Juicers are a convenient way to make great delicious and nutritious juice right at home in Canada. These appliances extract juice from fruit and vegetables while separating the liquid from other parts like skin, seeds, stones, and even pulp. If you love juice, then this is a good appliance to try to get the most health benefits from your home. There are plenty of options available, and if you need some help narrowing them down, we are here for you.
To uncover the best juicers in Canada for 2023, we did hours of painstaking research. Our experts evaluated and analyzed each juicer. We wanted to make sure we included the most relevant top-tier options, full of the features that most appeal to Canadians. Here’s our ultimate list of the best juicers available.
The 6 Best Juicers for Canadian Kitchens – 2023 Picks
- Best Overall: Hamilton Beach Juicer
- Best Cold Juicer: Breville Juice Fountain Cold Juicer
- Best Space-Saving: Elite Gourmet Juicer
- Best Drip-Free: Black and Decker Citrus Juicer
- Best Mastication: Omega Medical Juicer
- Best for Vegetables: Black+Decker JE2200B Fruit and Vegetable Extractor
Why Did We Choose These Juicers in Canada?
The products you see here have gone through an exhaustive selection process. Each of these juicers was discovered through extensive research, with a short list passed on to our experts for analysis. We took their opinions into account to reach our final selection. Here’s why each of these juicers features on the list.
The Hamilton Beach Juicer brings great power to juicing. It has an extra-large chute that can fit whole fruit and vegetables, which can cut down on prep time. The juicer’s 800W electric motor can turn produce into juice quicker than many other options on the market. It includes a spacious pulp bin to make the juicing even more practical.
The Breville Juice Fountain Cold is our best choice for a cold juicer. This juicer features convenient 2-speed electronic controls and a custom-design nozzle that prevents drips and messes. The extra-wide chute allows you to skip the pre-cutting phase with most fruit and vegetables. The cold spin technology can help preserve nutrients during the juicing process.
The Elite Gourmet Juicer is a great space-saving option for those with limited counter space. It includes a power switch with reverse action to get rid of potential obstructions and comes with a selection of convenient accessories like a pulp collection cup, a cleaning brush, and a food pusher.
The Black and Decker Citrus Juicer offers a drip-free standard-sized cone with adjustable pulp control and auto-reversing reamer. The 2 cones included with the juicer rotate in both directions to maximize juice output. The built-in cord storage is a practical way to save space, and the measurement markings create an easy way to keep track of the juicing.
The Omega Medical Juicer offers impressive mastication with fruit and vegetables. This medical-grade option is recommended by health experts thanks to how well it preserves nutrients and antioxidants. The dual-stage extraction is essential to this process, and the higher yield means you can enjoy more juice from one go.
If you prefer to juice vegetables more often than fruits, consider the Black+Decker JE2200B Fruit and Vegetable Extractor. This juicer works to remove all of the delicious, nutrient-rich juices from your pulpy vegetables and fruits. An integrated pulp container makes cleaning a breeze.
Hamilton Beach Juicer
The Hamilton Beach Juicer simplifies the juicing process. This powerful option uses an 800W electric motor to make quick work of turning produce into juice. The innovative Big Mouth feed chute minimizes the need for prep time by allowing you to use whole fruit and vegetables in the juicer.
Upon receiving the juicer, the assembly can be done within minutes and without prior knowledge or specialist tools. You will only need to insert the strainer in its designated space and then use the latches to lock the lid into place. After that, you can go ahead and use your juicer whenever you wish. If you need to store it, the compact size and easy disassembly can help with that too.
There is a cleaning brush included with the juicer that helps with maintenance, and you can also make use of the included selection of recipes to get the most out of the appliance. Once you start juicing, you will have very few interruptions thanks to the extra-large pulp bin. You can then make use of the pulp in other ways, or easily compost it.
The micro-mesh strainer doubles as a cutter and teams up with the powerful motor to quickly get high-yield liquid from produce. Most of the components included with the juicer are dishwasher-safe, including the strainer, the pulp bin, and the bowl. With the cleaning process so easy and quick, you can enjoy the results of the juicing without worrying about the effort to maintain the appliance.
You can use a wide variety of fruit and vegetables in the juicer, from apples to leafy greens. Take advantage of the multi-purpose aspect of the juicer by using it to make lactose-free milk such as soy or almond. Canadians might notice how dry the pulp gets thanks to the high-yield juicing process.
