Many Canadians wake up hot, sweaty and overheating throughout the night. Frequently, this is because of sleeping on a mattress that retains heat. Whether you naturally sleep hot or like to keep your bedroom warmer, choosing a mattress with cooling features can be your key to a great night’s sleep. Many mattresses offer unique cooling measures designed to wick away heat and moisture and increase airflow through the mattress, allowing sleepers to wake up cool and sweat-free. Our team of mattress experts and testers spent hundreds of hours trying out all the best cooling mattresses available in Canada to help you decide which is the best option for your next mattress purchase.
All of the mattresses on our list today were tested on multiple fronts for both comfort and cooling properties. Each tester tried the mattresses for extended lengths of time and tested numerous mattresses to get fair evaluations. Only the best mattresses made it into our comparison today. Here are our picks for the best cooling mattresses in Canada of 2023.
The 10 Best Cooling Mattresses in Canada (2023 Picks)
- Best Overall Cooling Mattress – Silk & Snow Hybrid
- Best Cooling Mattress Technology – Octave Horizon
- Best Cooling Mattress for Allergies – The Douglas Summit
- Best Cooling Mattress for Motion Isolation – Endy Hybrid
- Best Organic Cooling Mattress – Silk & Snow Organic
- Best Luxury Cooling Mattress – Logan & Cove Frontier
- Best Cooling Mattress for Budget-Conscious Canadians – Silk & Snow
- Best Cooling Mattress for Pressure Relief – Recore
- Best All-Foam Cooling Mattresses – The Endy
- Best Hybrid Cooling Mattress – Hush Arctic Luxe
Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
Those seeking a cooling foam mattress that offers the durability of a traditional spring mattress should consider Silk & Snow’s Hybrid Mattress, which combines all-foam layers with a coil foundation and a reinforced perimeter. This durable mattress full of features is our pick for the best cooling for edge sleepers mattress in Canada. If you need extra support from your cooling mattress, you can’t go wrong with the Silk & Snow Hybrid.
The Silk & Snow Hybrid has a soft and breathable quilted and plush top, allowing air to circulate and reduce heat build-up throughout the night. Made of antimicrobial material, the cover stays fresh and prevents the growth of bacteria and odour over time.
For Canadians who sleep warm, the top layer of the Silk & Snow Hybrid is made of cooling foam, which is excellent for those who sleep moderately warm. However, those who sleep extra hot may need a mattress with better temperature control. This mattress reduces heat for most sleepers, despite its plush quilted top, which can often retain heat in other mattresses.
The middle layer of the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is made from high-density memory foam, designed to prevent motion transfer from occurring between partners. For co-sleepers, this layer helps with getting undisturbed sleep. The bottom base layer of this mattress is created from 1,200 zoned coils, ensuring that each part of your body is adequately supported, making it an excellent mattress for those needing extra pressure relief or back support. For those that sleep on the edge of the bed, the reinforced edges support measures to prevent sinking and sagging over time along the perimeter, which is a hard-to-find measure in many mattresses. Overall this mattress is a great hybrid mattress for those who sleep minimally to moderately warm.
- Quilted Foam Layer. This top foam layer is made of a quilted, plush material that helps reduce heat while sleeping. For those who sleep warm, this layer helps keep you cool the entire night.
- Pocket Coil Foundation. Made of 1,200 tempered pocket coils, this base layer of the Silk & Snow Hybrid offers excellent support and helps those suffering from back issues get the alignment needed. The coils are zoned throughout the foundation, providing firm support for the back and legs, with softer coils surrounding your hips and shoulders.
- Antimicrobial Cover. Ensuring a bacteria and odour-free surface, the cover of the Silk & Snow Hybrid is made from an antimicrobial cover that wicks heat and moisture away while sleeping.
- Firm Edge Support. The perimeter of the Silk & Snow Mattress has reinforced firm coil support along the entire mattress, perfect for those who sleep on the edge of the bed. This firm edge support prevents the sinking and slipping that can happen over time in many memory foam mattresses.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress stays moderately cool throughout the night, saving you from excessive sweating. Thsoe who sleep warm will appreciate how this mattress works to reduce temperatures. We also loved the plush, comfortable sleep surface, which may help you fall asleep quickly.”
Octave Horizon Mattress
It's Great For:
The Octave Horizon is an all-foam mattress filled with great features and is our pick for the best cooling mattress in Canada. This luxury mattress is a wonderful option for most Canadians and has excellent temperature control that will keep even the hottest of sleepers cool.
