Toaster ovens were often overlooked as kitchen necessities, but with advanced technology and air fryers coming into the market, they are gaining in popularity. Whether you are looking to cook a meal from scratch, reheat leftovers or just want to make toast, a toaster oven is your answer. These small appliances take up very little counter space and use far less energy than a conventional oven, making them a smart and practical choice.
With so many different toaster ovens on the market, all with unique features and varying price points, it can be hard to know which ones are worth purchasing. Our research team compared many different toaster ovens, comparing features like power, food capacity, size and cooking functions to professionally evaluate and analyze all the best options. In the end, we came up with a solid list of recommendations for the best toaster ovens in Canada for 2023.
Best Toaster Ovens in Canada: Expert Picks for 2023
- Best Overall: Cuisinart TOA-60C Air Fryer Convection Oven
- Best Small Toaster Oven: Breville BOV240XL Mini Smart Oven
- Best Toaster Oven With Convection: Toshiba AC25CEW-SSC Digital Toaster Oven
- Best All-in-One: Kalorik MAXX Digital Air Fryer Oven
- Best Slim Design: Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven
- Best Oven With a Rotisserie and Dehydrator: COSORI Air Fryer Oven
- Best Large Toaster Oven: Breville Smart Oven
- Best Value Toaster Oven: Hamilton Beach 31340C Toaster Oven
Why Did We Choose These Toaster Ovens in Canada?
Every toaster oven on the list was picked for a reason. Regardless of which product you choose, you can be 100% sure it’s made of top-quality materials that won’t succumb to damage easily.
Furthermore, every oven offers a unique set of features that make it stand out from the rest. This ensures everyone can find a toaster oven that suits their needs perfectly. On this list, you’ll find smaller ovens, budget ovens, ovens for toasting, express toaster ovens, etc. All toaster ovens have temperature consistency and accuracy, so there’s no risk of overcooking or undercooking your meals.
The Cuisinart TOA-60C Air Fryer Convection Oven is our choice for the best toaster oven that you can buy in Canada. With a quiet cooking function, you can enjoy the appliance’s numerous benefits without having to put up with noise. With super quick cooking and the newest air fryer technology, you can be sure your food will come out cooked exactly how you like.
Those with limited space or who live alone should check out the Breville BOV240XL Mini Smart Oven. With a compact profile, it won’t take up valuable counter space, and its .45 cubic ft capacity is perfect for small meals. It also comes with eight cooking functions and four independent heating elements, ensuring evenly cooked food every time.
The best toaster oven with convection is the Toshiba AC25CEW-SSC Digital Toaster Oven. Thanks to the high-quality convection fan, this oven can make perfectly-cooked rotisserie chicken, cookies, pizza, or other types of food. Its large capacity and ease of use make the oven an ideal choice for large families or those who aren’t tech-savvy.
Those looking for a toaster oven that can do it all will love the Kalorik MAXX Digital Air Fryer Oven. This large 10 in 1 appliance combines a toaster oven with an air fryer, and has 21 different preset cooking functions. Heating up to 500 degrees, this air fryer is great for those who want to prepare entire meals for their family.
The Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven is our pick for the best slim design toaster oven in Canada. Although it has a smaller capacity compared to other ovens on the list, the product’s features set it apart from the rest. The unique flip functionality helps Canadians save space, while the eight preset functions ensure the quick preparation of healthy meals.
Those interested in the best oven with a rotisserie and dehydrator should check out the COSORI Air Fryer Oven, one of the best toaster ovens in Canada. Thanks to the high-quality construction, this oven delivers impressive results and allows you to prepare food quickly and easily. It features 12 pre-sets and comes with six accessories.
If you want an appliance that lets you prepare meals for 10 people or more, the Breville Smart Oven is one of the best toaster ovens in Canada. This oven has a 29.9-quart capacity and 13 preset cooking functions that enable you to prepare large amounts of food without difficulty. It’s made of excellent materials and features smart technology that guarantees even heat distribution.
The Hamilton Beach 31340C Toaster Oven is the way to go if you’re looking for a more affordable option. This appliance features dial convection, three functions, and several convenient options, like the 30-minute timer and auto shut-off.
