Silk pillowcases are becoming increasingly popular in Canada as they offer unique features and benefits not found in other fabrics. Whether you are looking for a silk pillowcase with temperature control or a range of colours and sizes, there are many available on the Canadian market that can help you get a peaceful night’s sleep. Most silk pillowcases offer health benefits for your skin and hair while keeping you cool and relaxed. Some silk or satin pillowcases can be machine washed, which might be an important factor for some Canadians. Our team of pillowcase experts and testers spent hundreds of hours testing all of the best silk pillowcases that you can buy in Canada to help you choose the best one for you.
All the silk pillowcases on our list today were tested for durability, materials and features. Each tester on our team tried multiple pillowcases for an extended length of time in order to give a fair review. Only the very best silk pillowcases that we tested made it into our review today. Here are our picks for the best silk pillowcases in Canada for 2023.
The Best Silk Pillowcases for Canadians of 2023
- Best Overall: Silk & Snow Silk Pillowcase
- Best Eco-Conscious: Hush Silk Pillowcase
- Best 100% Silk: QE Home Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
- Best Colour Options: Bedsure Satin Pillowcase
- Best Blended Fabric: Simons Maison Silky Pillowcase
- Best for Co-Sleepers: MR&HM Satin Pillowcase
- Best for Budget-Conscious Canadians: LULUSILK Silk Pillowcase
Why Did We Choose These Silk Pillowcases in Canada?
Silk pillowcases have numerous benefits. These luxurious pillowcases can make the difference for you, especially if you prefer a cooler, softer feel. We looked at each pillowcase through hours of evaluation. We looked at the durability, materials, and cooling features of each option to make it easier for you to choose. Here’s why we chose each of the best silk pillowcases in Canada for 2023.
The Silk & Snow Silk Pillowcase is our top choice for the best overall silk pillowcase you can buy in Canada. This pillowcase is offered in multiple sizes and colours and helps keep you cool all night long. Your pillows will look great and feel great!
The Hush Silk Pillowcase is great for those seeking an eco-conscious option, as it is made entirely of sustainable materials. Those with allergies will like that it is hypoallergenic and repels dust while still staying soft and cool at night.
For those who want a luxurious 100% silk pillowcase, the QE Home Mulberry Silk Pillowcase is an option that can’t be beaten. This pillowcase offers terrific benefits for both skin and hair and helps sleepers stay cool throughout the night.
Those purchasers looking for specific colours when buying a silky pillowcase may find that many models are limited. We found that the Bedsure Satin Pillowcase is our favourite for having various colour options. No matter what you are looking for, there is sure to be a style that suits your decor.
Canadians looking for a silk and cotton blend will want to consider the Simons Maison Silky Pillowcase. This pillowcase offers all of the great benefits of silk, with cotton’s easy-to-care-for and cooler sleep.
Those who happen to be in a couple or co-sleep may want to choose the MR&HM Satin Pillowcase, as all of their pillowcases come in a 2-pack. For those who have multiple pillows on their bed, this is a cost-effective option for purchasing pillowcases for all of them.
For Canadians looking to save money on a silk pillowcase, the LULUSILK Silk Pillowcase is an excellent option. This pillowcase does a great job of cooling sleepers throughout the night and hydrating the skin. Without sacrificing quality or materials, this 100% silk pillow comes in multiple sizes and colours and is the lowest cost in our review today.
Silk & Snow Silk Pillowcase
It's Great For:
Topping our list today is the Silk & Snow Silk Pillowcase, which is our pick for the best all-around silk pillowcase available in Canada. This pillowcase is made of high-quality 100% silk and helps reduce and regulate temperatures through the night while smoothing skin and hair.
For Canadians seeking health and beauty benefits, the 100% mulberry silk will help by smoothing fine lines and reducing the redness of the skin. Overnight, the silk will also help hydrate and smooth frizzy and dry hair. For those with allergies, the silk is hypoallergenic and naturally repels dust.
