensure an even and steady pour, with the water at the perfect temperature to brew coffee. The kettle uses a circular heating method to boil water, which can take between 3 to 5 minutes depending on how full it is.
The kettle is made using Strix thermostat technology, which delivers enhanced safety by turning off automatically when the water boils, and also if there is not enough water in the kettle, preventing the risk of dry boiling. Once the water reaches the desired temperature, a ready tone will play 3 times to let you know that the process has finished. This alert can be turned off as needed from the settings.
- Elegant Style. The aesthetic appeal of the kettle makes it a great choice for those looking for form and function.
- Good Temperature Range. With 5 temperature presets, you can easily achieve the specific temperature you need for your choice of beverage.
- Precise. The precision spout is ideal for achieving great pour-over coffee with a steady flow.
- Safety Features. The kettle turns off automatically when the desired water temperature is reached and when the water is under the minimum level.
Our Expert’s Take
“When you want an electric kettle with a touch of class, the Cosori Electric Gooseneck Kettle is an excellent option. It offers a ton of useful features and a design that will look great in your kitchen.”
Best for Canadians Living Alone
AmazonBasics Portable Electric Kettle
The AmazonBasics series is a tried and tested way to equip your home with reliable, everyday items. The portable electric kettle from this series fits right into this description. It will serve you well for everyday brewing, especially if you’re only making drinks for yourself.
Thanks to the 1.0-litre capacity and 1500 watts of power, your water will boil in no time. Afterward, you can easily pour it into your cup thanks to the kettle’s cordless design. The cord stays with the base, which can be placed almost anywhere in your kitchen. This flexible placement is made possible by the impressive length of the power cord.
Once your water is ready, the kettle will automatically turn off. After the item cools down, you can easily clean it by removing the filter. This model features a concealed heating element, allowing smooth and simple cleaning of its interior.
- Cordless Design. The cord of the kettle is designed to remain with the base at all times, making it easier to pour water.
- Easy Maintenance. The kettle can be easily cleaned by removing the filter and giving it a wipe-down once it all cools.
- Water Window. You can easily check the water level in the kettle by looking through the convenient water window.
- Good Value. This affordable option offers plenty of convenient features that remove the hassle from boiling water.
Our Expert’s Take
“The AmazonBasics Portable Electric Kettle offers a classic, easty-to-use design that is simple to maintain and boils water quickly. It’s ideal for single users.”
Best Quick Boil
COSORI Electric Kettle
The COSORI Electric Kettle is a convenient option that offers quick boil. Even when full, the kettle takes between 3 and 6 minutes to reach boiling, which makes it practical and quick to use. This can be a great help, especially on hectic mornings when time is of the essence. Once the water achieves rolling boil, the kettle will automatically turn off. It also includes dry boiling protection that prevents the kettle from being used when the water level is too low.
This option from COSORI comes with an upgraded design that features a double-wall build that includes a stainless steel interior and a stainless steel outer shell. This design keeps the kettle cool to the touch on the outside, while keeping the water warm for longer on the inside. The inner shell is sleek and minimises the risk of build-up. It is made from food-grade stainless steel, which assists with the pure taste of the water.
To reduce the risk of splashing, this electric kettle has a 2-level lid. It rises to 45º to ensure a splash-free pour, and can then be lifted to 80ºC for cleaning or filling. The non-drip spout includes a stainless-steel filter and a wider opening that helps create a steadier pour.
- Quick Boil. This kettle from COSORI offers Canadians a quick boil, usually taking no longer than 6 minutes to complete.
- Double-Wall Design. This upgraded design creates a better result both on the interior and exterior of the kettle.
- Pour Control. The wider spout helps with achieving a controlled steady pour no matter what you use the water for.
- Easy Safety. The kettle has useful safety features designed to run automatically for extra convenience.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Cosori Electric Kettle features a sleek, upgraded design that will look great in any kitchen. It boils water quickly so you can make beverages quickly.”