- Powerful Motor. The 800W electric motor included with the juicer allows you to enjoy the results quicker than you might expect.
- Big Mouth Feed Tube. The spacious feed tube can fit whole vegetables and fruit, which can minimize prep time.
- Large Pulp Bin. The extra large pulp bin assists with an uninterrupted juicing experience.
- Multi-Purpose. Beyond juicing, you can also use this appliance to make milk from soybeans, almonds, and rice.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Hamilton Beach Juicer is a powerful appliance that stands out thanks to its Big Mouth feed tube and high-performance electric motor. It simplifies juicing, so it’s much less intimidating for beginners.”
Best Cold Juicer
Breville Juice Fountain Cold Juicer
The Breville Juice Fountain Cold Juicer brings high performance and innovation to the process. This option includes an extra-wide feed chute which you can use for whole fruit and vegetables. It significantly cuts down on prep time so you won’t have to worry as much about cutting and chopping before you get to use the juicer.
This juicer from Breville uses cold spin technology to maximize the nutrients and vitamins you will get to enjoy in the juice. The precision mesh filter is made in Italy from high-quality materials that assist with premium results. If you want to make a batch of juice that you can then enjoy later, this juicer comes with an XL jug that uses a seal to keep the juice fresh for up to 3 days if stored in the fridge.
This Breville option has 2-speed electronic controls. The high setting should be used for dense or hard produce, while the low setting is recommended for softer fruit or vegetables, especially the leafy kinds. To help with cleaning, various elements of the juicer are safe to use in the dishwasher, including the cover, jug, filter bowl, and purée disc.
A great option for those with little juicing experience, this Breville juicer has a unique design with the feed chute placed right above the shredding disc. The powerful electric motor creates a high-quality performance that can get you the desired results in less time than you might expect.
For additional safety, there is a safety arm that locks the operation of the juicer if the cover is not in its right place. The shredding disc can make quick work of tougher rinds such as pineapple. You can use up to 13,000 RPM speed to get an efficient juicing experience whenever you wish to have a fresh glass of juice.
- Cold Extraction Technology. The patented Breville cold spin technology ensures that the juice you get has as many nutrients and vitamins as possible without losing the majority of them in the process.
- 2-Speed Controls. You can customize the juicing experience according to your needs with the high and low settings available with this juicer. Simply turn the know from one to the other.
- Powerful Performance. The high-power motor combined with the shredding disc can make quick work of even tough produce.
- Dishwasher-Safe. Many elements of the juicer can be placed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. This creates a quicker and more streamlined experience for Canadians using the juicer.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Breville Juice Fountain Cold Juicer combines power with innovative technology to deliver nutritious and delicious results.”
Elite Gourmet Juicer
The Elite Gourmet Juicer is a compact option that can be used even in Canadian kitchens lacking in counter space. This juicer is ideal for those looking to make small servings that can suit 1 to 2 people. It used cold press technology to prevent oxidation and heat transfer, making sure that nutrients and vitamins are preserved.
This juice uses high torque and speed as low as 70 RPM to ensure performance and mastication while keeping heat away from the process as much as possible. The appliance separates the liquid from the pulp during the extraction process, while maximizing the amount of nutrients and reducing foam levels.
On the power switch, you will find 3 options: on, off, and reverse. Using the reverse function is a great way to avoid obstructions created by other parts of the fruit and vegetables getting juiced. Thanks to the slow cold press juicing performed by this juicer, you will be able to store the liquid in the fridge for longer in excellent condition.
This Elite Gourmet option comes with a complete set of accessories that includes a cup for pulp collection, a juice cup, a food pusher, and a cleaning brush. These accessories ensure you get the best out of the product while minimizing the amount of maintenance you have to do for it.
Despite its compact size, this mini juicer can handle many types of fruit and vegetables. We recommend spending some time prepping the produce to make sure it fits in the strainer, but it has been proven to make quick work of beets, apples, carrots, and ginger, among many others.
The juicer is easy to clean when you are done, using the brush and warm water. You can then store it away until you next need it, or leave it out on the counter seeing as it doesn’t take up too much surface area.
- Compact Size. This space-saving option is a great choice for those with smaller kitchens. Despite its size, the power of the juicer impresses.
- Cold Press. The juicer uses cold press technology to make sure it delivers nutrient-rich juice.
- Good Accessory Selection. Featuring a juice cup, a pulp cup, a food pusher, and a cleaning brush, this juicer comes with all the essentials for performance and maintenance.