Cuisinart TOA-60C Air Fryer Convection Oven
It's Great For:
The Cuisinart TOA-60C Air Fryer Convection Oven combines quality, durability, and functionality, which is why it’s our choice for the best toaster ovens in Canada. The oven has seven presets, including air fry, convection bake, convection broil, bake, broil, warm, and toast. Whatever you want to prepare, you can be sure this toaster oven will provide excellent results. The convection fan guarantees impeccable hot air circulation and even cooking. If you’re trying to cut back on oil in your diet, this oven can be a great ally because it allows you to air fry your food.
One of the best things about this air fryer convection oven is its smooth and quiet operation. Thanks to the extra-large fan, it provides the perfect combination of maximum airflow and minimal noise.
The 17.9-quart capacity allows you to prepare up to three pounds of food, toast up to six slices of bread, or bake a four-pound chicken or a 12-inch pizza. It’s hard to say what’s more impressive about this oven – its functionality or design. The Cuisinart TOA-60C Air Fryer Convection Oven is made of stainless steel, a material known for its strength and durability. As a result, you’ll be able to use the oven for years without worrying about dents, starches, or other damage.
Unlike many other toaster ovens in Canada, this one doesn’t feature an LCD display. While some may think this is a drawback, it can actually be an advantage, especially for those who prefer simple, easy-to-use appliances. This oven features four knobs that let you set a timer, control the temperature, adjust the function, and turn on the light. The appliance offers numerous convenient features, including a 60-minute timer, auto shut-off, and toast shade control.
The Cuisinart TOA-60C Air Fryer Convection Oven comes with an oven rack, an air frying basket, and a baking pan. It features a non-stick, easy-to-clean interior.
- Extra Large Fan. This Cuisinart Air Fryer Convection Oven has a built-in extra-large fan that guarantees quiet operation.
- Seven Preset Functions. With seven different preset cooking functions, you won’t need to worry about trying to figure out how long to cook a perfectly prepared meal.
- Knob Controls. Replacing an LCD screen, the four control knobs provide excellent visual control over cooking your food.
- Auto Shut-Off. Those worried about forgetting their food in the oven can have peace of mind with the auto shut-off button, which stops cooking when the timer goes off.
Our Expert’s Take
“The super quiet operation, multiple preset cooking functions and an incredibly safe auto shut-off feature make this our favourite toaster oven in Canada.”
Best Small Toaster Oven
Breville BOV240XL Mini Smart Oven
It's Great For:
Many toaster ovens are bulky, taking up valuable counter space in your kitchen. Those looking for a smaller toaster oven that can easily prepare food for one or two people will love the Breville BOV240XL Mini Smart Oven. Don’t let its tiny size fool you, though, as this compact toaster oven is surprisingly powerful.
This toaster oven has eight different preset cooking functions, including Toast, Bagel, Bake, Broil, Pizza, Roast, Cookies and Reheat. The temperature can range from 120 to 450 degrees, which is better than the average small toaster oven. There are three rack positions for the rack, allowing for a more customizable cooking experience. Manual cooking is also possible with a timer function, multiple darkness levels and quick thaw buttons.
The Breville Mini Smart Oven uses a unique Element iQ System, which uses four independent quartz elements and hi-tech algorithms to direct the power where it is needed, ensuring even cooking each time. The display of the toaster oven combines an LCD screen that displays the timer, as well as knobs and buttons for preset functions. For peace of mind and maximum safety, there is an auto shut-off option as well, preventing burning and overcooking.
The interior of this toaster oven measures 40 x 35 x 25 cm and can easily fit four slices of toast, bagels, cookies, tuna melts, a 6-cup muffin tray and 11-inch pizzas. Those looking to prepare smaller meals or a quick on-the-go snack will find that this oven does an excellent job.
- LCD Screen. This backlit LCD screen displays the timer and manual darkness levels and is great if you need to see it in a dimly lit kitchen.
- Element iQ System. Unique to Breville, this system combines four different cooking elements and smart algorithms to precisely direct power and heat where it is needed.