The Silk & Snow Silk Pillowcase comes in two sizes and should fit most existing pillows without buying new ones. Each pillowcase is sold individually rather than in packages of two and is available in various soft, neutral colours made with toxic-free dye. This pillowcase complements your bedding; however, Silk & Snow makes a line of matching sheets and duvet covers for a seamless look if desired.
While most all silk pillowcases require delicate hand washing, the Silk & Snow Silk Pillowcase requires just a few hand washings before it can be machine washed. They recommend air drying this pillowcase for the longest possible lifespan.
- Cooling Properties. The Silk & Snow Pillowcase is made from 100% mulberry silk, which sleeps naturally cool, wicking away heat and moisture throughout the night.
- Health & Beauty Benefits. Silk is well-known for not leaving lines on your face as you sleep. It helps your hair retain moisture, leaving it soft and silky. Meanwhile, the lack of lines on your face helps battle fine lines and wrinkles.
- 100% Silk. This pillowcase is made of 100% silk, which provides a smooth and luxurious feel. It’s silky and luxurious, so you can feel well-restored throughout the night.
- Neutral Colours. Silk & Snow offers soft, neutral colours that match most bedroom decor. You are sure to find a colour option that works for your space.
Our Expert’s Take
“Our testers were happy with the colours and comfort of this pillowcase. The ability to machine wash it while being high-quality silk delighted our testers.”
Hush Silk Pillowcase
It's Great For:
Choosing a pillowcase made from environmentally friendly materials can be tricky, but we found an excellent option with the Hush Silk Pillowcase, our choice for the best eco-conscious silk pillowcase on our list today. This pillowcase is silky smooth, offers great benefits and is made from sustainable materials.
The Hush Silk Pillowcase is made from high-quality 100% mulberry silk that is made from silkworms that are sustainably sourced. Hush uses few pesticides and fertilizers on the mulberry trees used, and much less water than cotton. The pillowcase is made with no toxic materials and is completely biodegradable. Those with allergies will appreciate that all of the fabric is hypoallergenic and repels dust mites and mould.
You can expect beauty and health benefits by using 100% silk, like smoother skin with less redness, wrinkles and acne. Silk helps promote smoother hair that is more hydrated after sleeping on it. The silk is naturally cool, and those who sleep warm will find their temperature regulated and night sweats reduced.
The Hush Silk Pillowcase comes in four neutral colours, which work to complement most bedding. The pillowcase is available in a standard size, which could be limiting to those who have larger pillows. This pillowcase has the ability to be machine washed and dried, which is a hard perk to find with silk pillowcases.
- 100% Silk. This pillowcase is made with 100% mulberry silk, making it smooth and comfortable. It’s cool to the touch and features a ton of health and beauty benefits for most Canadians.
- Eco-Conscious. Made of sustainable materials, the Hush Pillowcase is environmentally friendly and great for those with allergies.
- Neutral Colours. Available in four neutral colours, this pillowcase will work with most existing bedding and decor. There is an option for most Canadian bedrooms.
- Easy Washing. Unlike some silk pillowcases, this can be machine washed and dried, which is perfect for Canadians who don’t want to take too much time cleaning.
Our Expert’s Take
“Both eco-conscious and allergy friendly, the fabric in this pillowcase still felt luxurious and soft. Our testers found that they did not sweat overnight, and their skin was extra smooth and soft.”
Best 100% Silk
QE Home Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
It's Great For:
For Canadians in 2023 who are looking for a luxurious pillowcase made of 100% silk, the QE Home Mulberry Silk Pillowcase is a perfect choice. This pillowcase offers all of the great benefits of silk, including temperature control, softness and beauty benefits. This pillowcase is a stand-out option for Canadians seeking a high-quality silk pillowcase.
Made of 100% mulberry silk, you can expect this pillowcase to help those who sleep warm stay cool throughout the night with its natural cooling fabric that wicks moisture and heat away from the body. For those who want their beauty sleep, the silk prevents fine lines and wrinkles and hydrates the skin. Those concerned about frizzy hair will find that the silk will smooth hair and prevent drying out.