- Slow Speed. With speed as low as 70 RPM, the juicer preserves the integrity of the nutrients and vitamins in the produce.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mini option is a powerhouse thanks to the technology it uses. Space-saving and performance go hand in hand with the Elite Gourmet Juicer.”
Black and Decker Citrus Juicer
The Black and Decker Citrus Juicer is a great option for those looking to enjoy healthy natural juice made at home. It is recommended to use with oranges and lemons, as the shape of the design maximizes juice squeezed from citrus fruit. This juicer comes with 2 cones that rotate in both directions to make sure it extracts as much liquid as possible.
The smaller cone is ideal for oranges and lemons, while the larger one is recommended for use with bigger citrus fruit such as grapefruit. The cones include a pulp basket with adjustable pulp control that allows Canadians to set their preferred amount of pulp depending on their tastes and the fruit they are juicing.
The design is compact and includes built-in cord storage for extra convenience. Each part of the juice is easy to clean and can be placed in the dishwasher, minimizing the effort and time spent on maintenance. The juice container is see-through so that you have a good view of the yield after squeezing each fruit. There are also measurements on the side of the container.
The juicer comes with a moulded drip-free pour spout that reduces mess while providing a comfortable pouring experience. The reversing feature on the cones is triggered automatically, so all you have to do is wait for each section of fruit to be juiced as much as possible before moving on to the next.
This minimal-effort option can be used to juice ingredients you might need for cooking or baking, making it a great addition to your kitchen repertoire. When you are done with the juicing, you can use the plastic storage cover to keep your juicer safe from dust and ready for your next use.
This powerful compact option is a great way to get nutrient-rich orange juice in the morning with little to no effort.
- Great for Citrus. This juicer is designed to work with citrus fruit, from limes to grapefruit.
- Adjustable Pulp Control. The 2 cones included with the juicer have pulp baskets with adjustable pulp control that you can switch from one moment to the next, making sure you get juice that suits your preferences.
- Drip-Free Spout. The moulded drip-free spout included with the juicer is comfortable to use while reducing potential messes due to leaks.
- Auto-Reverse Function. Each of the 2 cones can work in both directions. While you juice, they will automatically go in both directions as needed to extract the most liquid out of the fruit.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Black and Decker Citrus Juicer can be a great addition to Canadian kitchens thanks to the adjustable pulp control and auto-reverse function.”
Omega Medical Juicer
The Omega Medical Juicer comes with recommendations from many health experts in the medical field. This industry-leading option delivers impressive powerful performance designed to preserve nutrients and vitamins. The dual-stage extraction features great mastication, which is the process through which produce is crushed. Through this dual-stage action, the maximum amount of enzymes and antioxidants can be preserved.
The juicer uses cold press technology to minimize heat transfer and prevent the loss of nutrients. This process uses speeds as low as 80 RPM to keep oxidation and heat transfer at minimum levels. Cold-pressed juices have the advantage of holding on to the delicious taste and nutrients available in the produce they come from.
Canadians looking to adopt a healthier lifestyle or who need to make sure they get as many nutrients as possible through diet should consider this option from Omega. It can have a higher yield than many other juicers and uses precision extraction to get the most out of even tougher produce such as celery. You can also use this to make wheatgrass and carrot juice, or you can create personalized combinations depending on the vitamins and antioxidants you want to get from the juice you have.
Thanks to the low-speed cold pressing technology, Canadians can store the juice they make in the Omega juicer for up to 72 hours in the fridge. This process can keep the juice from separating while it is stored during that time frame while maintaining the integrity of the enzymes.
The Omega juicer comes with a small feeding tube, so you may need to spend prep time getting your fruit and vegetables to the right size. While this may take more time, the juice that results from this can make up for the amount of prep and cleaning involved. It is recommended to use fruit and vegetable pieces that are around 2 cm.
- Cold Press Technology. The cold press technology used by this juicer minimizes heat transfer and oxidation. By doing this, it can preserve the nutrients and vitamins present in the produce.
- Dual-Stage Extraction. The dual-stage mastication of the Omega contributes to the high yield and high-quality results that make this a medically recommended product.
- Low Speed. The low-speed setting assists with keeping heat transfer at a minimum while preserving the integrity of the produce.
- Great for Celery. The Omega juicer provides great assistance with juicing celery, by extracting all the best it has to offer with minimal effort.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Omega Medical Juicer is recommended by health experts thanks to its performance and technology. We enjoyed the dual-stage extraction.”
