Immersion Room began to make the limitless potential, economic benefits, and sustainable solutions of virtual production attainable to all project budgets. The world of LED volumes and 3D technology can be scary, but our team of developers, researchers, and industry thought leaders are assembling the VP puzzle pieces in new and exciting ways to bring the exciting technology to the masses.
Tell us about yourself?
I was a professional actor/dancer turned producer/director. Having been on set as a performer and choreographer, I have a uniquely successful approach with talent on set.
If you could go back in time a year or two, what piece of advice would you give yourself?
I would listen to my gut and body more to avoid burnout.
What problem does your business solve?
Our virtual production solutions include but are not limited to:
- QUICK RESETS: eliminating unnecessary production unit moves by changing the shooting location in seconds with the click of a button to load it onto the wall.
- STUDIO SETTING: Shooting in a controlled studio environment. Avoid the harsh natural elements on a sound stage, making every crew happier and more efficient.
- LIGHT: Not fighting the sun clock outside. It can be forever twilight in the studio!
- IN CAMERA: Having all VFX in camera for visual clients.
- ENVIRONMENT: Reducing a production’s carbon footprint to be more environmentally sustainable.
- PICKUPS: Pickups have never been easier with environmental plates shot to post.
- NO MORE PERMITS: expensive permits aren’t needed here for iconic hard-to-permit locations.
What is the inspiration behind your business?
We’re inspired by the amazing advantages virtual production can offer the film industry at large. We aim to make virtual production more attainable for directors, producers, cinematographers, etc.
What is your magic sauce?
We offer bespoke technical solutions for all film projects but, most importantly, a unique collaborative approach. Our diverse team of thought leaders share expertise from all film roles to bring efficiency, creativity, and advancements to our clients’ projects.
What is the plan for the next 5 years? What do you want to achieve?
Immersion Room seeks to create an easy to access ecosystem of virtual production in Toronto and abroad.
What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced so far?
The biggest challenge with virtual production is getting crews, producers, and decision-makers with decades of ingrained practices to change their approach to their productions.
How can people get involved?
Please e-mail for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org