Tower fans can provide efficient cooling in the warmer months in Canada. There are many of them available, each offering a variety of features. To narrow down the selection of potential candidates, you may require some assistance.
To help with this endeavour, we have selected the best tower fans in Canada of 2023. Based on features that Canadians use while searching for these appliances, we researched until we found the most suitable candidates. Here are the best tower fans and what they can offer you.
Best Tower Fans for Canadians in 2023
Why Did We Choose These Tower Fans in Canada?
This list was compiled with Canadians in mind, and each one was chosen because we felt it was the best in its category. We based our choices on those features we felt Canadians would desire most when looking for a tower fan that fit their specific needs.
The Honeywell HYF260BC QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan is the best option overall because it offers a great mix of the most desirable features. It is powerful and can cool nearly any sized space, and yet it offers a whisper-quiet operation that won’t disturb your sleep.
The Lasko 2511 36” Tower Fan is our top choice for the most space-saving tower fan on our list, because of its small profile. Despite its smaller size, this fan still offers powerful cooling and air circulation for any room in the house.
The Senville Oscillating Tower Fan offers a wide angle of oscillation thanks to the powerful motorization. This option has a 3-speed fan that allows you to customise the level of wind you want to use to feel comfortable. The slim design of the tower fan takes up little floor space so you can use it even in smaller spaces.
The PELONIS Oscillating Tower Fan offers 3 speed settings with 3 operation modes. This option has a great wide angle that allows you to cool larger spaces with more efficiency. The tower fan comes with a remote control that adds convenience to the process, as you can use it to adjust the settings at any time without having to be in direct contact with the fan.
The Oraimo Tower Fan offers flexible airflow output that delivers quick cooling results. The gradual round curve duct design and powerful bionic air amplifier assist with ensuring these results. This tower fan has a built-in temperature sensor that helps it adjust while running in automatic mode.
The Paris Rhône Tower Fan delivers excellent functionality. This option offers flexible customization with 5 fan speeds, 3 operation modes, and 90º oscillation to ensure targeted relief. The tower fan can be used via the remote control or the control panel on the fan itself, making it a convenient choice.
Honeywell HYF260BC QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan
We’ve chosen the Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan as our best pick overall because of its combination of functionality and customizable features. It brings the best of all worlds together in one powerful unit. It’s perfect for Canadians who need a fan that can cool any room in the house. Plus, the QuietSet design means you will hardly notice this when this fan is operating.
This Honeywell fan features a 75-degree angle oscillation, so it covers a wide area, making it perfect for both small rooms. It’s even powerful enough to circulate air through large rooms like living rooms or family spaces. It offers 5 different control settings, so you can select the speed that best suits the size of the room and cooling requirements for each situation.
An extra feature of the Honeywell Whole Room Tower Fan is the auto-dim light on the control panel. It automatically dims to 50% brightness after 15 seconds and resumes to 100% brightness whenever the settings are changed. This helps to save energy and keeps rooms dark during the overnight hours, so you can sleep in peace.
This fan also includes a timer function that you can set for 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours so you won’t have to get up and down to turn it on and off. To make it even easier, you can use the remote control to adjust the fan settings from across the room.
The Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan was voted the most trusted Electric Fan brand by Canadian shoppers based on the BrandSpark Canadian Trust Study. It tied for first place in 2019 and 2021 and took the number one spot in 2022. Assembly is simple and requires no tools. It has a slim design that makes it perfect even in rooms with limited space.
- Efficient Oscillation Angle. The tower fan comes with a 75º oscillation that helps provide quick relief.
- Good for Any Space Size. Whether you are trying to cool a small or larger space, you can use this tower fan in various rooms with great results.
- Exclusive Control Settings. This tower fan comes with 5 cooling settings that let you customise the experience.
- Auto-Dim. The control panel comes with an auto-dim function for the lighting, making this a convenient choice for a bedroom.
Our Expert’s Take
“A convenient and efficient tower fan that can be used in small and large spaces.”
Lasko 2511 36” Tower Fan
The Lasko 2511 36” Tower Fan is a great choice for those Canadians who want a powerful way to cool any room in the house without a bulky tower fan taking up too much space in the room. And the great thing about this Lasko Tower Fan is that it still provides the same cooling capabilities as its larger counterparts. You don’t have to sacrifice power for extra floor space in your home.
This Lasko Fan still offers 3 speed settings and the option of setting the timer to automatically shut off in 60-minute increments. The remote control can change both the fan speed settings and the nightlight, so you can control the operation of this tower fan from the comfort of your bed or couch.