Best for Vegetables
Black+Decker JE2200B Fruit and Vegetable Extractor
The Black+Decker JE2200B Fruit and Vegetable Extractor is the perfect option for those who like to get fresh vegetable juice regularly. Whether you are juicing leafy greens, carrots, sweet potatoes, or ginger, this fruit and vegetable extractor can handle it all. A smaller footprint and large capacity juice cup make maintenance simple, especially when all of the removable parts are safe to go right into the dishwasher.
This small, lightweight juicer works to save your counter space with a smaller, custom-sized juice cup and an integrated pulp container. While other juicers may take up more space with these parts, this juicer tucks them away so you get the most out of the machine without it taking up every inch of your space in smaller kitchens.
It’s extremely simple to use, with a standard chute that allows for easy feeding, even if you have to break down some larger fruits and vegetables. When it’s time to clean up, you can remove all of the parts (including the stainless steel blades) without any hassle, as the rubber feet keep the machine from moving around during operation and cleaning.
If you prefer your juice without pulp or hassle, this juicer is one of the best options you can choose. It effortlessly separates your juice, giving you exactly what you want without mess or stress. The easy clean-up features are extremely important, especially when it comes to messier fruits and vegetables.
- Dishwasher Safe. Each part of the juicer that can be removed from the machine is dishwasher-safe, so you don’t have to stress about clean-up.
- Non-Slip Rubber Feet. The bottom of this juicer uses rubber feet, so it doesn’t move around when you are removing the pulp container, juice cup, or other components.
- Integrated Pulp Container. The pulp container is integrated into the machine, so it doesn’t take up any additional space. This large 0.8-litre container will keep all of your pulp contained for easy clean-up later.
- Smaller Footprint. The design of this juicer won’t take up much space on your countertops, making plenty of room for your other devices.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Black+Decker JE2200B Fruit and Vegetable Extractor is ideal for all of your pulpiest fruits and vegetables, allowing you to get delicious juice out of carrots, leafy greens, sweet potatoes, and more.”
Comparing the Best Juicers for Canadians
|Best Overall||Hamilton Beach Juicer||19.8D x 29.2W x 36.6H cm||N/A||Plastic, Glass, Stainless Steel||800W|
|Best Cold Juicer||Breville Juice Fountain Cold Juicer||36D x 26W x 44H cm||2 Litres||Plastic, Glass and Silver Finish||850W|
|Best Space-Saving||Elite Gourmet Juicer||8.3D x 8.3W x 30.5H cm||0.45 Litres||Plastic||150W|
|Best Drip-Free||Black and Decker Citrus Juicer||7.7D x 7.7W x 9.5H cm||0.9 Litres||Plastic||900W|
|Best Mastication||Omega Medical Juicer||16.5D x 36.8W x 39.4H cm||0.8 Litres||Plastic, Brushed Finish||200W|
|Best for Vegetables||Black+Decker JE2200B Fruit and Vegetable Extractor||22.9D x 33W x 22.9H cm||0.83 Litres||Plastic||400W|
How We Selected the Best Juicers in Canada
We’ve spent years evaluating all different types of home and lifestyle equipment, including all types of small appliances. During that time, we’ve developed a winning method for determining which options are best for you. First, we evaluate every aspect of the appliance. Next, our team of experts further analyzes and researches every product.
We evaluated the juicers on our list for Canadians based on the following performance areas:
- Type of Juicer. The type of juicer you choose can impact what you can juice, how much you can juice per day, and how your juice is processed. We looked at all types of juicers that were readily available for residential use and considered how useful each would be for your life.
- Juice Capacity. How much can the juicer yield per session or day? Depending on how much juice you want to make at once, the juice capacity can make a big difference. We looked at the capacity of each juicer when we evaluated how efficient they were.
- Power and Speeds. How powerful is the juicer? How many speeds does it have? These options are tied together and can determine how well the juicer works with firmer produce. The more power and the more available speeds, the more your juicer can do (and the faster it can do it!). We evaluated each speed on each juicer to determine how well they worked on different fruits and veggies.
- Feed Chute Size. The size of the feed chute is important, as it can determine how much prep you have to do before juicing. A larger feed chute means you can juice whole fruits and veggies, while a smaller option requires you to cut up produce before putting it into the machine. We took this into account as we researched each of the options on our list.