Whether you naturally sleep hot or you live in a warm climate, a cool and dry sleep starts with the cover of the Octave Horizon. The fabric of this breathable cover is infused with cooling CryoFusion nanofibres, designed to lower temperatures while wicking away moisture, eliminating night sweats altogether. Those with seasonal or dust allergies will appreciate the ability to machine wash the cover as often as needed.
While many all-foam mattresses have just a few total layers of foam, the Octave Horizon is constructed with a total of five. Below the cooling cover lays a thick layer of cooling gel foam, further reducing and regulating temperatures. This foam, which combines copper threading and PolarMAX phase change material, keeps the mattress perfectly temperature-neutral regardless of the season. Canadians who suffer from pressure point pain will love this cooling layer, which soothes aching muscles and joints.
In the middle of the Octave Horizon are three layers of foam, each with unique benefits and made of high-quality Canadian materials. First, a layer of aerated latex foam provides bounce and ease of movement using a blend of natural and synthetic latex. Next, a layer of ecoLuxe gel foam disperses trapped heat and cushions hips, shoulders and back with its superior pressure relief. Last, a layer of Elastex foam provides deep support for sleeping positions with its responsiveness.
At the bottom of the Octave Horizon is a solidly constructed base made from high-density memory foam. This thick foam is designed for long-term use and extreme durability. For additional cooling and cleanliness, this foam has built-in air channels throughout. Canadians who are frequently woken up due to restless partners or active pets will love the motion isolation found in this layer, helping achieve undisturbed rest. Aching joints and pressure points are targeted with the foundation’s five-zoned support system.
As our favourite cooling mattress in Canada, the Octave Horizon is a great pick that will appeal to the majority of Canadians. Those who sleep extra hot will find that this mattress will help keep them cool on a nightly basis. Available in all standard sizes and with a lengthy 365-night sleep trial, this mattress has a lot to offer nearly everyone.
- Cooling Cover. This soft, breathable cover works to cool even the hottest of sleepers with its CryoFusion Nanofibres, which actively wick away heat and moisture. Both removable and washable, cleaning this cover is incredibly easy.
- Latex Foam Layer. Made from aerated latex, this breathable and airy foam combines natural and synthetic latex for a bouncy and adaptable sleeping surface.
- PolarMAX Cooling Foam. This foam layer, which is made with copper threading and PolarMAX Phase change material, keeps temperatures cool and comfortable year-long while providing deep pressure relief for aching joints.
- High-Density Foundation. Made from thick, high-density foam, this base helps with extreme longevity and motion isolation for those who co-sleep. Hot sleepers will benefit from the built-in air channels, which disperse heat and keep the mattress dry and moisture-free.
Our Expert’s Take
“Even the warmest sleepers will find this mattress keeps them cool, sweat-free and comfortable night after night. This is a great overall mattress with great pressure relief and motion isolation.”
Douglas Summit Mattress
Best for Allergies
It's Great For:
Many Canadians suffer from seasonal or even latex allergies, and finding a cooling mattress that can help alleviate those allergies can be tricky. Luckily we tested the Douglas Summit Mattress, which is our pick for the best cooling mattress for those with allergies. This mattress is a great all-around pick with multiple layers that help reduce and regulate body temperature and features allergy-friendly latex and washable covers.
It’s easy to stay cool throughout the night with the Douglas top cover, made from Infinitex fibres inspired by the mountains in Western Canada. This breathable top can be zipped off and tossed in a washing machine anytime there is a spill or just to keep it fresh and dust free. The Inifitex fibres wick away the heat and moisture closest to your body for a dry and comfortable sleep.
The top layer of the Douglas Mattress is made of an ecoLight cooling gel foam. This foam layer will help keep you cool no matter how hot you sleep, while the Polar Temperature Balancing keeps the mattress cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Made with 40% less carbon input than most other memory foam, this top layer is not only cool to the touch but also environmentally friendly. For those who need pressure support, the ecoLight foam does a great job supporting achy joints or painful pressure points.
Canadians with latex allergies will appreciate the middle layer of the Douglas, made with their unique Elastex Foam. This foam mimics latex in feel, support and motion isolation but lacks natural latex, perfect for those with allergies. For those who co-sleep, the bottom base layer of Support Foam helps prevent motion transfer between partners while providing a stable and durable base.
