We’re on a mission to help companies build the world’s best cultures. Using our employee Rewards and Recognition platform, our customers simplify the process of recognition and give their team the power of choice when it comes to being rewarded for their hard work. Our goal is to enable employees to feel connected to one another and the company that they work with, leading to better engagement and improved productivity.
Tell us about yourself?
For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved creating great products and high-performing teams. In the past 25 years, I’ve built three high-growth tech companies; Bucketlist is the fastest-growing organization with an amazing product and team. There’s nothing as rewarding as an awesome team building a great product together.
If you could go back in time a year or two, what piece of advice would you give yourself?
- I would’ve raised money sooner. We bootstrapped the business for a number of years, and I would’ve told myself to raise cash one year earlier.
- Also, take time to celebrate the victories. Building a company gets incredibly busy, and it’s easy to overlook all the fun that you’re having. It’s important to pause occasionally and acknowledge all of the fantastic work that’s happened.
What problem does your business solve?
Bucketlist is an Employee Rewards and Recognition platform that helps organizations increase engagement and lower turnover rates. Our end goal is to help clients build better cultures and improve productivity across the organization. We’ve seen clients lower turnover by more than 40 per cent and increase engagement by 25 per cent once they’ve implemented the program.
What is the inspiration behind your business?
Bucketlist was founded in British Columbia, Canada, in 2016. It was originally created as a goal-setting platform to help people achieve their lifelong dreams. This idea really resonated with people, and soon companies approached us asking how they could purchase our platform for corporate use. Today, Bucketlist Rewards is a SaaS platform that makes it easy for team members to recognize and reward each other for milestones, achievements, and a job well done.
In the past few years (following the pandemic), we’ve seen significant changes in the world of work; higher salaries, bean-bag chairs in the office, and the usual company perks aren’t cutting it anymore when it comes to attracting and retaining the best talent. Turnover and labour shortage rates are at an all-time high, and workers are citing a lack of recognition as one of the top reasons they leave their jobs.
It’s time for organizations to dive deeper into the psychology of employee engagement to ensure they come out on top. Our customers are building strong, high-performing teams by making necessary investments into recognition and reward initiatives and hosting it all in one simple platform. In turn, they maximize productivity and profitability while becoming great places to work that, as a result, see minimal employee turnover.
What is your magic sauce?
Several things make us unique:
- We’re focused on making employee dreams come true through the power of personalized employee rewards. We’ve sent people whale watching, sent couples to the spa, and even helped people learn how to fly. We have over 4,000 rewards in 40 countries – everything from a $5 Amazon gift card all the way to heli-skiing. The key is to give meaningful rewards that are personalized to each person’s dreams.
- We strive to be one of the most effortless rewards and recognition programs to use in North America.
- One of our company’s core values is Care for Customers and Each Other. We pride ourselves on taking outstanding care of our customers and have one of the highest customer satisfaction scores in the industry.
What is the plan for the next 5 years? What do you want to achieve?
We’re on a mission to help build the best cultures possible and have contributed to many companies being recognized as “Best Place to Work” or “Employer of Choice”. We want to support more organizations to be recognized for their outstanding culture.
We’re also excited to scale our operations, bring the platform to millions of users worldwide, and help employers make their employees’ dreams come true.
What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced so far?
We’ve grown our revenue by over 3,000 per cent in the past three years. It’s exactly what we want to see, but one of the biggest challenges with all this expansion has been finding ways to rapidly improve systems and processes that will effectively keep up with our growth and support the team.
How can people get involved?
We’d love to chat with anyone who wants to learn more about how a Recognition & Rewards platform (such as Bucketlist) can help your organization with employee engagement, productivity, and retention. Visit our page to book a product tour with one of our friendly team members. www.hubs.ly/Q01q-9lK0