The QE Home Mulberry Silk pillowcase comes in 9 total colours, and each option has an individual listing on the QE Home website. It comes in both queen and king sizing, which should accommodate most existing pillows. This pillowcase is only available as a single item, and 2-packs are not offered, so make sure you buy the correct number of pillowcases desired.
Since this Mulberry Silk pillowcase is 100% luxury silk, it is not recommended to be machine washed or dried. For the best long-term care of this pillowcase, it should be hand washed only and air dried.
- 100% Silk. Made from 100% mulberry silk, this pillowcase will keep hair and skin smooth, as well as ensure a comfortable and cool night’s sleep.
- Multiple Colours. With nine total colour options, there is sure to be a colour that will complement your current bedding.
- Delicate Care. By carefully hand-washing this pillowcase, you can ensure a longer and more durable lifespan compared to pillowcases that are machine washed.
- Variety of Sizes. This pillowcase comes in both queen and king sizes, which are the most common pillow sizes you can purchase.
Our Expert’s Take
“This pillowcase was popular with our testers who were seeking the highest quality silk for their skin and hair care. Our testers found this pillowcase to sleep extremely cool and comfortable, even those who ran warm naturally.”
Best Colour Options
Bedsure Satin Pillowcase 2-Pack
It's Great For:
For Canadians looking for the biggest colour selection, the Bedsure Satin Pillowcase is a fantastic choice and our favourite for the best colour options in our list today. This pillowcase has a total of 39 colours, which means there will definitely be a pillowcase to match your bedding or room decor.
The Bedsure Satin Pillowcase is made of 100% polyester satin, which mimics the feel of silk. The fabric helps those who sleep moderately warm to stay cool at night, but those who sleep hot may want to choose a pillowcase that is 100% silk. The Bedsure pillowcase is smooth and soft and helps skin stay soft and clean. Those with frizzy or dry hair will enjoy that hydrated and smooth hair in the morning.
The Bedsure Satin Pillowcase is available in multiple sizes, ensuring no matter what size your existing pillow is, one of the Bedsure pillowcases will fit. The colour options are extensive and range from solid neutrals to vivid bright hues.
While this pillowcase is not made from pure silk, the polyester satin is incredibly durable and will last much longer than many other pillowcases on the Canadian market. This pillowcase is incredibly easy to care for and can be machine washed and dried.
- Multiple Sizes. The Bedsure Satin Pillowcase comes in a variety of sizes, which is great for Canadians who don’t want to buy new pillows to fit the pillowcase.
- Extensive Colours. With 39 total options, there is sure to be a colour that will match any existing bedding. You can choose the option that works best with your bedroom decor, or add a splash of colour to draw the eye.
- Easy Washing. This pillowcase can be both machine washed and dried, which is a great benefit for those who like to regularly clean their bedding.
- Great for Co-Sleepers. The Bedsure Satin Pillowcase is available in a low-cost 2-pack. You and your partner can have matching pillowcases, or you can outfit both of your pillows in beautiful silk.
Our Expert’s Take
“Our testers loved the large range of colours available and woke up with smooth and hydrated hair and skin. This option was extremely cool and comfortable for most Canadians.”
Best Silk Blend
Simons Maison Silky Pillowcase
It's Great For:
For those looking for a pillowcase that offers the benefits of a silk pillowcase, as well as the comforts and care of cotton, the Simons Maison Silky Pillowcase is for you. Made of 70% cotton and 30% mulberry silk, the Simons Maison Pillowcase is our top pick for the best pillowcase made of blended fabric.
The mulberry silk in this pillowcase helps by smoothing hair and reducing frizziness, making morning hair styling a breeze. The hydration benefits of the silk prevent marks and redness of the skin while sleeping, and those with acne concerns will find that breakouts will happen less often.
The cotton in the Simons Maison Pillowcase allows maximum breathability and great temperature control. This pillowcase will stay cool all year round, perfect for Canadians who sleep hot or live in warmer climates.
The Simons Maison Silky Pillowcase comes in a few neutral colours, complementing most existing bedding. This pillowcase is available in queen size only, which may be a consideration for some Canadians; however, this unique pillowcase may be worth purchasing even if you need new pillows. Because of the blended fabric material, the Simons Pillowcase can be fully machine washed and dried, which is great for those who want easy care.