- EcoLight Cooling Gel. This gel foam layer instantly regulates and reduces body temperature, even for those who sleep extra hot and stay cool overnight. It’s a more eco-conscious option, too, as it’s made with 40% less carbon than standard memory foam.
- Infinitex Fibre Cover. Made of cool-to-the-touch fibres, this cover can be removed and washed, making it an excellent choice for those who suffer from seasonal allergies.
- Elastex Foam Layer. For those who are allergic to latex, this Elastex Foam layer mimics latex and supports those who need pressure relief and motion isolation without using actual latex.
- Motion Support Base. Those seeking excellent motion isolation support will appreciate the thick foundational layer of the Douglas, which is comfortable and great for all sleeping positions.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress was great for our testers with allergies, and they appreciated it being latex free and having a washable cover. The cooling gel helped our testers stay free from waking up hot and sweaty.”
Endy Hybrid Mattress
Best Motion Isolation
It's Great For:
Made in Canada, the Endy Hybrid is a great cooling mattress that provides superior pressure relief and motion isolation. This mattress is ideal for co-sleepers that sleep warm and back and side sleepers and is our top pick for the best cooling mattress for those needing motion isolation.
The top cover is quilted and plush, which mimics a pillowtop mattress while providing extreme support. Those who sleep minimally to moderately warm will find that most heat is dispersed without being trapped in this layer.
The real cooling measures come from the top Comfort Foam layer of the Endy Hybrid. This foam is constructed with an open-cell design, which allows air to circulate freely and release the heat closest to your body. This layer is great for those who sleep warm, but those who sleep hot may want to find a colder mattress.
Canadians who co-sleep will appreciate the layer of Endy Transition Foam, which helps those with achy pressure points find comfort and feel supported. This layer, paired with the Zoned Coil Support, prevents motion transfer between partners. The Endy Hybrid is incredibly durable and sits atop a layer of high-density foam, ensuring a longer lifespan than most other mattresses on the market. The Endy Hybrid is a great pick for those seeking a mattress to help with pressure relief and motion isolation.
- Quilted Cover. This soft and plush cover feels like a pillowtop yet provides excellent pressure relief and comfort.
- Endy Comfort Foam. The top layer of the Endy Hybrid helps sleepers keep cool throughout the night and sleep moderately warm.
- Endy Transition Layer. For those seeking pressure relief and motion isolation, this layer helps co-sleepers, and those who often wake up in pain have a comfortable and peaceful night’s sleep.
- Zoned Coil Support. Setting the Endy Hybrid Mattress apart from most of the mattresses in our review today are the metal coils that are both quiet and durable. For those needing help with alignment and lumbar support, this layer will ensure you wake up pain-free.
Our Expert’s Take
“Our testers found that the Endy Hybrid allowed them to sleep undisturbed, even those with restless partners. Despite having a plush top, the Endy Hybrid had our testers who naturally sleep warm, waking up cool.”
Silk & Snow Organic Mattress
Best Organic Mattress
It's Great For:
As our top pick for the best organic cooling mattress, the Silk and Snow Organic Mattress is an excellent model made with eco-conscious Canadians in mind. Built with entirely natural and sustainable materials, this Silk and Snow Organic Mattress will last for years while providing comfortable sleep experiences that won’t degrade over time.
The cover of this mattress is made from organic cotton on top of New Zealand wool. Both breathable and soft, this quilted top is similar to a pillowtop but stays naturally cool without added chemicals. This mattress is perfect for those who sleep minimally warm, but those who sleep extra hot may need a cooler mattress.
Unlike traditional memory foam mattresses, the top layer of the Silk and Snow Organic Mattress is made from organically created latex, which stays cool and breathable. For those who co-sleep, this latex layer helps prevent motion transfer and won’t break down as fast as other memory foam.
The base of the Silk and Snow Organic mattress is made from zoned coils, ensuring each sleeper is comfortable and supported throughout the night. The middle section of the coils is firmer for those needing back support, while the outer thirds of the coils are softer where pressure points need more cushioning. Canadians who sleep on the edge will appreciate the reinforced edge support along the perimeter of the mattress, ensuring that sagging and sinking don’t occur over time.
Eco-conscious Canadians will find the Silk and Snow Organic Mattress to be a great choice for their next cooling mattress. Each part of this mattress uses natural and toxic-free materials, helping the health of both the sleeper and the planet.
