When it’s time to choose a new mattress, brick-and-mortar stores can become overwhelming. You may pay more, and you have to figure out how to get your mattress delivered. Choosing to purchase a bed in a box mattress online can reduce the hassle on your part. These mattresses are just as comfortable and supportive as the options found in brick-and-mortar retailers. You may even pay less!
While choosing a mattress can still be difficult, we’re here to help. We’ve put together a list of the best bed in a box mattresses in Canada to help you make a decision. These mattresses are evaluated in our test lab, then sent home with our team of dedicated testers for the length of a standard mattress sleep trial. The results of those tests helped us recommend only the best mattresses to you.
Spoiler Alert – Here’s Our Pick for Best Bed in a Box Mattress in Canada of 2023
The Best Canadian Bed in a Box Mattresses – Our Top Picks
- Best Overall – Silk & Snow Hybrid
- Best for Support – Logan & Cove Frontier
- Best Sleep Trial – The Douglas
- Best Hybrid – The Endy Hybrid
- Best Specialty Foam – Octave Horizon
- Best Organic – Silk & Snow Organic
- Best for Couples – The Endy
- Best Pocketed Coil – The Brunswick
- Best for Active Canadians – The Recore
- Best Cooling – Hush Arctic Luxe
- Best Technology – Polysleep Origin
- Best Firm – The Noa
Why Did We Choose These Bed in a Box Mattresses for Canadians?
The mattresses on our list were evaluated in our test lab and by a team of dedicated home testers. As we received feedback, we identified areas where these mattresses stood out above the others. Here is why each of the best bed in a box mattresses in Canada made our list in 2023.
The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is the best bed in a box mattress in Canada. With comforting hybrid coils and a host of features to keep you cool and comfortable, this mattress excels in every category.
Logan & Cove offers the best mattress for support in Canada. The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress features a plush Euro-top section made of comforting layers of foam and fill. Strong support and a cooling sleep surface put this mattress in a league of its own.
If you want to try your mattress before you commit to it, you should go with the Douglas Mattress. This all-foam mattress features the longest sleep trial on the Canadian market. You’ll have a full year to try the mattress before deciding if it works for you.
The Endy Hybrid Mattress is the best hybrid mattress on our list. It uses zoned pocket coils to provide additional support, particularly for those who need help in the lumbar region. This mattress features Endy’s comforting motion isolation foam with responsive coils, making it a great choice for those who need a little more than all-foam options offer.
If you want a unique sleep experience, consider the Octave Horizon Mattress. This mattress uses layers of specialty foams to create a sleep experience you won’t find elsewhere.
Eco-conscious Canadians will love the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress. This option uses natural and organic materials, including GOTS-certified cotton and GOLS-certified latex. You’ll also find natural wool and supportive pocket coils in this comfortably firm mattress.
The Endy Mattress, on the other hand, is perfect for couples and co-sleepers. This mattress features superior motion isolation when compared to similar all-foam mattresses. The open-cell foam traps motion as it happens, so your partner’s motions from the other side of the bed won’t wake you up.
While there are quite a few pocket coil mattresses on our list, the Brunswick Mattress offers some of the best pocket springs in Canada. These individually-pocketed coils help reduce motion transfer and improve breathability, with firmer coils through the centre of the mattress to provide increased lumbar pain relief.
Active Canadians will benefit most from the Recore Mattress. This mattress uses layers of responsive cooling foam to improve your sleep. You are less likely to wake up through the night and the quality of your sleep is much better as a result.
The Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress is the best option on our list for cooling. It uses Hush Iced cooling tech, which includes three different colling layers, including phase-changing materials. Together, these layers help reduce heat while you sleep so you won’t wake up uncomfortable.
If you want a mattress that does the most it can for you, consider the Polysleep Origin Mattress. This award-winning mattress offers advanced features, such as plush antimicrobial foams and motion and vibration-isolating foams. This medium-firm mattress protects against bacteria, dust mites, and more, so you can rest easy.
Finally, the Noa Mattress is the best firm mattress on our list. This option is a little firmer than some of the other options we’ve covered, but it also features better support and comfort as a result. Canadians in all sleeping positions can appreciate the way this firmer mattress feels.
Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is the best bed in a box mattress in Canada. This mattress uses a host of features to keep you comfortable throughout the night, no matter what type of sleep difficulties you have. It can help keep you cool, reduce allergy triggers, and provide better pressure relief and support throughout.
Silk & Snow uses only the best materials, and they are transparent about their sources. The Silk & Snow Hybrid is made with materials produced locally in Toronto, Ontario. The foam, coils, and fabric are all made right here in Canada using recycled materials when possible, with an aim towards using less energy than normal mattress production.
This mattress features five layers of foam, fabric, and coils to help you stay comfortable, cool, and well-supported through the night. The top layer is an antimicrobial fabric cover that prevents the growth of bacteria. If you suffer from allergies, this cover can help eliminate triggers that keep you up at night.
Beneath the cover are two layers of foam. The first is a quilted foam that promotes airflow. It prevents heat from building up under you as you sleep, but also lends the top of the mattress a soft, plush surface that you can sink into. A second layer of high-density memory foam reduces pressure points, eliminating discomfort even if you spend all night in the same position.
The final layer of the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is a pocket coil base. Up to 1,200 coils (in the California King size) are individually pocketed to help reduce motion transfer and provide more customized support. This layer is zoned, so the coils in the centre of the mattress are firmer. Since they are harder to compress, they offer better long-term support. Surrounding the pocket coils is a layer of edge support foam, which reduces sinking and sagging at the edges of the mattress.
The Silk & Snow Hybrid mattress is the best bed in a box mattress in Canada because of its transparency, high-quality materials, and dedication to your comfort. This medium-firm option is best for a wide range of sleepers, particularly those who sleep on their sides or stomachs. Thanks to Silk & Snow’s 100-night sleep trial, you can try this mattress before you commit to purchasing it.
- Zoned Lumbar Support. Firmer coils through the centre of the mattress provide better support. This helps reduce lumbar strain and leads to a more comfortable sleep overall.
- Cooling Surface. Between the additional airflow offered by the hybrid coils, cooling foams, and a quilted foam cover, this mattress reduces overheating. You won’t wake up with night sweats if you usually sleep warm.
- Edge Support. A layer of edge support foam helps prevent sagging around the edges of the mattress. If you sit or sleep near the edge of the mattress, this can make all the difference.
- Reduces Motion Transfer. Pocket coils compress individually, reducing motion transfer throughout the support layer. Multiple layers of foam help stop motion as it happens, so you won’t wake up when your partner tosses and turns.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress helps keeps you cool, supported, and comfortable throughout the night. We were very impressed by the construction of this mattress. Silk & Snow uses premium, transparent materials to produce high-quality mattresses.”
Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress
Best for Support
It's Great For:
The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress is a luxurious option that features an integrated Euro-top section, two layers of coils, and multiple cooling features. The design of this mattress makes it one of the best pillow top mattresses in Canada, which means those who prefer to stay cool while they relax in comfort will truly appreciate this mattress.
This hybrid uses layers of eco-conscious foams along with different types of coils to provide a unique medium-firm experience. The Euro-top cover uses CryoFusion cooling nanofibres to immediately reduce temperatures, wicking heat and moisture away so you won’t overheat. Underneath the cover is a layer of hollow fibre fill and quilted gel-infused foam, which work together to reduce extreme temperatures throughout the night.
The first layer of foam after the Euro-top section is made with ecoLuxe Cooling Gel Foam. This foam is a proprietary blend that is designed to maintain the feel of luxury memory foam without retaining heat or allowing you to feel as though you are stuck in the mattress. This foam is made with less carbon than standard cooling gel foam, too – you can sleep easy knowing that the environment is a little safer.
Under the cooling foam is the first layer of coils. The Aeroduct micro-coils help contour to your body, pushing cooler air up to you and providing adaptive support where you need it. You won’t feel these coils, either. They are soft and work well within the construction of the mattress. Next is a layer of Elastex, a hypoallergenic latex alternative. This soy-infused foam helps cradle your body, relieve the deepest pressure points, and maintain responsiveness. If you move around a lot during the night and need a mattress that will keep up with you, this is a great choice.