- Preset Functions. The Breville BOV240XL Mini Smart Oven has eight different preset cooking functions, more than the average toaster oven.
- Multiple Rack Positions. With three different rack positions, you can more evenly cook your meals.
Our Expert’s Take
“This toaster oven is perfect for Canadians wanting a compact toaster oven that can quickly cook small meals for one or two people.”
Best Toaster Oven with Convection
Toshiba AC25CEW-SSC Digital Toaster Oven
It's Great For:
The Toshiba AC25CEW-SSC Digital Toaster Oven is the perfect appliance for anyone who wants to prepare meals for up to 10 people. One of the biggest advantages of this digital toaster oven is its 26.4-quart capacity. The oven can fit up to six slices of bread, a 12-inch pizza, or up to four pounds of chicken.
This toaster oven is our pick for the best toaster oven with convection. The built-in convection fan guarantees faster and even cooking without drying out the food. Thanks to the convection function, you can prepare perfectly-cooked chicken with a crispy exterior, create delicious appetizers, or transform frozen pizzas.
The Toshiba AC25CEW-SSC Digital Toaster Oven offers 10 functions in total. Besides convection, you can use nine preset menus, including bake, pizza, broil, toast, reheat, defrost, rotisserie, cookies, and keep warm. While the digital display and the three knobs may seem intimidating to those who aren’t tech-savvy, using this appliance is relatively easy. The knobs allow you to adjust the function, temperature, and time, while the digital display lets you track current settings. The temperature can be set from 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
This toaster oven comes with six accessories that make cooking and cleaning much easier, including a removable crumb tray, rotisserie kit and lifter, baking pan, baking rack, and a rack clamp. Since the oven has a three-rack position, you can adjust it as you please to cook food of any size.
- Convection Option. This Toshiba oven has a unique convection function, guaranteeing evenly distributed hot air for precise cooking results.
- Multiple Preset Functions. More than many other toaster ovens in Canada, this oven has a total of nine preset cooking functions.
- Extra Large Capacity. Perfect for cooking for larger groups and parties, this extra-large capacity can prepare meals for up to ten people.
- Included Accessories. This toaster oven comes with six accessories, helping to make cooking and cleaning of the appliance much easier.
Our Expert’s Take
“Those looking for a great combo design that includes traditional toaster oven cooking with a convection oven option will love this large toaster oven, perfect for cooking for larger groups.”
Kalorik MAXX Digital Air Fryer Oven
It's Great For:
The Kalorik MAXX Digital Air Fryer Oven is a wonderful option and our pick for the best all-in-one toaster oven in Canada. With more features than any other toaster oven on our list today, this oven eliminates the need for multiple small kitchen appliances in your home. While it is a much larger toaster oven than others, we think the benefits and capabilities are worth taking up extra counter space.
The oven has a 26-quart capacity and can accommodate a 14-pound turkey, 12-inch pizza, or up to 9 slices of toast at once. Canadians wanting to cook for larger groups or a party will find that this toaster oven can handle large cooking needs with ease. This all-in-one toaster oven boasts the functionality of 10 different appliances, including an air fryer, toaster, grill, oven, broiler, rotisserie, dehydrator, roaster, pizza oven and warmer.
The Kalorik MAXX Digital Air Fryer comes with an astounding 21 preset cooking functions, ensuring perfectly even and lightning-fast cooking every time you use it. To help better your meal prep and cleanup, this toaster oven and air fryer combo also includes nine accessories, including an air frying basket, baking tray, air rack, crumb tray, bacon tray, steak tray, rotisserie spit & forks, rack handle and rotisserie handle.
- Included Accessories. With nine different included accessories, you can be sure that you won’t need to buy any other tools in order to get the maximum benefit from this Kalorik appliance.
- Extensive Preset Options. This toaster oven and air fryer combo has an incredible 21 different preset cooking functions, eliminating the guesswork of how long and at what temperature to cook your meals.
- All-in-One Design. This impressive Kalorik MAXX Digital Air Fryer has the capabilities of 10 different kitchen appliances and will help declutter your kitchen.