Comparing the Best Electric Kettles for Canadians
|Best Overall||COSORI Electric Glass Kettle||Borosilicate Glass and Stainless Steel||20.1 x 15.5 x 24.1 cm||1.7 litres||1500 watts|
|Best Simple Kettle||Proctor Silex Electric Tea Kettle||Plastic||26 x 13.7 x 19.4 cm||1 litre||1000 watts|
|Best Controls||Cuisinart Programmable Kettle||Stainless Steel||22.4 x 15.5 x 24.8 cm||1.7 litres||1500 watts|
|Best Glass Kettle||Chefman Electric Glass Kettle||Borosilicate Glass||21.6 x 15.2 x 17.8 cm||1.8 litres||1100 Watts|
|Best Style||COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle||Glass and Stainless Steel||20.3 x 14 x 20 cm||1 litre||1500 watts|
|Best for Canadians Living Alone||AmazonBasics Portable Electric Kettle||Glass and Stainless Steel||20.3 x 14 x 20 cm||1 litre||1500 watts|
|Best Quick Boil||COSORI Electric Kettle||Stainless Steel||23.11 x 16 x 25.91 cm||1.5 litres||1500 watts|
How We Selected These Electric Kettles in Canada
At Made in CA, we stay on top of the latest trends in kitchen appliances and other home and living products. Our mission is simple – to provide our fellow Canadians with valuable information to improve their quality of life. We carefully evaluate every product on our list before recommending it to our readers.
While creating our best electric kettles in Canada list, we relied on specific criteria.
- Budget. Pricier electric kettles come with more smart features. However, most Canadians have no use for such fanciness. So, we kept our entries relatively affordable. We made sure to include a few electric kettles for Canadians who want the bells and whistles and are willing to pay for them.
- Ease of Use. Boiling water shouldn’t be rocket science. For this reason, we picked only the kettles that have intuitive controls and allow you to prepare your beverage hassle-free.
- Speed. The whole point of using an electric kettle for boiling water is reaching your goal as quickly as possible, especially during cold Canadian winters. We made sure to only include electric kettles that take mere minutes to boil one litre of water.
- Material. The models featured on our best electric kettles in Canada list are primarily made of stainless steel and glass. Kettles manufactured using these materials have proven to be the most durable and stylish. While our entries might include some plastic parts, we’ve kept completely plastic electric kettles off our list. While these models are the most affordable and lightweight, they might impart a funny smell or taste to your water and deteriorate rather quickly.
Why Use Electric Kettles in Canada?
Using an electric kettle instead of a pan for boiling water has multiple advantages. Keep reading to learn why you should switch to this handy appliance.
Electric Kettles Make Beverages Taste Better
Purchasing a variable-temperature electric kettle is a game changer for coffee aficionados and tea connoisseurs. Thanks to these smart devices, you’ll be able to bring out the best taste in any beverage, elevating your hot drink game.
For instance, delicate tea leaves call for lower temperatures. Similarly, the key to brewing a perfectly balanced cup of coffee is using water that hasn’t quite reached its boiling point.
Electric Kettles Use Less Electricity
Electric kettles are significantly more energy-efficient than a microwave or a stovetop. The higher the wattage, the faster your water will heat up. So, you’ll use less electricity, reducing your electricity bills in the long run.
Electric Kettles Are Safer
The best electric kettles in Canada include an automatic shut-off feature, making these appliances much safer than traditional stovetops. Since the boiling process stops as soon as the liquid starts bubbling, you’ll avoid the dangers of spillage. In addition, with electric kettles, there’s no fear of an open flame that can result in nasty burns and severe home damage.
Electric Kettles Save Time
If you’re in a hurry to start your day right – with a hot cup of coffee or tea – the last thing you want is to wait around until the water starts boiling. Thanks to the electric kettle, your much-needed energy boost will be only a few minutes away.