- Organic Cotton. Made of GOTS Certified organic cotton, the material that wraps the mattress is naturally cool and breathable, ensuring a great night’s sleep.
- Wool Quilt Cover. Using New Zealand wool that acts as a natural fire retardant, this cushy and quilted cover is airy and comfortable, keeping those who sleep moderately warm stay cool throughout the night.
- Natural Latex Layer. Providing extra support and motion isolation for those who co-sleep, this latex layer is more durable than traditional memory foam.
- Zoned Coil Support. With a blend of soft and firm coils, the Silk and Snow Organic Mattress base is supportive and excellent for those seeking pressure relief for achy joints and pressure points.
Our Expert’s Take
“Our environmentally conscious testers appreciated the organic materials in this mattress and said they woke up cool and comfortable, even with the plush and thick mattress top.”
Logan & Cove Frontier Hybrid Mattress
Best Luxury Mattress
It's Great For:
Some plush mattresses sleep warm, especially due to the softer nature of their top layer. Heat can easily build up in these layers, leaving you uncomfortably warm. This isn’t the case with the luxurious Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress, however. This mattress features multiple breathable layers, cooling foams, and more to reduce heat even as you relax on the plush sleeping surface.
This medium-firm mattress is luxurious in every way. From the materials used to the details on the cover, this mattress feels like a much more expensive model. The cover is made with CryoFusion nanofibres to help cool the mattress, which can wick away heat and moisture before it can seep down into the foam layers. Under the cover is the Euro-top section, a layer of breathable hollow fibre and quilted gel-infused foam, both of which work to reduce temperatures throughout the night.
The next layer offers more cooling properties, as the gel cooling foam relieves pressure and moves heat away from you throughout the night. This layer is made with ecoLuxe Cooling foam, which is a unique proprietary blend that offers all the benefits of memory foam without the stuck-in feeling. This layer also helps cushion your body, lifting it out of the mattress and away from the first coil layer.
The first coil layer in the middle of the mattress features adaptive Aeroduct Micro Coils. These coils are designed to compress easily, conforming to your body to provide customized support and cushion. These coils also reduce temperatures, so you don’t have to worry about deep thermal regulation. Below is a layer of Elastex foam, a hypoallergenic latex alternative that keeps the mattress responsive and comfortable.
Finally, the pocket coil layer features zoned coils to provide needed support. The coils under your hips are harder to compress, while the coils around your shoulders are soft and comfortable. The coils around the edges of the mattress are firmer too – if you sit or sleep near the edge of the bed, you won’t slip or slide around. Canadians who sleep on their sides or stomachs will appreciate the feel of this mattress, as well as any users who prefer a cool, plush surface.
- Quilted Euro-Top Cover. Logan & Cove Frontier’s Euro-top section is made with quilted gel-infused foam and breathable hollow fibre, so you can stay comfortable and cool throughout the night.
- Strong Edge Support. The edge support zone provides firmer coils around the edges of the mattress, so you can sit or sleep near the edge of the bed without sliding.
- Two Layers of Coils. A layer of Aeroduct micro-coils provides comfortable, contouring support under the top layer of foam. A base layer of zoned pocket coils provides stronger support from below.
- Up to 2,920 Coils Total. Between the Aeroduct micro-coil layer and the pocket coil layer, this mattress has over 2,920 coils to keep you well-supported.
Our Expert’s Take
“Our testers loved how cool this mattress was. Between the breathable Euro-top, CryoFusion cover, and gel foam, they reported waking up comfortable and without night sweats.”
The Silk & Snow Mattress
Best for Budget-Conscious Canadians
It's Great For:
Canadians on a budget should consider the Silk and Snow Mattress, our pick for the best cooling mattress for budget-conscious Canadians in 2023. This all-foam mattress combines a breathable, washable cover with a layer of gel memory foam, ensuring a comfortable and cool night’s sleep without breaking the bank.
The top cover of the Silk and Snow Mattress features an antimicrobial cover that prevents bacteria from growing, which is perfect for those wanting to keep their mattress clean. Those with allergies will appreciate the washable top cover that zips off for easy cleaning, which can be tossed right into the washing machine with your other bedding.
The Silk and Snow top layer is made from dense gel memory foam that regulates and reduces body temperatures better than traditional memory foam. In addition to keeping you cool, this layer helps relieve pressure points for those needing moderate support.