Why Do You Need a Juicer?
There are many benefits to juicing your fruits and vegetables. But do you need a juicer? Here are a few reasons you might decide to purchase a juicer.
- It can help you save money. Do you overbuy produce, or find yourself blending several fruits and veggies for a pitiful amount of juice? A juicer can increase your yield, lead to less pulp waste, and make the most of your fruits and veggies.
- Juicing preserves more nutrients than blending. Blending your products can help you extract the juices, but the friction and high speeds can often destroy much of the nutrients found in your favourite fruits and vegetables. Juicing, especially slow juicing, preserves those vital nutrients.
- Ever worried about your diet becoming stale? A juicer can help add variety to your life by introducing a range of fruit and vegetable juices to your diet.
- Easier on your body. Fruit and vegetable juices deliver essential nutrients that are simple for your body to digest. Breaking the nutrients down like this increases the rate at which your body absorbs them, so you’ll get a boost faster and with less energy.
- Simple process. While blending your fruits and veggies to extract the juice is an option, you’ll also need additional equipment to remove the pulp. You’ll have to drain the contents yourself, which can lead to less juice and more mess. A juicer does all of this work for you, so you only have to empty the pulp bin and enjoy your juice.
How to Choose a Juicer for Canadians
Before you can choose the right juicer for your kitchen, you need to understand a few basic things about juicing machines. Here are some of the basics that can help you choose the right juicer for your lifestyle.
Type of Juicer
Most juicers in Canada perform the same basic functions, but there are a few different types of juicers to choose from. You should select the one that addresses your needs.
- Centrifugal Juicers. Centrifugal juicers use motion and force to shred fruits and vegetables. The resulting juice and pulp are strained through a screen, so the juice comes out of the spout and the pulp is held back inside the container. This is the most popular type of juicer for residential use, and they are the fastest.
- Masticating Juicers or Cold Press Juicers. Masticating juicers are also called slow juicers or cold juicers. They use a slow gear to push fruits and vegetables slowly through an extraction gear. They yield more juice and may create a drier pulp than centrifugal options.
- Manual Juicers. A manual juicer is used for citrus fruits, for the most part. Manual juicers require you to grind your citrus fruits against a reamer, which creates less juice than the other options. The manual juicer on our list uses electricity to make the process easier and more efficient.
The juicing capacity of a juicer refers to how much the container, or pitcher, can hold. Some options feature built-in pitchers, while other juicers deliver their final product through a spout at the side of the machine. Consider the juicing capacity before making your decision, but know that it’s not always wise to choose the largest capacity.
The reasoning behind this is simple. Though some juicers can only make a cup of juice at a time, you can always replace the cup under the spout and continue to juice. However, it’s going to take a while to get the amount of juice you need this way, particularly if you need a larger yield.
A larger juicer can help you get more done in a single session, and without constantly emptying the pitcher or container. Some of these options even come with storage pitchers, meaning you can put a lid on the pitcher and put it into the fridge for the rest of the day.
While juicing capacity is something you should keep an eye on, it’s not one of the final factors that should decide which juicer you ultimately decide to purchase.
Power Capabilities and Speed Options
A more powerful juicer can work with firmer produce. If a juicer is rated at 800 watts, for instance, it should work for most firm produce, roots, and more. A higher wattage is better if you’re going to juice carrots, beets, or ginger roots. However, if you’re only juicing citrus fruits, apples, or softer vegetables, you likely won’t use higher wattage options.
If you want a more versatile juicer that can handle most fruits and vegetables, you should choose one with speed options. Speed options allow you to control the power, so you can fine-tune how you extract the juice from your favourite fruits and vegetables. If you want to juice some leafy greens, for example, you should choose the lower speed options. The higher-speed options can quickly extract juice from harder fruits and veggies.
Most juicers with speed options only have 2 options. However, some can have up to 5 different speeds so you can further control how you extract your juice.
Most centrifugal and masticating juicers have a feed chute. This is where you put the fruits into the juicer and press them down into the machine. There are two main feed chute sizes. The smaller, more standard size is made for prepared fruits and vegetables. Instead of putting the entire fruit or vegetable into the juicer, you have to cut it into smaller pieces first.
On the other hand, a wider feed chute is better for whole produce. Some of the largest options are about 3 inches wide. This is large enough for most whole fruits and vegetables, meaning there’s less prep time for you. Knowing the fruits and vegetables you plan on juicing (as well as how much time you’ll have for prep) can make choosing a feed chute size a little easier.