- Cotton & Silk Blend. Made of a cotton and silk blend, the silk in the pillowcase benefits the hair and skin, while the cotton is cooler and easy to care for.
- Cooling Features. Breathable and silky, the Simons Maison will keep sleepers cool all night, even for those who sleep warm.
- Easy to Wash. Unlike pillowcases made entirely of silk, this blended pillowcase can be machine washed and dried. The blended fabric makes it easier to care for the pillowcase.
- Neutral Colours. While this pillowcase is offered in just four neutral colours, they are very subtle and calming and will complement nearly all existing bedding or bedroom decor.
Our Expert’s Take
“Our testers loved the blended fabric of this pillowcase and found it was silky smooth, and they woke up comfortable. Our testers appreciated the easy washing instructions and ability to machine wash this pillowcase.”
Best for Couples
MR&HM Satin Pillowcase 2-Pack
It's Great For:
Canadians looking to find a pillowcase that comes in packs for multiple pillows will like the MR&HM Satin Pillowcase, which is our favourite pillowcase for couples or co-sleepers. This pillowcase comes in a variety of sizes, and all come in a 2-pack, except the body pillow, which is sold as a single. These 2-packs are great for couples, each wanting a silk pillowcase.
Made from 100% Polyester Satin, this pillowcase is not true silk. It does have some smoothing qualities, though, helping your hair and skin stay smooth night after night. Satin does sleep warmer than silk, so extra hot sleepers may want to pick a silk or silk blend pillowcase instead of this one.
The MR&HM Pillowcase comes in 27 colour options and varies from simple neutrals to fun and bright options. Besides solid colours, this pillowcase even comes in some floral patterns and animal prints, unique for silky pillowcases. These affordable pillowcases are great to mix and match, and for those who co-sleep, you can buy a different set for each of you.
Although some may hesitate to purchase a polyester satin pillowcase, there are some strong benefits to doing so. Unlike silk pillowcases, this pillowcase can be machine washed and dried, which is perfect for those concerned about hair or skin products getting on it. With its great affordability, you can even purchase multiple pillowcases to easily rotate them when dirty. This polyester satin pillowcase is incredibly durable and won’t fray or break down as quickly as 100% silk.
- 100% Polyester. Made of 100% Polyester Satin, this pillowcase is durable and meant to last longer than some other silk pillowcases.
- Extensive Colours. With 27 colour options, including some bright prints and patterns, this pillowcase will match all existing bedding and decor.
- Affordability. As one of the most affordable pillowcases on our list today and sold in 2-packs, you can buy multiple sets for easy rotation. You can even purchase pillowcases in different colours to complement your bedding.
- Machine Washable. Unlike 100% silk pillowcases, this satin pillowcase can be machine washed and dried, perfect for Canadians who don’t want to take too much time to clean.
Our Expert’s Take
“Our testers loved the many colour options of this satin pillowcase and found it easy to pick a style that matched their bedroom. They enjoyed the various sizes available and the comfort when sleeping.”
LuluSilk Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
It's Great For:
With multiple colour options and sizes, the LULUSILK Silk Pillowcase is our choice for the best silk pillowcase in our review for those on a budget. This pillowcase comes in multiple options, so no matter what you are looking for in a silk pillowcase, you will find it with the LULUSILK. As the most affordable option we are comparing today, you can buy these pillowcases in three different sizes as well as either a single pillowcase or in a 2-pack, which is great for co-sleepers.
This pillowcase is made from 100% Mulberry Silk, which is breathable and cool. Unlike synthetic satins, this pillow is a natural temperature regulator that keeps you cool in the summer and warmer in the winter. This is a great choice for those who sleep warm.
Unlike cotton pillowcases that draw out moisture, the LULUSILK Silk Pillowcase helps fight breakouts, keeping your skin clean and clear. Canadians concerned about wrinkles will appreciate the moisture retention properties, which help keep your skin hydrated and works to prevent wrinkles long term. The mulberry silk in this pillowcase helps keep hair smooth and frizz-free overnight.