Electric Kettles Are Portable
What makes electric kettles great is how easy you can transport them to wherever you’re headed. Even if you don’t choose a travel-sized kettle, you’ll probably find room in your luggage for this nifty appliance.
How to Choose an Electric Kettle for Canadians
Although an electric kettle is one of the most straightforward kitchen appliances you can purchase, you shouldn’t grab the first one you see. A few factors make a big difference when considering the various models of electric kettles available in Canada.
Here’s what to keep in mind to ensure you purchase one of the best electric kettles in Canada.
Electric kettles primarily differ in their pour spout. Most models available on the Canadian market feature the more traditional, beak-shaped pour spout. The main advantage of this opening is how quickly it dispenses water.
Other electric kettle models have an elongated, narrow spout that bears an uncanny resemblance to a goose’s neck. For this reason, this electric kettle type is known as the gooseneck kettle. This kettle pours water pretty slowly. Plus, the top opening is significantly narrower, which gives you more control over water pouring.
If you’re making a simple cup of tea, this might be more of a hassle than a handy addition. However, a gooseneck spout is imperative for Canadians who enjoy pour-over coffee. Even if precision isn’t crucial for your drink, you might benefit from reducing the chances of spills and splashes.
The ideal capacity for your electric kettle will depend on your drinking habits, the number of household members who want hot water, and the available space.
If you only make one cup of coffee or tea every morning, a large electric kettle will only take up space in your kitchen. One with a 0.5-litre capacity should do the trick. However, suppose you’re an avid coffee or tea drinker or brew beverages for more people. In that case, it’s worth purchasing a larger kettle. Generally speaking, a 1-litre kettle is sufficient for couples and smaller families, while bigger families should probably shoot for the 2-litre range.
A bigger kettle is typically heavier and will take up more counter space. If you have limited space available, consider buying a smaller model. Similarly, electric kettles with 0.5-litre capacity will be far better travel buddies.
Most electric kettles available in Canada are made using the following materials:
- Stainless Steel is arguably the most popular material option, thanks to its durability, resistance to rust, and polished look.
- Glass kettles add a whole new level of elegance to your kitchen. Plus, you can watch the water inside come to a boil.
- Plastic kettles are ideal for Canadians who worry about the electric kettle being too heavy. Although the least durable, plastic is the most lightweight material option, making these kettles easy to transport and store.
- Aluminum is an excellent heat conductor. As a result, an aluminum kettle will bring your water to a boil in no time. This material is also scratch-resistant but can be prone to denting.
The materials can affect the price, durability, and overall quality of the kettle. Choose the option that fits your budget, but make sure to consider how it might affect your kettle use.
For the most part, electric kettles in Canada are simple to use – you press a switch and wait for the water to boil. If you’re feeling fancy, you can look for models with smart features, such as pre-set drink options and temperature holding. Just remember that these additional features will probably raise the price of the electric kettle.
While these options are more of a bonus, an automatic shut-off feature can be extremely valuable for your safety as well as the longevity of the kettle. Luckily, most electric kettles in Canada offer this helpful feature.
Temperature settings will only matter to you if you plan on making more complex beverages that require specific boiling temperatures. If that’s the case, look for electric kettles in Canada with temperature control. Suppose you don’t care about how hot the water is precise. In that case, you’ll be perfectly satisfied with a kettle with no temperature settings.
How to Use Electric Kettles in Canada
An electric kettle doesn’t require the same amount of upkeep as some bigger appliances. Still, you should follow a few steps to ensure your kettle continues working smoothly.
Clean the Electric Kettle Regularly
Regular and proper cleaning is arguably the most important practice for keeping your kettle up to par. Since you’re working with an electric appliance, you should avoid washing your kettle using running water. Instead, it would be best if you did the following.
- Unplug the kettle.
- Let it cool down if it’s been working.
- Wipe the exterior using a clean cloth and a cleaning product of your choice.