We also love that the Lasko Tower Fan is super easy to assemble and can be ready to start cooling your home in a matter of minutes. It’s super light-weight and easily portable, oscillates to cool a wide area in the room, and features a Blue Plug safety feature that automatically shuts down the fan in the event of an electrical fault.
- Slim Design. The sleek design of the tower fan is also slim, adding to its compact appeal.
- Remote Control. The tower fan has a remote control fan that enhances the convenience of the appliance.
- Easy to Install. Once received, the tower fan is easy to set up for first use, allowing you to enjoy it quickly after arrival.
- Portable. The tower fan is easy to transport from one space to another as needed thanks to its lightweight build.
Our Expert’s Take
“This tower fan is highly portable with a sleek design that is also easy to use.”
Senville Oscillating Tower Fan
The Senville Oscillating Tower Fan uses motorised oscillation to deliver quick cooling relief to Canadian households. This oscillating action ensures a wide rotation angle is covered to provide optimal relief. The sleek modern design has a top-mounted control panel that can be used to adjust the settings, as well as a convenient carry handle integrated in the fan. The oscillation angle can be adjusted from the top of the fan too.
There are 3 speed variations included with this tower fan in Canada. You can set the speed to low, middle, or high, depending on your needs and on how warm it is in the space you are in. Thanks to its sleek design, this tower from Senville can be used in areas with limited space, or even in room corners, allowing you to maximise the space you have access to.
Once you receive the fan, assembly is easy and requires minimal effort and time. There is a sturdy base that keeps the appliance stable during use, so you won’t have to worry about wobbling. While the tower fan is designed to provide relief during Canadian summers, it can be used in all seasons whenever some cooling relief is required inside.
- Compact Design. The sleek design of the tower fan makes it a great fit for room corners or limited floor space areas.
- 3 Speed Variations. You can use this tower fan to customise the speed of the cooling relief you receive from it.
- Convenient Build. The control panel at the top of the tower and the integrated carry handle make this a convenient and practical choice.
- Motorised Oscillation. The oscillating angle is powered by the motor, covering more space to provide optimal comfort.
Our Expert’s Take
“A compact option with powerful motorised oscillation for enhanced relief.”
Best Wide Angle
PELONIS Oscillating Tower Fan
The PELONIS Oscillating Tower Fan offers a widespread cooling angle thanks to its oscillation, which can reach up to 90º for extra convenience and comfort. This option is a space-saving one, thanks to its sleek design. For enhanced safety, this tower fan comes with a fused safety plug to ensure that there is no damage from power surges.
There are 3 different speed settings available with the tower fan: strong, natural, and sleep. This allows you to customise the speed and the airflow to suit your needs. This fan is a great choice for bedrooms thanks to the sleep function, but they also fit well in other spaces such as home offices, kitchens, and living rooms. The remote control included with the tower fan allows Canadians to adjust the fan settings from a distance, adding even more convenience to the process.
The fan outlet is 50 cm wide and allows for 90º silent oscillation. There is a programmable timer available that can be used for up to 15 hours. The carry handle on the back of the tower makes it easily portable from one space to another. The high performance available with this tower fan is ensured by the powerful motor and the 10 segment blades.
- Wide Cooling Angle. The wide cooling angle available with this tower fan provides quick and easy comfort.
- 3 Speed Settings. The speed settings included with the tower fan allow you to customise your cooling experience.
- Suitable for Bedrooms. The sleep function on the tower fan makes it a great choice for bedrooms and for nighttime use.
- Programmable Timer. The timer can be used for energy-saving and for smooth running for up to 15 hours.
Our Expert’s Take
“This tower fan provides a wide cooling with convenient settings and remote control.”
Best Quick Operation
Oramis Tower Fan
The Oramis Tower Fan has quick and easy operation that is highly customizable thanks to the 12 speeds included with it. The gradual round curve duct design of the tower fan, accompanied by the powerful bionic air amplifier, creates a 65% higher airflow. The tower fan also has a powerful motor that ensures excellent performance.
The 12 speeds included with the tower fan are assisted by 4 operating modes: normal, natural, sleep, and auto. This allows for in-depth wind customization depending on Canadians’ needs when they are using the fan. The compact modern design of the tower fan is great for both small and large spaces. While the fan can be used in any space, its ultra-quiet operation makes it a great choice for bedrooms in Canada.