Finally, the base coil layer offers zoned support. Five pocket coil zones help give you the support you need, promote better airflow, and stop motion as it happens. Softer coils under your shoulders and knees prevent strain and pressure, while firmer coils under your hips keep you properly aligned and comfortable. This layer also features a firm coil perimeter, which prevents sagging and sinking at the edges of the mattress. If you sleep near the edge or sit to get ready for your day, you’ll find that this mattress offers more support in this area than most other bed in the box mattresses.
The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress is great for side and stomach sleepers, as it offers plush comfort and alignment with a strong support base. You can try it for a full year (365 nights) after your purchase to make sure it’s the perfect mattress for you. Once you decide to keep this mattress, you’ll have a 15-year warranty to protect against any issues.
- Elastex Foam Layer. A layer of Elastex foam, a hypoallergenic latex alternative, keeps this mattress responsive and comfortable. It’s made without the chemicals that usually cause allergic reactions.
- Euro-Top Section. The integrated Euro-top section is made with breathable fibre and quilted gel memory foam to provide a plush sleeping surface without any heat buildup.
- Zoned Support. The 9” pocket coil layer is zoned, with five zones of support. The coils are firmer under your hips and at the edges of the mattress, while your shoulder and knees are cushioned without strain.
- 365-Night Sleep Trial. Logan & Cove offers one of the longest sleep trials on the Canadian market. You’ll have a full year to determine if this mattress is right for you.
Our Expert’s Take
“The support and cooling properties of the Logan & Cove Frontier mattress are unparalleled. Add in the plush, comfortable Euro-top and you have a bed our testers didn’t want to get out of!”
The Douglas Mattress
Best Sleep Trial
It's Great For:
When you purchase a mattress online, you are buying it without getting to test it out. Most of the time, the best bed in a box mattresses in Canada are not available at brick-and-mortar retailers, so you don’t get any time with the mattress before you buy. The Douglas Mattress is not the first option to offer a risk-free, in-home sleep trial, but it does provide one of the longest testing periods on the Canadian market. For a full year after you purchase the Douglas Mattress, you can try it to see if it works for you. If it doesn’t, you’ll get a full refund of your purchase price.
This gives you enough time to test the feel of the mattress. The medium-firm surface is great for most Canadians, particularly side and back sleepers. This mattress is supportive without being too firm or too soft. It also aims to reduce the discomfort or inconveniences usually associated with all-foam mattresses. You’ll find better cooling features, motion isolation, and eco-conscious foam layers that most Canadians can appreciate.
The intuitive construction of this mattress features three foam layers and a washable cover. The Douglas CoolSense cover is removable and washable. It’s made with sustainable Infinitex fibres, meaning it wicks away moisture so you sleep cool and comfortable throughout the night. This cover is the first line of defence against heat build-up, which is common with all-foam options.
Inside the cover, you’ll find three layers of foam. The first is luxurious ecoLight gel foam. This 2” layer of foam is made with up to 40% less carbon than standard memory foam. This makes it better for the environment but doesn’t change how the mattress feels. You’ll get the same high-density foam feel you expect from a high-quality mattress. The middle layer is 2 inches of Elastex foam. Elastex is a latex alternative that is made without the chemicals you’d normally find in natural latex mattresses. If you suffer from latex allergies, you can enjoy the responsive, cool feel of this mattress without triggering your allergies. Together, these layers provide excellent pressure relief and cooling features, so you won’t wake up hot or achy.
Finally, the bottom layer is six inches of motion isolation support foam. This layer aligns your body and traps any motion from the other side of the bed. If you often wake up as your partner tosses and turn, you can rest a bit easier on this mattress. It also offers moderate edge support, a rare feature to find in an all-foam mattress.
The Douglas Mattress is one of the most affordable mattresses with advanced comfort features on the Canadian market. After your purchase, the mattress is covered by a 20-year warranty. This mattress is compatible with most foundations, including box foundations, platform beds, adjustable frames, and slatted frames.
- Eco-Conscious Foam Layers. The Douglas Mattress uses two layers of eco-conscious foam. EcoLight is made with 40% less carbon input than standard memory foam, while Elastex is a chemical-free latex alternative.