Those looking to match their silk pillowcase to their existing bedding colours will find that the LULUSILK Silk Pillowcase has many options. It comes in simple colours like white, grey and black, as well as a rainbow of 16 other options to choose from. No matter the decor in your bedroom, you can find a pillowcase that matches. Buying this pillowcase in a 2-pack potion will save you even more money than a solo pillowcase, though both are incredibly affordable.
To care for the LULUSILK Pillowcase, just toss it in the washing machine on gentle or hand wash and then air dry. This is particularly great for those who sleep with creams or lotions or products in their hair that may transfer onto their pillowcase at night.
- 100% Silk. Made of 100% Mulberry Silk, this pillowcase is free of synthetic materials and is hypoallergenic, breathable and soft.
- Size Variety. Available in Standard, Queen and King, you can also purchase these in 2 packs if you desire more than a single pillowcase.
- Many Colour Options. The LULUSILK Silk Pillowcase is available in 19 colours, ensuring an option matching all existing bedding.
- Budget-Friendly. This is the most affordable pillowcase in our review today, and it becomes even less expensive if you buy it in a 2-pack. For those looking to cover multiple pillows, the LULUSILK is an excellent pick.
Our Expert’s Take
“Our testers loved how refreshed they felt in the morning after sleeping on this pillowcase. The fact that it is budget-friendly allowed our testers to buy multiple colours.”
Comparing the Best Silk Pillowcases in Canada
|Silk Pillowcase||Best||Fabric||Colours||Enclosure||Care Instructions|
|Silk & Snow Silk Pillowcase||Overall||100% Mulberry Silk||White, Black, Grey, Indigo and 3 Shades of Pink||Envelope Enclosure||Hand wash at first, then can be machine washed. Air dry.|
|Hush Silk Pillowcase||Eco-Conscious||100% Mulberry Silk||Charcoal, Beige, Ivory, Pink||Zipper Enclosure||Machine wash, air or tumble dry low|
|QE Home Mulberry Silk Pillowcase||100% Silk||100% Mulberry Silk||Lavender, Pewter, White, and 6 Other Colours||Side Opening Enclosure||Hand wash and air dry only|
|Bedsure Satin Pillowcase 2-Pack||Colour Options||100% Polyester Satin||White, Black, Grey, and 36 Additional Colours||Envelope Enclosure||Easy washing|
|Simons Maison Silky Pillowcase||Silk Blend||70% Cotton, 30% Mulberry Silk||Ivory, Grey, Copper, Pink||Envelope Enclosure||Machine wash, tumble dry low|
|MR&HM Satin Pillowcase 2-Pack||For Couples||100% Mulberry Silk||Charcoal, Beige, Ivory, Pink||Zipper Enclosure||Machine wash, air or tumble dry low|
|LuluSilk Mulberry Silk Pillowcase||Affordable||100% Mulberry Silk||White, Grey, Black and 16 other colours||Zipper Enclosure||Machine wash, air dry|
How Did We Test These Silk Pillowcases in Canada?
We’ve spent years in the sleep industry, tracking sleep trends and testing new products, mattresses, and more. All of our experience can be passed on to you! Each of the products that we recommend is thoroughly and extensively tested. We perform quality tests in our test labs, and then our team of wonderful testers tries the products for between 30 and 60 nights on average. We recommend products based on both our test lab results and our tester feedback.
When evaluating, we tested the following performance areas:
- Silk Content. The silk content of each pillow was extremely important to us. While most of the pillowcases we looked at were 100% mulberry silk, we did consider blends that still performed well. Still, we examined the composition of each pillowcase closely.
- Momme Weight. Momme weight is a rating that determines how much silk is in your pillowcase. A higher momme weight means a higher-quality, more durable, and softer pillow overall. We looked at pillows with a variety of momme weights, with the highest options as our priority.
- Care Instructions. How should you care for the pillowcases? We specifically looked at pillowcases that had simple care instructions that were easy for most users. However, we didn’t completely disregard pillowcases with a higher maintenance care schedule.