- Fill the kettle halfway with equal parts warm water and vinegar.
- Bring the solution to a boil.
- Leave it to sit for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the solution and scrub the interior.
- Rinse the interior with water.
If you’re dealing with hard-to-remove calcium deposits, use a stronger solution of one part water and three parts vinegar and leave the solution in the kettle overnight.
How frequently you clean the interior depends on the hardness of your water. The harder the water, the more often you’ll have to clean. On average, you should thoroughly clean your electric kettle at least four times a year.
Only Boil the Necessary Amount of Water
Many Canadians tend to fill their electric kettle to the top when getting hot water for their coffee, tea, oatmeal, or ramen. But boiling more water than necessary can actually damage the appliance over time. Namely, the heating element will have to work harder and longer, which affects its lifespan in the long run. There’s a simple solution for this problem – only boil the necessary amount of water for your food or drink. This saves electricity too.
Avoid Leaving Water in the Electric Kettle
Another common mistake that many Canadians make is leaving water in the kettle after they finish using it. If there’s any water left, make sure to pour it out entirely. Storing water in the electric kettle can lead to limescale buildup and even mould, rendering even the best electric kettle in Canada useless. If limescale does build up in your electric kettle, you should descale it as quickly as possible. Most electric kettles should include instructions for descaling, but guides are readily available online for further information.
Avoid Heating an Empty Electric Kettle
Turning on an empty electric kettle can damage the heating element, subsequently decreasing the appliance’s lifespan. Also, this can be a safety hazard. More advanced electric kettles available in Canada will automatically cut off power if there’s no water inside. If your chosen kettle doesn’t have this feature, make sure to always pour in the water before turning on the appliance.
Follow the Manufacturer’s Usage Guidelines
Before putting your electric kettle to good use, you should go through the provided manual. Pay close attention to the sections describing which liquids are off-limits for your model. If you fail to follow these guidelines, you could damage your electric kettle. Make sure to follow all usage guidelines to ensure that your electric kettle lasts as long as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nearly every Canadian household can benefit from owning an electric kettle. These handy small appliances ensure perfectly boiled water in just minutes, and have many uses. An electric kettle can be made to easily make tea, hot cocoa and water for pasta or instant soups. Busy families will love the convenience of an electric kettle, which you can simply turn on without worrying about a hot stove or a pot bubbling over.
Canadians used to a traditional kettle, which you can simply rinse out as needed, may wonder about how to best clean an electric kettle. Maintaining and cleaning an electric kettle is incredibly easy and can be done as often as needed. Most kettles can be deep cleaned by mixing water and vinegar and letting it boil within the kettle for a few minutes. The frequency of this cleaning will depend on how hard your water is where you live.
Electric kettles are easily stored and won’t take up valuable countertop or cupboard space. Perfect for those with small kitchens, you can easily own and store an electric kettle no matter what size kitchen you may have. When storing an electric kettle, ensure that it is fully dry, without moisture residue inside, to prevent any mildew or mould build-up.
Many Canadians live alone or have a household in which only one person may be using an electric kettle. To save on space, a smaller portable electric kettle may be the best option for single users. The AmazonBasics Portable Electric Kettle is our pick for the best kettle for a single person. This portable kettle holds 1 litre of water, is easy to clean and is incredibly compact.
Electric kettles in Canada are very safe to use and arguably safer than a traditional tea kettle. While you do need to ensure that your electric kettle is using proper voltage and the cord stays away from extreme heat and water, these kettles are safe to use. A traditional tea kettle uses stove elements or gas, which can be more dangerous, especially in households with younger children, making an electric kettle a perfect option.
Busy families and households that are short on time may worry that an electric kettle may take a long time to heat up and be ready to use. Luckily, this is not the case, as electric kettles heat up quickly and safely. Most electric kettles are ready to use in just a handful of minutes, with some reaching boiling as fast as 3 minutes.