- Extra Fast Cooking. Boasting faster cooking speeds than most toaster ovens on the market, you can cook more meals quickly, and it is perfect for Canadians wanting to host parties or gatherings.
Our Expert’s Take
“Canadians looking for something that can do it all will love this toaster oven, which has the capabilities of ten different kitchen appliances and will save you time, money and kitchen space.”
Best Slim Design
Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven
It's Great For:
The Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven is our top pick for the best slim toaster oven in Canada. This is not your traditional compact toaster oven, and it still has great cooking capacity with a unique low profile that fits great underneath cabinets. Let’s start with the design: the oven is made of top-quality stainless steel that guarantees durability. You can use the oven for years, and it won’t rust or corrode. The wire rack that comes with the oven is chrome-plated for additional protection and resistance. The package includes a non-stick sheet pan, an air fry basket, and a removable crumb tray. This air fry oven features a three-quart capacity, which may not be much, but it’s more than enough for two people.
One of the best things about the Ninja Food 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven is its flip functionality. When you’re not using the oven, you can store it against your kitchen backsplash. Thanks to this feature, you can save up to 50% of space, making the appliance perfect for small kitchens. Moreover, the flip functionality makes cleaning the appliance much easier.
Another reason this air fry oven deserved the top spot on our list is its versatility. As the name suggests, the Ninja Food 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven has eight functions: air fry, air roast, air broil, bake, toast, bagel, dehydrate, and keep warm. Due to these presets, you can prepare a wide range of meals quickly and easily. You can even use the toast darkness selector to make your toast and bagels just the way you like them. If you use the air roast function, you’ll be happy to know you can cook your meals up to 60% faster than with a traditional oven. With a 60-second preheat, you can prepare a meal in as little as 20 minutes.
Thanks to precision-controlled temperature and evenly-distributed airflow, you’ll enjoy a reliable and consistent cooking performance, regardless of what you’re preparing. From fruit chips and bagels to roasted veggies and French fries, this air fry oven lets you prepare anything you want.
- Slim Design. Canadians will love the unique flip-open door and low-to-the-counter profile of the toaster oven, which can fit easily underneath cabinets without taking up valuable counter space.
- Multiple Preset Functions. There are eight different cooking presets with this Ninja Toaster Oven, taking the guesswork out of how long and at what temperature to cook your meals.
- High Power Operation. While this slim toaster oven looks unassuming, it operates at 1750 watts and can cook full meals in just 20 minutes.
- Quality Materials. Made of top-of-the-line stainless steel that won’t rust or corrode, you can have peace of mind that this toaster oven will last for years to come.
Our Expert’s Take
“This compact design and unique flip door allow you to store a high-powered toaster oven without taking up counter space; we love the various cooking presets and quick cook time.”
Best Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator
COSORI Air Fryer Oven
It's Great For:
There are various reasons why the COSORI Air Fryer Oven deserves a spot on this list of the best toaster ovens in Canada. First of all, the oven has a 32-quart capacity. In other words, the oven can fit a 13-inch pizza, six slices of toast, or an entire chicken.
The oven features a whopping 12 presets, including pizza, air fry, roast, rotisserie, dehydrate, keep warm, ferment, bake, toast, cookies, bagel, and broil. The temperature can be set from 90 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing you to prepare any type of food. This oven has a two-speed convection fan that circulates the air quickly and guarantees even cooking results.
In terms of design, the COSORI Air Fryer Oven is made of sleek brushed stainless steel. This material is durable, so you can have peace of mind knowing the oven will last for years. Moreover, thanks to the material, it has a visually-appealing exterior that blends into most kitchen décors. The large, easy-to-read LED display and simple controls make the oven suitable for everyone.
You’ll get six free accessories with this appliance, including a rotisserie fork set, a rotisserie handle, a wire racket, a fry basket, a food tray, and a crumb tray. Plus, you receive a recipe book with 100 recipes.
- Preset Cooking Functions. With 12 different preset cooking functions, most Canadians will be able to cook their meals with a simple touch of a button, including cooking a rotisserie or dehydrating food.
- LED Display. Timers and controls are easy to navigate and see with this bright, backlit LED display.