The next layer of the Silk and Snow Mattress is made from durable performance foam, which is supportive and cushioning for all sleeping positions. Those who need extra firm support, though, may want to consider a different mattress, as this is a softer model. Canadians who co-sleep will find that this mattress has great motion isolation due to this foam layer.
The base of the Silk and Snow Mattress is designed to be durable for many years and is created from high-density foam. This mattress is great for those who sleep moderately warm and are looking for a softer medium mattress on a budget.
- Removable Cover. This antimicrobial cover can be machine washed and easily removed. For those with allergies or who are just concerned about odour and bacteria, the cover can be cleaned as often as desired.
- Gel Memory Foam Layer. Both cooling and cushioning, this supportive layer of gel memory foam is airy and breathable, helping you stay cool during the night.
- Performance Foam. For those who co-sleep, the motion isolation feature of this layer does a great job of helping partners stay undisturbed due to restless activity or tossing and turning.
- Durable Base Layer. Helping the mattress keep its shape over time, this high-density foam layer is durable while providing support for those needing moderate pressure relief.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress was great for our testers looking for a lower-cost option with effective cooling properties. Our testers did not experience any overheating and woke up comfortable and cool in the morning.”
The Recore Mattress
Best for Pressure Relief
It's Great For:
The Recore Mattress is a unique Canadian mattress designed for a restorative and cool sleeping experience. This mattress is medium firm and fantastic for all sleeping positions and is our top choice for the best cooling mattress for those needing pressure relief. Active people suffering from achy joints or muscles will find that this mattress provides excellent support and relief.
For those with allergies or who want to wash their mattress cover regularly, the Recore Mattress features a zip-off and washable antimicrobial cover infused with SilverCharged threads for those with allergies or who want to wash their mattress cover regularly. This cover does a great job of helping to reduce bacteria and move heat and moisture away from your body.
The top layer of the Recore Mattress is made of Graphite Latex Foam, designed to lower your core temperature throughout the night; continuously dispersing all trapped heat so sleepers do not wake up hot and sweaty.
Directly below this layer of latex foam is a layer of cooling gel foam, further regulating temperatures while also providing relief and support to your deepest pressure points. For those who are athletes or exercise regularly, this layer helps alleviate pain in joints and the back.
The foundation of the Recore Mattress is a thick layer of high-density foam, helping with overall mattress durability and motion isolation for co-sleepers. Those who are particularly active will enjoy the support and pressure relief the Recore Mattress offers while keeping you cool throughout the night.
- Antimicrobial Cover. Infused with SilverCharged threads, this cover reduces bacteria, is machine washable and helps wick heat and moisture throughout the night.
- Graphite Latex Foam. Heat-regulating latex foam helps channel heat away from sleepers. This layer of responsive foam also helps cradles and supports most sleeping positions.
- Cooling Gel Layer. For those who sleep extra hot, this layer of cooling gel foam further reduces body temperatures while providing pressure relief for those suffering from joint or back pain.
- Supportive Base. Made of high-density foam, this thick and durable base of the Recore Mattress prevents motion transfer between co-sleepers and comforts those who need additional support while recovering from activity.
Our Expert’s Take
“We found that our testers woke up sweat-free, even those who sleep extremely hot. Our most athletic testers woke up comfortable and rested and found their deepest pressure points to be free of pain.”
The Endy Mattress
Best All-Foam Mattress
It's Great For:
For those looking for a great all-foam mattress with cooling properties, the Endy Original Mattress is a fantastic choice. As our pick for the best all-foam cooling mattress, this mattress has a breathable cover and multiple layers of airy and breathable foam. At a lower cost than some others on our list today, the Endy Original is a simple, high-quality mattress that delivers on many counts, including motion isolation and pressure relief.
The Endy Original has a top micro-quilted cover that is machine washable and easily removed. Soft and breathable, this cover helps keep the air fresh and clean while releasing trapped heat closest to your body.
Keeping you cool throughout the night is primarily due to the first layer of Endy Comfort Foam, made with open-cell technology that further releases heat and regulates your temperature. This layer is supportive and cushioning, making it great for those seeking pressure relief or who suffer from back pain.
For Canadians who co-sleep, the Endy Transition Layer prevents motion transfer from even the most restless partners. The bottom base of the Endy Original is created from high-density foam, ensuring the mattress won’t break down as fast as other mattresses over time, making it incredibly durable.