How big is the juicer? Most Canadians will choose a juicer that is large enough for their needs, but you should consider the size carefully when choosing a juicer. This is especially true if you have a smaller kitchen or limited countertop space. Juicers that can produce a cup of fresh juice at a time can be better for smaller spaces, though using them may take longer than larger models.
You should choose the juicer that best fits your kitchen and your life. Consider how fast you need juice and how much you need at once before deciding how large your juicer should be.
Juicer Special Features
Now that you have the basic options down, it’s time to discuss special features. While you may not use all of the special features available with the best juicers in Canada, you should keep an eye on what each option includes. The following special features can help you decide which juicer is best for you.
Juicers are notoriously difficult to clean. Between the pulp and the extracting equipment, it can be difficult to get the entire machine perfectly clean. Thankfully, most juicers have addressed these issues by making most components dishwasher-safe. If you have a dishwasher, choose a juicer with parts that can be easily cleaned in the dishwasher.
Of course, not every part of the juicer can go in the dishwasher. The power base and some components need to be cleaned by hand. Your juicer may include cleaning brushes or other easy-clean surfaces or options to help make your juicer ready for your next juicing session.
All juicers are going to be on the louder side. However, some are quieter than others. Because of the way juicers work, most function with a loud mechanical sound. You can expect juicers to disturb other members of your household, especially if you are using them early in the morning.
However, some special models are a little quieter. Some slow juicers can be quieter than centrifugal options. If you need a quiet juicer, make sure to look at user reviews. Search for juicers that advertise a low decibel rating, too.
What accessories are included with your juicer? Some juicers may have sealable pitchers, recipe books, cleaning brushes, and more. A few premium options even have pulp filters, sieves, and more. You should look for a juicer that has accessories you’ll use, as well as additional options that you might consider once you get into juicing your produce.
If you see yourself expanding how you use your juicer in the future, consider purchasing a juicer from a well-known brand. Check to see if there are other attachments and accessories available separately. The option to expand your tools is extremely useful and cannot be overstated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Juicers are great for any Canadian household looking for a way to incorporate healthy fruits and vegetables into their diet. Those with children who are picky eaters may find that a juicer can be a good way to get their nutrients in a different way. Whether you are looking to have fresh juice at the table for breakfast or are hoping to create a power juice post-workout, juicers are an asset to the kitchen.
Most juicers in Canada come with some accessories, and they will vary depending on the model and brand of the juicer. Many juicers come with a recipe book, different chute options, and cleaning brushes. No matter what juicer you purchase, you will be able to start juicing as soon as you take it out of the box.
Juicers are ideal for those wanting to make juice blends, soup bases and more. Juicers extract the liquid from fruits and vegetables, leaving the pulp in a separate area to dispose of. Blenders, on the other hand, blend all parts of the produce together. Canadians who enjoy drinking juice will find a juicer emits a more nutrient-dense and flavorful drink than with a blender.
Using a juicer is a highly effective way of making juice, soup blends and sauces, but it can be a messy endeavour. It is essential to properly clean your juicer after each use to prevent clogging, debris build-up and stickiness. Use the provided cleaning brush that came with your juicer, or if necessary, purchase one, and thoroughly clean all parts of the juicer. The outside should be wiped down, the mesh areas should be scrubbed, and the chutes should be put in the dishwasher if possible.
Juicers can handle many kinds of fruits and vegetables, though some are designed to handle more types than others. Most juicers can handle all fruits, though thick skins and pits may need to be removed prior. Vegetables are easily juiced, but high-end models may be able to juice thicker and toucher vegetables easier. Some items like broccoli or avocado don’t do well in a juicer, as they have low water content and unique texture.
Like blenders, a juicer in Canada can be fairly noisy. Some juicers promote a lower decibel rating, and slower-speed juicers will be quieter than others. In general, though, you should expect that using a juicer will cause noise in the kitchen, similar to a blender or food processor. Canadians sensitive to noise may wish to wear earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones if they are bothered by the noise a juicer makes.
Like many kitchen small appliances, juicers can last for many years of regular use, assuming proper care and cleaning. Juicers can be incredibly messy after use, so cleaning them of all dirt, as well as ensuring all parts are dry before storage, will help it last longer. Some juicers come with a warranty, and users should make sure to follow all warranty instructions and keep all original receipts in case of issues.