We are a young team passionate about last-mile delivery, with one mission in mind, to bring happiness to our customers every day, through the joy of the “Unboxing” experience.
We literally take this “Extra Mile” to make sure no package is left behind, and draw a smile on our customer’s faces. The values that are guiding me on a daily basis:
- Fair opportunity, everyone needs a chance to prove themselves, if you got the right can-do attitude and willingness to learn, you can easily be part of our team
- Commitment, we spend a lot of our adult time at work, so let’s make sure it is worth our time and we give in it as much as possible to gain out of it
- Growth Mindset, we are true believers in a learning mindset, pushing the limit to grow our character
- Faith, everything happens for a good reason, just do your part and be positive for the future
Tell us about yourself?
I’m Moatassem Moatez (AKA Mo), a husband to a supportive wife, a father to 2 loving boys, a mentor to a great team and a believer in health and wellness for a healthy body/mind.
Professionally, I’m the owner of MYcourier, Inc., an Ontario-based Last Mile Delivery company.
My success as an independent entrepreneur is in part thanks to a strong track record in the corporate world, where I lead marketing and sales teams at top multinationals like Unilever, British American Tobacco, and Nestle. That experience, combined with my passion and commitment to customer service are the keys to where I am today.
In 2012, I took a leap of faith with my first venture in the start-up world, co-founding MORE Ltd., a loyalty and reward program. Since then, I’ve led and/or partnered with businesses across UAE, Egypt, KSA, and Canada. In 2020, I founded MYcourier, Inc, a delivery partner to amazing clients such as Amazon in Toronto, Canada.
Always open to new opportunities and collaborations with like-minded entrepreneurs and professionals.
If you could go back in time a year or two, what piece of advice would you give yourself?
These are my life learnings that I would share with my younger self:
- Define Success else you will just keep running all your life
- Doors of Opportunities do open wide, it is just a matter of when (trust the process)
- Consistency beats intensity so keep moving forward
- You have powers that are not yet tested, so keep trying things until you unleash your powers
- Do not live in the anxiety of the future or memories of the past, enjoy the present
- Change is the only reality, either you like it or not, so keep your growth mindset to adjust to the changes in the world.
- One step at a time, do not look at the full road (you will feel tired) just one step forward
What problem does your business solve?
We believe in specialization, we are your on-road runners.
We work with very professional retailers, who are super good at producing products, branding and marketing them, we come in place to ease the last leg of their e-comm cycle delivery to their customers. We want to take the hassle of delivery from their tasks for them to keep innovating and marketing their products. We have the internal systems, processes, teams and capabilities to make sure you are in control and promises to your customers are met to its highest standards.
In the end, it is a win-win the more our clients reach their customers, the more we deliver for them. Our saying is, we take the extra mile to make your customer smile.
What is the inspiration behind your business?
The lockdown was my inspiration, being faced with a pandemic and feeling the pressure of retailers with no last mile delivery capabilities, made me see the opportunity to add value to this industry. My experience in building businesses bottom-up, from operations, HR, finance and business development, gave me the backbone and strength to take the leap of faith into a new industry and kick start MYcourier Inc.
The logistics industry is a different beast, there are lots of “moving parts” and one mistake is too many, hence to be able to run the business with the highest service level, safety and cost-efficient requires lots of work. There are lots of areas that can be further optimized to ensure smooth delivery with the highest quality (on time, no damages), and this is the behind the scene that the team is currently working on.
What is your magic sauce?
My Magic Sauce is summarized into the 3 P’s:
- Performance – we are a Performance Driven Operation (PDO), we monitor performance KPIs daily to ensure action is taken immediately
- Process – To scale safely you need processes and systems (online) for smooth operation, we built and still building our internal platforms to have well-crafted processes
- People – Hire, train, retain, repeat
What is the plan for the next 5 years? What do you want to achieve?
My aim is to put a stamp as the delivery partner that is building a team that is performance-driven, the on-ground (front-liners) are coming to work knowing how to move the needle with the right performance that eventually is translated to promotions and acknowledgements. We want our clients to know that they can take one task off their to-do list that is fully managed and operated by a professional team that cares about their client’s brand image on the road.
We are working on our internal performance platforms (tech system) that will ensure every front-liner will have the visibility to grow and succeed in their journey as front-liners.
What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced so far?
Lots of people got used to ordering online during the pandemic, the delivery expectations are now set high that you receive your parcel within the same day or the next day (yes, it’s doable). But to pull off such an operation requires a lot of backend work to ensure not only the safety of the team and parcels but also an economical value (while fuel cost is increasing, our pain point as a logistics company). So having a very lean operation with high customer service is an interesting puzzle we are enjoying solving.