This quiet operation can become even quieter if you select the quiet sleep mode. You can get even more out of this mode by setting up the programmable timer to work while you sleep. The tower fan comes with a built-in temperature sensor that is actively used to adjust the settings when the automatic mode is selected. The oscillation angle is wide enough to provide comfort to any area, as it can reach up to 120º.
- Quick Set-Up. The tower fan can provide quick and easy relief once it is turned on, without having to deal with extra hassle.
- 12 Speeds. The 12 speeds included with the tower fan make it a highly customisable option that can adapt to any room.
- Ultra-Quiet Operation. This option is a great choice for bedrooms because it is designed to run without making much noise.
- Built-In Sensor. The built-in temperature sensor is used in automatic mode to adjust the operation and provide optimum settings.
Our Expert’s Take
“The tower fan has highly customizable operating modes and provides an ultra-quiet experience.”
Paris Rhône Tower Fan
The Paris Rhône Tower Fan has great functionality thanks to the sleek design and the powerful motor. There is a 12-hour programmable timer to add extra convenience to the operation, so Canadians can enjoy the comfort without having to turn it off. The remote control provides full access to the tower fan when at a distance. You can also access the settings of the tower fan via the control panel at the top.
There is a removable extension stand included with the tower fan that lets you adjust the height as needed. Canadians looking to use this in their bedrooms will be happy to know that when running in sleep mode the noise output is as low as 35 dB. There are 5 fan speeds included to customise the comfort you receive from it, along with 3 operation modes that can also be adjusted.
The oscillation angle can reach 90º for extra relief while running the tower fan. You can take advantage of the slim design to place this fan wherever you wish to run it, from offices to bedrooms or areas with limited floor space. The LED control panel is intuitive to use, while the air inlet at the back of the fan can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Great Functionality. The tower fan can offer high performance thanks to the powerful motor and the features included with the design.
- Sleek Look. The modern appeal of the tower fan makes it a great choice for various spaces.
- Adjustable Height. This tower has a removable extension that lets you adjust the height as needed.
- Quiet Operation. When used in sleep mode, the noise output can go as low as 35 dB, ensuring undisturbed sleep.
Our Expert’s Take
“This quiet tower fan has a sleek look and convenient adjustable height.”
Why Trust Us?
We are in the business of helping Canadians make the most out of their lives by offering our expertise and experience on a wide range of lifestyle and household products. If it’s something you need or want to improve your quality of life, we want to help you make the very best choices for you and your family.
We evaluate each and every product and use our expert observations to select the best options for each unique situation. When we built this list of the best tower fans for Canadians, we considered the most popular and desired features, including:
- Cooling Power. Every household has unique needs when it comes to cooling. Some people may live in smaller spaces, like apartments or dorms. Others may need to cool much larger spaces, like living rooms and large homes with open floor plans. We tried to consider a variety of fans that offer different cooling power and functionality so you can easily choose the option that best meets your needs.
- Customizable Functions. Having options is always great, and when it comes to fans, it can mean the difference between a perfect breeze and the frustration of needing to get up and down repeatedly to adjust the settings. The fans we chose for this list have a variety of customizable functions to suit any need and most offer remote control options, so you don’t even have to get off the couch to change it up!
- Energy Efficiency. Saving money is top of most Canadians’ minds in today’s economy, and we want to provide you with a list of the most eco-friendly and energy-efficient fans on the market today. These fans offer a wide range of options, including some that use DC-powered motors that can save energy and money, without sacrificing cooling power.
Why Use a Tower Fan in Canada?
Tower fans have revolutionized the way people around the world cool their homes. When you live in a place like Canada, where the weather can fluctuate drastically and the temperature can rise and fall in a heartbeat, it’s important to have a cost-effective way to cool down your home. Tower fans use cutting-edge technology to provide whole-room cooling at a fraction of the cost of air conditioning units and at a much better efficiency than simply opening a window.
Is a Tower Fan Better Than a Pedestal Fan?
Tower fans have revolutionized the way Canadians cool their homes. While most people have some form of central air or air conditioning in their home, the benefit of a direct cooling breeze and air circulation cannot be underestimated, especially on days when the temperature and humidity soar. With the rising costs of energy affecting every Canadian’s pocketbook, people are looking for any and every way to save a bit of money at the end of the month.
Tower fans have taken the cooling capabilities of traditional pedestal fans and elevated it – in both power and efficiency. Add to that the improved aesthetic of these slim, stylish tower fans and you have a great way to cool any room in the house at a fraction of the cost of a central air conditioning unit, and the ability to keep your room looking great in the process.