- Included Accessories. Included with the COSORI Air Fryer Oven are six accessories and a cookbook designed to help you cook more meals without additional purchases.
- Stainless Steel Design. Sleek and modern, this stainless steel air fryer oven not only looks great but is rust and corrosion-resistant.
Our Expert’s Take
“This toaster oven is great for any Canadian looking to do more with their meals, like cooking a Rotisserie or even dehydrating fruits and meat.”
Best Large Toaster Oven
Breville Smart Oven
It's Great For:
If you’re looking for top-quality, versatility, and impressive capacity, the Breville Smart Oven is an ideal choice. Let’s start with the feature that makes this appliance one of the best toaster ovens in Canada, capacity. The Breville Smart Oven features a 29.9-quart capacity. Specifically, the oven can fit up to nine slices of bread, a 14-pound turkey, most 9 x 13-inch pans, and a 12-cup muffin tray. Plenty of space to prepare meals for more than 10 people.
The Breville Smart Oven has 13 functions that allow you to cook different types of food to perfection. You can toast, broil, bagel, roast, bake, pizza, warm, air fry, proof, cookies, reheat, slow cook, and dehydrate. Thanks to these functions, you’ll get evenly cooked and delicious food with only a few clicks.
This oven has a built-in two-speed convection fan that provides superior cooking control, even heat distribution, and exceptional hot air circulation. Thanks to this specification, you’ll be able to prepare your meals much faster than with standard, less powerful ovens.
The smart oven features the Element IQ System with six independent quartz heating elements and smart algorithms that identify where the power needs to go. Therefore, you can be confident there will be no cold spots. The oven also features an interior light that turns on automatically once the cooking process nears the end. That way, you can see the progress and adjust the settings if necessary. Of course, you can always turn on the light manually.
The oven features a large, easy-to-read LCD display and three knobs for controlling the pre-set, temperature and time. It comes with a 13-inch pizza pan, a broil rack, two oven racks, an enamel roasting pan, and a mesh basket rack for air frying and dehydrating.
- Extra Large Capacity. This Breville toaster oven can hold nearly 30 quarts and is perfect for Canadians looking to host parties or large gatherings.
- Convection Feature. With a two-speed convection fan, food can cook evenly with every use.
- Element iQ System. Using six different quartz elements and smart algorithms, this system ensures that the heat and power are directed exactly where they need to be.
- Multple Preset Options. With 13 different preset functions, cooking a meal is quick and easy.
Our Expert’s Take
“This large toaster oven can evenly cook a variety of food and is ideal for anyone in Canada who likes to prepare large meals or host parties.”
Best Value Toaster Oven
Hamilton Beach 31340C Toaster Oven
It's Great For:
Toaster ovens come in a wide range of price brackets. If you’re looking for a more affordable option but don’t want to compromise on quality, the Hamilton Beach 31340C Toaster Oven is an excellent choice. Unlike many other ovens on this list, this model doesn’t feature a digital display. Instead, it has three easy-to-use knobs for setting the temperature, function, and time. Those who aren’t tech-savvy will appreciate the simple design and ease of use.
This toaster oven is made of stainless steel and features a large, curved glass door that gives you easy access to the food. Although the oven has only three settings: toast, bake, and broil, many users agree this is more than enough for preparing different types of foods, from chicken and veggies to cookies and bagels.
Thanks to the 19.4-quart capacity, this toaster oven can fit an entire 12-inch pizza or six slices of bread, allowing you to prepare meals for several people. The 30-minute timer with a ready bell and auto shut-off is another convenient feature that ensures you never forget about your food or leave the oven on accidentally.
The oven comes with a removable slide-out crumb tray, a bake pan, and a broil rack.
- Auto Shut-Off. Never worry about overcooking or burning your meal with the auto shut-off feature, which ensures safety against fires and overheating.
- Easy to Use. This user-friendly toaster oven is great for anyone needing simple functionality, with its three cooking functions and intuitive controls.
- Large Capacity. While there aren’t many bells and whistles with this toaster oven, the large, nearly 20-quart capacity is a great feature and can fit an entire 12-inch pizza with ease.