All the foam layers of the Endy Original are considered temperature neutral, which not only helps reduce and stabilize your body temperature night after night and keep you from waking up hot and sweaty but also stabilizes the mattress’s shape even in warmer weather.
- Endy Comfort Foam. The top layer of the Endy Original features foam made with open-cell technology, working hard at keeping Canadians cool while sleeping.
- Micro-Quilt Cover. This washable cover is great for those with allergies or wanting to clean their mattress regularly. Made of a breathable fabric, the air is freely circulated, releasing trapped heat for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Transition Layer. This supportive foam layer provides pressure relief for side and back sleepers, as well as motion isolation for those who co-sleep.
- Support Foam. The durable base of the Endy Original is made from temperature-neutral high-density foam, which is durable and helps keep the mattress from softening due to fluctuating ambient temperatures.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress was supportive and cool and worked great for our testers needing added support. Those of our testers who naturally sleep warm woke up without sweating or overheating.”
Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress
Best Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
The Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress features a plush pillow top, excellent support and a durable coil foundation. These features make the Hush Arctic Luxe extremely cool and comfortable, even for the hottest sleeper. This luxury mattress is our pick for the best hybrid cooling mattress in Canada and would be a great choice for anyone seeking a supportive mattress with temperature control features.
The top layer of the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress is a soft pillow top made of three different materials designed for comfort and temperature regulation. The first layer is made of a special phase change material, which wicks away rising heat. Under that, the memory foam layer made of visco gel microbubbles works hard at wicking away sweat and moisture while further reducing heat. The bottom graphite layer absorbs and disperses any remaining heat buildup, keeping sleepers comfortable and sweat-free throughout the night. These three layers make up the pillowtop of the Hush Mattress and are wrapped in a breathable, antibacterial cover.
The central core of the mattress is made of responsive high-density memory foam, which doesn’t break down as quickly as some other memory foam mattresses on the market. This mattress offers superior motion isolation for those who co-sleep, ensuring even the most restless sleepers do not disrupt their partners.
The base of the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress is made of high-quality tempered Canadian steel coils, all of which are individually wrapped for a quiet night’s sleep. This coil base is durable and designed to stand the test of time. The firmness of the foundation is great for those needing extra pressure relief due to achy joints or back pain, as well as edge sleepers. Canadians who sleep hot will find this mattress comfortable, cool and supportive year after year.
- Cooling Pillow Top. The cooling pillow-top section is crafted from three different foam layers. Each layer is designed to reduce temperature and improve sleep for those who sleep warm.
- Steel Coil Base. Made of individually wrapped steel coils, the base of the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress helps those who need pressure relief sleep pain-free. This foundation is more durable than a foam base and is great for those who sleep near the edge of the bed.
- Antibacterial Cover. The cover of this mattress is made from antibacterial material and is extra breathable. Those who like plus sleeping surfaces will enjoy the quilted and plush cover.
- Memory Foam Core. The middle layer of the mattress is made from high-density memory foam, which has excellent motion isolation for those who co-sleep.
Our Expert’s Take
“For the right sleeper, this mattress feels like sleeping on a comfortable cloud. It’s a supportive mattress that helps reduce temperature and keep you well-supported throughout the night, no matter how you sleep.”
Comparing the Best Cooling Mattresses in Canada
|Best Overall||Silk & Snow Hybrid||Hybrid||Medium Firm (5.5)||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Technology||Octave Horizon||All Foam||Medium Firm (6.5)||365 Nights||15 Years|
|Best for Allergies||Douglas Summit||All Foam||Medium Firm (6.5)||365 Nights||20 Years|
|Best Motion Isolation||Endy Hybrid||Hybrid||Medium Firm (6)||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Organic Mattress||Silk & Snow Organic||Hybrid||Medium Firm (6.5)||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Luxury Mattress||Logan & Cove Frontier||Hybrid||Medium Firm (6.5)||365 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Budget-Conscious||The Silk & Snow||All Foam||Medium (5.5)||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Best for Pressure Relief||The Recore||All Foam||Medium (5)||120 Nights||15 Years|
|Best All-Foam Mattress||The Endy||All Foam||Medium (5.5)||100 Nights||10 Years|
|Best Hybrid Mattress||Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid||Hybrid||Medium Firm (7)||100 Nights||10 Years|
Why Did We Choose These Cooling Mattresses in Canada?