- Breathability and Comfort. When it comes to pillowcases, breathability and comfort are some of the most important features you should look for. We looked at how breathable, cool, and comfortable each pillow was to ensure you were getting only the best.
Why Buy a Silk Pillowcase?
A silk pillowcase might seem like an unnecessary luxury, but that isn’t the case. There are a ton of benefits associated with using a silk pillowcase, from beauty to skincare and even temperature control. Using a silk pillowcase used to be the best-kept beauty secret in the world! If you’re interested in a silk pillowcase, consider these benefits.
Silk pillowcases can help in the following ways:
- May Reduce Wrinkles. Because of the smooth, low-friction surface, a silk pillowcase can reduce ‘crush wrinkles’ on your face. While this can help you get ready faster in the morning, it also minimizes wrinkles from these marks over time. In the long run, sleeping on a silk pillowcase can help reduce wrinkles.
- Can Prevent Frizzy Hair. Silk pillowcases can be great for those with textured hair or curly hair. The smooth texture doesn’t grab at your hair as you turn over or move around, so your hair will look much better in the morning! It’s also great for limiting tangles.
- Keeps Skin and Hair Hydrated. Silk doesn’t absorb as much moisture as cotton, which can help keep your skin and hair hydrated better than your standard pillowcase.
- Regulates Temperature Well. Silk reduces temperature well, too. It wicks away moisture instead of absorbing it, meaning you stay cooler throughout the night. If you are tired of waking up sweaty and uncomfortable (which isn’t great for your skin), a silk pillowcase may be able to help.
- Hypoallergenic. Silk fibres are naturally hypoallergenic, and can repel common allergens like dust and mites. If you often suffer from allergies because of your bedding, a silk pillowcase can help you feel a little more comfortable.
Silk pillowcases feel great, but there are a variety of other reasons to get one. Remember these benefits as you shop for your silk pillowcase!
How to Choose a Silk Pillowcase in Canada
Now that you know you want to try a silk pillowcase, which one should you choose? As we mentioned above, every silk pillowcase is different and may offer different material blends and features. Consider the following features and options before you decide which silk pillowcase to purchase.
Silk pillowcases can be made of a variety of different blends. While most of the pillowcases on our list are made from 100% silk, there are blends available. For the most part, silk blends will probably be fine for you. However, if you are looking to take advantage of all of silk’s great properties, it’s better to avoid silk blends.
Common silk blends include cotton or polyester. These materials can reduce silk’s luxurious feeling and reduce the moisture-wicking properties of natural silk. However, cotton can create a surprisingly breathable surface, as it readily compliments silk’s temperature-regulating properties.
If you’re looking for a silk blend, carefully weigh your options. While you may be concerned about the lower silk content, it can be beneficial in certain situations.
Type of Silk
What type of silk is used for silk pillowcases? While many different kinds of silk could be used, silk pillowcases are usually made of mulberry silk.
Mulberry silk is made from special cocoons produced by silk moths that are fed exclusively on mulberry leaves. This special diet ensures that the fibres are longer and pure white. They are also more durable, making the mulberry silk products ideal for extended use.
Mulberry silk produces a more refined, uniform material. It’s buttery soft and pure white before it is dyed (if it is). Mulberry silk has antibacterial and hypoallergenic properties, which means it’s great for those with sensitive skin and allergies. It doesn’t have a scent associated with it, either!
Because mulberry silk is the premium option for silk bedding (and especially silk pillowcases), it can often be more expensive than other options. Beware budget options that seem too good to be true, as you may secretly be purchasing a blend.
Your pillowcase may be a different type of silk, too. There are many different blends and types of silk pillowcases, so don’t be afraid to purchase a pillowcase that isn’t made of mulberry silk.
For many first-time silk shoppers, ‘momme’ is a confusing term. This weight measurement essentially refers to how much your silk weighs. How does that apply to you, though?
Momme is a little like thread count. A higher thread count can mean a softer, high-quality cotton sheet. A higher momme weight rating means that silk is a higher-quality option. Each increase to the momme rating increases the amount of silk per square inch available for those sheets.