- Included Accessories. The Hamilton Beach 30340C Toaster Oven comes with three included accessories, which is all that you need to cook a great meal with this appliance.
Our Expert’s Take
“Those in Canada looking for a simple, no-frills toaster oven on a budget will love this option, which cooks great meals and doesn’t take up too much counter space.”
Comparing the Best Toaster Ovens for Canadians
|Best Overall||Cuisinart TOA-60C Air Fryer Convection Oven||Stainless Steel||17.9 quarts||1800 Watts||7|
|Best Small Toaster Oven||Breville BOV240XL Mini Smart Oven||Metal||.45 cubic ft||1800 watts||8|
|Best Toaster Oven with Convection||Toshiba AC25CEW-SSC Digital Toaster Oven||Stainless Steel||26.4 quarts||1500 watts||10|
|Best All-in-One||Kalorik MAXX Digital Air Fryer Oven||Stainless Steel||26 quarts||1700 watts||21|
|Best Slim Design||Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven||Stainless Steel||3 quarts||1750 watts||8|
|Best Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator||COSORI Air Fryer Oven||Stainless Steel||32 quarts||1800 watts||12|
|Best Large Toaster Oven||Breville Smart Oven||Stainless Steel||29.9 quarts||1800 watts||13|
|Best Value Toaster Oven||Hamilton Beach 31340C Toaster Oven||Stainless Steel||19.4 quarts||1500 watts||3|
How We Selected These Toaster Ovens in Canada
Years of experience in the industry have helped us gain a deep understanding of the features that make a product stand out. This list of the best toaster ovens in Canada isn’t random; it’s the result of years of thorough research and data from reputable sources. Every toaster oven featured here has functions that make it unique and suitable for specific purposes. While the range varies depending on the particular appliance, there are a few features every product on the list has: high quality, durability, and safety.
Every toaster oven we analyzed for Canadians was evaluated based on this list of criteria:
- Capacity. The capacity of each item on the best toaster ovens in Canada list shows how much food you can make at once. The larger the capacity, the more food you can fit inside the oven.
- Functions. Every toaster oven has a certain number of preset functions that make preparing different types of food much easier.
- Power. The wattage of each toaster oven shows how much power the appliance requires.
- Material. Toaster ovens can be made of numerous materials, including plastic, aluminum, and stainless steel. Since the latter is known for its durability and strength, every product on the list of best toaster ovens in Canada is made of that material.
Why Should You Use a Toaster Oven in Canada?
These days, we have access to a wide range of appliances that we don’t use that often. It’s natural to wonder, therefore, whether you really need a toaster oven. What makes it different from the rest of the appliances whose only purpose would be collecting dust in your kitchen? Here are the most significant benefits of toaster ovens for Canadians:
- Versatility. Canadians can use toaster ovens to prepare all kinds of foods, from chicken and veggies to bagels, pizza, and muffins.
- Easy to clean. Most toaster ovens in Canada have a non-stick interior and a removable tray, making them easy to clean.
- Simple to use. Although many toaster ovens have numerous buttons and knobs, they’re usually simple to use. You’ll learn all the controls after only several uses.
- Convenient size. Toaster ovens are significantly smaller than conventional ovens. You can easily find a toaster oven that fits your space perfectly.
- Energy-efficient. Regular ovens are one of the major consumers of electricity. Toaster ovens are a more energy-efficient option for most everyday cooking tasks.
How to Choose a Toaster Oven for Canadians
There are a ton of special features and options when it comes to the best toaster ovens in Canada. If you’re having trouble deciding which might work best for you, keep the following features and options in mind as you shop.
There are three types of toaster ovens in Canada: standard, convection, and infrared. Standard ovens are great for preparing smaller amounts of food, reheating, toasting, or baking. They are often used as second ovens or energy-efficient alternatives to conventional ovens. Convection ovens use hot air circulation to ensure even heat distribution. Thanks to this, convection ovens guarantee a uniform temperature throughout the oven and no cold spots. Infrared ovens use light energy to cook food faster and usually don’t require preheating.