Are tower fans really more powerful than pedestal fans? Not really. The propeller-type blades of a traditional fan offer a bit more direct power than a typical tower fan. Pedestal fans are also usually adjustable and oscillating, meaning you can move the fan to direct the air current better than you could with a tower fan. So, why do so many people choose a tower fan over the power of a traditional pedestal fan?
There are several reasons why Canadians might choose a tower fan. First, a pedestal fan is notoriously noisy. They creak, rattle, and vibrate as they operate and the power of the motor and the airflow itself is typically quite noisy. In this aspect, the tower fan has the pedestal fan beat, hands down. Most tower fans are designed to be super quiet, and quite a few of them are virtually soundless during operation.
The second reason people might choose a tower fan over a pedestal fan is for their space-saving design and aesthetic. A pedestal fan needs a lot of space to operate. It is wide and round at the top and usually has feet around the base that extend out in several directions to provide support. This means that a pedestal fan needs a good bit of clearance and space in a room to operate efficiently, especially if it’s oscillating.
A tower fan, on the other hand, is incredibly efficient without requiring half the amount of floor space as a typical pedestal fan. Tower fans are tall and slim, with a much smaller base. They only require a foot or two of space to operate effectively, and the exterior of the fan doesn’t need room to oscillate because everything is kept within the tower itself.
Another great benefit of a tower fan is its safer design. Pedestal fans have come a long way in their design over the decades, but they still present a safety risk for children and pets. This is because of the spinning blades, which can severely injure little fingers. Even with the blades of the fan enclosed in a cage, there is still a risk that children may attempt to stick their fingers in between the casing and sustain injury. Pedestal fans also have a greater risk of tipping over because of their top heavy design.
Tower fans, however, house all of the components inside the assembly, so there is no risk of little ones getting fingers caught or hair tangled in dangerous blades. They are also less likely to tip over and are therefore much safer if you have children or pets in the home.
Traditional pedestal fans have a fairly basic operation. There’s usually an on and off feature, the option to allow the fan to oscillate back and forth, and probably a few different speed settings. And that’s about it. These fans have remained nearly the same as far as available options are concerned for the past several decades. The technology simply has not advanced to provide the same amount of functionality and features that tower fans offer.
Tower fans may include multiple speed settings as well as the ability to set the fan to automatically turn off based on personalized setting with a built-in timer. Many have eco-friendly settings that allow the fan to sense the temperature in the room and adjust automatically. They may have LED displays, night-light features that dim automatically after a set number of minutes, and many come with the added convenience of a remote control. Just try finding a pedestal fan that offers a remote control. Chances are you will need to be physically within reach of a pedestal fan to adjust the settings or turn the fan on or off.
How to Choose a Tower Fan for Canadians
Another reason tower fans are so popular is because of the variety of options available. When choosing a tower fan, you should look for one that has options that best suit your needs. Different wind speeds and airflow types make a big difference. You can set a tower fan for powerful breezes or light air circulation. Whether you need a fan to cool an entire living room, provide a comfortable sleeping environment, or cool you down at your desk, you can find a tower fan that matches your needs perfectly.
Look for tower fans that offer these features:
- Multiple airflows and speed settings ensure that you can select the cooling power and airflow that best suits your home, the space you need to cool, and can adapt well to the situation you need it for. You might want different levels of cooling during very hot days than you would need while sleeping.
- Eco-conscious timer settings can help save on energy bills and are better for the environment.
- Remote control functionality means you can adjust the fan settings from anywhere in the room without having to even leave your seat. This is extremely useful during nighttime operation, when you may want to change the settings from the comfort of your bed.
- Look for tower fans that offer wide-angle oscillation or design that allows the fan to cool more of the room and provides greater airflow coverage to larger spaces.
Consider the Size and Weight of a Tower Fan
Are you looking for a tower fan that can cool a large room? Or perhaps you need a smaller tower fan that can sit on a table or desktop? Tower fans come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and designs to match every need. Consider the size of your space and your personal cooling needs when choosing the right size tower fan.
Frequently Asked Questions
While it is best used in the summer months, a tower fan can bring quick relief to Canadian households when it gets warm. This can also be an energy-efficient way to enjoy cooling comfort.
Tower fans are generally very safe to use, as they are designed with safety and comfortable operation in mind.
On average, tower fans work by using the blades powered by the motor to pull air from behind and push it forward. This creates a draft that can then be assisted by oscillating motion.