For instance, a pillowcase with a 22-momme rating can be extremely durable, much more so than lower weights. It might last twice as long as budget silk with a lower momme rating. If you want a good, high-quality momme, consider choosing a pillowcase with at least 17 momme. A weight of about 25 momme is the height of luxury, so anything between these options is great.
Remember that higher momme silks may be more expensive, but they are expected to last longer with constant use, too!
What sizes are the pillowcases available in? If you didn’t know, different bed sizes use differently-sized pillows. Queen mattresses use Queen-sized pillows, King mattresses use King-sized pillows, and all other sizes use standard pillows. This means that you might need special pillowcases for your special pillows.
These three sizes are:
- Standard: 20” x 26” (51cm x 66cm)
- Queen: 20” x 30” (51cm x 76cm)
- King: 20” x 36” (51cm x 92cm)
Most silk pillowcases are available in at least Queen size. Many more are available in Queen and King, with a select few available in standard sizes. Make sure to check how many pillowcases come in your order – if you have more than one pillow, you’ll need to purchase additional pillowcases.
Mulberry silk is pure white, but it can be dyed into other luxurious, rich colours. The number of colour options available varies, but pillowcases are a great way to add a splash of colour to your bedroom. Choose an option that matches the rest of your bedding, or change it up!
While some pillowcases only showcase a few different colours, some unique options include wine reds, sage greens, and peacock blues. Consider which works best for your room, especially if you don’t want to go with the standard white option.
The last thing you want to experience while you sleep is a zipper digging into your face. Silk pillowcases are soft and smooth, so when you can feel a zipper, you can feel it! To avoid the hard zipper feeling, choose a pillowcase that has an envelope zipper. You’ll also want an extremely durable one.
Hidden zippers are a great option, too. While they can be a bit more uncomfortable depending on how you sleep, they are less likely to allow your pillow to move around while you rest.
The type of zipper that is available with your pillowcase might not seem like an important consideration. However, the quality and type of zipper you choose can affect how comfortable your silk pillowcase is. It can also make care and washing much easier, so pay close attention to the zipper.
Because silk is a luxury material, silk pillowcases might need a bit more care. While silk blends can often be thrown into the wash with the rest of your laundry, pure silk pillowcases often need dry cleaning, hand washing, and air drying.
Most pillowcases come with care instructions. It’s important to follow these care instructions to get the most out of your silk pillowcase. If you fail to follow these instructions, your pillowcases may be damaged.
Failing to follow the care instructions carefully can also void your warranty, which is important if something happens to your pillowcase later during the warranty period. Make sure to choose a pillowcase that you are prepared to care for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Silk pillowcases made with 100% mulberry silk are the best at keeping you cool at night. Small perforations int he fibres allow for maximum airflow and breathability, making it easy to wick away head and moisture. There are some pillowcases on our list that are made with polyester, and these options aren’t as breathable and pure mulberry silk pillowcases.
Each silk pillowcase in our review today has its own individual washing instructions. Some of the 100% silk pillowcases can be machine washed, but many need to be hand washed and air dried. The blended fabrics and satin pillowcases we have featured can all be machine washed and dried, making for easier care.
Yes, 100% mulberry silk is naturally hypoallergenic. The silk contains a protein called sericin, which is a repellent of dust, oils and dirt. This means less bacteria build-up, which is helpful for those with sensitive skin. If you have seasonal allergies or sensitive skin, a mulberry silk pillowcase can help you stay comfortable throughout the night.
To care for your pillowcase, you will have to check the manufacturer’s instructions. Depending on the silk type and blend, you may need to dry clean the pillowcase, wash it by hand, or line dry it. Make sure to follow the instructions included with your silk pillowcase to avoid damaging the silk.
Silk doesn’t absorb moisture like other materials, so pure silk pillowcases are great for maintaining the natural moisture in your hair and skin. If you have a skincare routine where you use serums or moisturizers, your silk pillowcase won’t absorb them. You’ll have less skin and hair damage when using a silk pillowcase because moisture stays right where it needs to be.