Each of the cooling mattresses we are comparing today was carefully chosen after hours of research and testing. With our professional team and many testers, we poured through all of the feedback and details that make each of these mattresses unique. Here is why we chose each of the cooling mattresses on our list.
With a reinforced perimeter, the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is our choice for the best cooling mattress that you can buy in Canada. It’s extremely cool and breathable, reducing heat throughout the night to keep you comfortable.
With superior cooling properties, motion isolation and pressure relief support, the Octave Horizon Mattress is our choice for the best cooling mattress technology in Canada. Filled with great features and coming in at a moderate price point, this option will be appealing to many Canadians.
Canadians with allergies will appreciate the Douglas Summit Mattress, which we chose as the best cooling mattress for those with allergies. Whether you suffer from seasonal or latex allergies, this mattress combats them both while reducing body temperature.
For those who co-sleep, finding a mattress that helps prevent motion transfer is essential to a peaceful night’s sleep. The Endy Hybrid Mattress is Canada’s best cooling mattress with motion isolation. Restless partners can now sleep undisturbed while heat and moisture are wicked away.
Eco-conscious Canadians will enjoy our pick for the best organic cooling mattress, the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress. This model is made from 100% sustainable materials, all sourced from Canada and uses these natural fibres to keep users cool rather than chemicals.
Want a plush and luxurious mattress with cooling properties? We chose the Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress as Canada’s best luxury mattress. This mattress will have you sleeping heat free, which is hard to accomplish for most Euro-top mattresses. Its soft surface is like sleeping on a cloud and is great for those wanting a plush surface.
Buying a high-quality Canadian mattress shouldn’t break the bank, and the Silk & Snow Mattress is the best cooling mattress for those who are budget-conscious. This all-foam mattress is low-cost while still delivering support and comfort while sleeping sweat-free.
Whether you are an athlete or just like to exercise regularly, finding a mattress that helps muscle recovery and keeps body temperatures down overnight can be tricky. Luckily, we found that the Recore Mattress does both of those things, providing comfort and support while lowering the heat and is our choice for the best cooling mattress for pressure relief.
The Endy Mattress is a simple yet effective mattress that is our pick for the best all-foam cooling mattress in Canada. This mattress features multiple foam layers that are supportive and comfortable while helping sleepers regulate their body temperature.
The Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress is our pick for Canada’s best hybrid cooling mattress. It features a plush pillowtop, a supportive base and multiple layers of cooling material to wick away heat.
Cooling Mattress FAQs
Yes! All the mattresses featured above in our review today are manufactured and shipped out of Canada. Some may use cooling materials from other locations to provide the best value and sleep for you. Make sure to check the manufacturer’s website to confirm that all mattresses are made and shipped from Canada.
All-foam mattresses tend to sleep a bit warmer than hybrid mattress. To counteract this, many foam mattresses (particularly memory foam mattresses) use cooling gel foams, breathable materials, and perforated foams to reduce heat. Hybrid mattresses have more natural breathability due to the pocket coils in the base, which help circulate cooler air through the core of the mattress.
If you are looking for a mattress to banish your night sweats, consider options made with gel memory foam, latex, and breathable layers. Hybrid mattresses provide better airflow throughout the mattress, which can help reduce heat. You should look for materials that promote breathability, wick away moisture, and neutralize heat.
A cooling mattress is a great place to start if you are trying to reduce night sweats and cool down throughout the night. If a cooling mattress isn’t enough, you can look for mattress toppers, cooling sheets, and other cooling measures like the BedJet. When used with a cooling mattress, these options can ensure that you don’t overheat at night.
None of the mattresses on our list are double-sided mattresses. In fact, most of the options you will find on the Canadian market are one-sided mattresses, which means they are constructed in a specific way to provide the most benefit to you. You shouldn’t flip your mattress, as it may become uncomfortable and fail to provide these benefits.
Cooling gel foam doesn’t degrade faster than other mattress materials, and should continue working for 10 to 15 years. In most cases, this means that the cooling gel foam will outlast the rest of the materials in the mattress. You should replace your mattress every 7 to 10 years, so the cooling gel layers will usually work for as long as you own the mattress.
Cooling mattresses don’t actually lower your body temperature. Rather, they remove heat and excess thermal energy from the sleep environment, which can help reduce heat surrounding your body. The materials used for cooling the mattress simply keep the mattress cool, which can provide relief for those who sleep hot. This doesn’t mean that a cooling mattress will make you cold at night or reduce your body temperature as you sleep.