The type you should choose depends on your needs and requirements. Consider what type of toaster oven you need for your kitchen based on how you will use it, how much space you have, and how often it will play a role in food preparation.
Every toaster oven has a specific capacity, i.e., a maximum quantity of food it can accommodate. The capacity of a toaster oven is often expressed by how many slices of bread you can fit inside. Smaller toaster ovens for Canadians can fit around four slices of bread, while the larger models can fit nine slices.
While a toaster oven with a large capacity allows you to prepare more food at once, it doesn’t mean you need it. You probably don’t require a larger capacity if you live alone or have a small family.
Toaster ovens come in different dimensions. The measurements of a toaster oven are often closely related to the oven’s capacity, but they don’t have to be. Some toaster ovens with a small capacity may have a large LCD display and many buttons that affect their size. Before purchasing a toaster oven in Canada, ensure to look at the dimensions and double-check whether the oven can fit in your kitchen.
Many toaster ovens are shipped with accessories like an oven rack, a broiling rack, a rotisserie handle, a wire racket, a fry basket, etc. These accessories can make preparing meals easier and quicker. If your toaster oven doesn’t come with accessories, you may need to purchase them separately. Keep this in mind when considering the price.
Preset Cooking Functions
Many toaster ovens feature preset cooking functions that make cooking easy, even for those who don’t have a lot of experience in the kitchen. Functions such as bake, reheating, defrosting, air frying, or dehydrating allow you to prepare different kinds of food without worrying about undercooking or overcooking.
Some toaster ovens offer only a few basic functions, while others have more than 10. Keep in mind that there’s no universal number of pre-set cooking functions your toaster oven should have. Consider your needs and get a model that matches them. For example, if you often make vegetable and fruit chips, you’ll want the dehydrating option. Alternatively, if you want to reduce oil consumption, you should look for a toaster oven with an air frying feature.
The temperature range of a toaster oven dictates what it can and can’t handle. If a toaster oven has a narrow temperature range, you’ll have limited options in terms of the food you can prepare and the cooking methods you can use. In contrast, a wide temperature range allows you to cook, fry, bake, and dehydrate a larger variety of foods.
Choose the temperature range that is most comfortable for you. It’s important to choose a temperature range that works for you. Don’t choose a smaller range than you’ll need, but make sure to avoid a larger range than you need. You don’t want to spend more than you have to on a toaster oven.
Safety is one of the most important characteristics of the best toaster ovens in Canada. If a toaster oven isn’t safe, all cooking functions, large capacity, accessories, and convenient options become meaningless. If you often leave your stove on or can’t remember whether you turned it off, you may benefit from a toaster oven with an auto shut-off feature. Many toaster ovens in Canada have to overheat protection and sensors.
Frequently Asked Questions
These four materials shouldn’t be placed in toaster ovens: styrofoam, plastic, glass bakeware, and parchment paper. These materials all react in different ways, but most can melt or lead to catastrophic damage (some that can even spread beyond your toaster oven). Some toaster ovens can have aluminum foil placed inside, but it varies from model to model, so be sure to always read the instruction manual first.
Yes, you can bake cookies in a toaster oven. What’s more, many toaster ovens in Canada feature a “cookies” pre-set that allows you to bake cookies without difficulty. Those who love to bake will find a toaster oven to be a great way to bake cookies quickly in small batches.
Yes, desserts can be just as easily baked in a toaster oven as regular meals. A toaster oven has all of the same capabilities of baking and booking as a conventional oven and often takes less time. Canadians who like to bake in large quantities may find it easier to use a conventional oven, but for the most part, a toaster oven is a great option.
Even those with limited counter space should still consider purchasing a toaster oven if they wish. There are many slim and compact models that will work great and help with meal preparation without taking up valuable countertop space. For extra space-saving measures, you can look into purchasing a stand that fits over or under your toaster oven for additional storage options.
Many Canadians want to save time and money, and using a toaster oven can help with that. Toaster ovens use less electricity than conventional ovens do and often have quicker cooking time. Some users do not own a conventional oven, like students at universities or those in an office setting and need a way to easily prepare meals.