- Motion Isolation Foam. Tired of waking up when your partner tosses and turns? The Douglas Mattress uses motion isolation support foam to reduce how much you’ll feel from the other side of the bed.
- 365-Night Sleep Trial. The Douglas Mattress features one of the longest sleep trials on the Canadian market. You’ll have a full year to decide if this mattress is right for you!
- Machine Washable Cover. The cover can be zipped off and washed with the rest of your bedding. This makes it easy to refresh your bed and keep your sleeping space clean.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Douglas Mattress is a great option for Canadians who might be skeptical about all-foam mattresses. Every feature removes or reduces common complaints with foam mattresses, from better temperature control to superior pressure relief.”
Endy Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
The Endy Hybrid Mattress is another great option from Endy, a Canadian company with a focus on making simple mattresses by Canadians, for Canadians. This option offers hybrid support in the form of a pocket coil support layer. The coils here are extremely high-quality. They are individually pocketed to prevent motion transfer and promote airflow, but they are also zoned. This means that firmer coils line the edges of the support layer and run through the middle of the mattress.
These firmer coils offer robust lumbar support for those who need it. They are harder to compress, meaning you won’t sink into them like you might with softer coils. The additional firm edge perimeter is great for those who sit on the edge of the bed in the morning. While traditional all-foam mattresses might sink or slide at the edges, the edge support here keeps you comfortable.
The top of this mattress features a plush, quilted cover. It’s soft to the touch and lined with foam. It feels like sinking into a cloud, enough to allow you to get comfortable without feeling as though you are sinking too far into the mattress. The first layer of foam is Endy’s proprietary comfort foam. This medium-firm layer is extremely responsive so you can move around easily. Endy’s open-cell foam also provides additional airflow, breathability, and motion isolation than standard memory foam.
A middle layer of transition foam helps keeps you aligned and comfortable. It cushions your pressure points so you don’t wake up with aches and pains from sleeping in one position too long. This layer also provides robust motion isolation, so you can sleep soundly while your partner tosses and turns. The transition layer also cushions the coils below, so you don’t feel them as you fall asleep.
That leads us right into the zoned coil support layer, which features high-carbon steel coils throughout. These quiet springs are durable and help provide excellent support, far surpassing most all-foam mattresses. The final layer is a unique touch for the Endy Hybrid Mattress. At the bottom of the mattress, you’ll find a layer of high-density support foam. This layer helps the mattress keep its shape, provides better support without sagging, and ensures that your mattress lasts for many years to come.
As with the original Endy mattress, you’ll have 100 nights to try the mattress before you decide to keep it. Once you do, you’ll have a 15-year warranty that protects against major defects. The Endy Hybrid mattress is compatible with box springs, slatted frames, and adjustable frames.
- Zoned Pocket Coils. The support layer in the Endy Hybrid mattress is made with high-carbon steel pocket coils, which are zoned for better edge and lumbar support.
- Plush Cover. The quilted cover of this mattress provides a layer of cushion, so you can sink comfortably to sleep. This cover is soft and comfortable, too.
- Zero Motion Transfer. Like the original Endy mattress, the Endy Hybrid reduces motion transfer throughout the mattress. You’ll sleep more comfortably, even if you usually wake up when your partner moves around.
- Highly Compatible. The Endy Hybrid Mattress is suitable for box springs, slatted frames, and adjustable frames. Additionally, it offers comfort and support that most sleeping positions can enjoy.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Endy Hybrid mattress is a great choice for those who need a little extra support. While the original Endy Mattress provided a great suite of features, the Endy Hybrid expands on those features to add additional support and alignment for those in need.”
Octave Horizon Mattress
Best Specialty Foam
It's Great For:
The Octave Horizon Mattress is a specialty mattress that reduces temperature, and motion transfer, and keeps you comfortable throughout the night. No matter how you sleep, you’ll be able to find some degree of comfort in the Octave Horizon. The combination of foam layers helps with any sleep issues you may have issues with.
First is the CryoFusion nanofibre cover. This cover is woven with fibres that wick away heat and moisture, reducing temperature immediately when you lay down. This cover helps keep you comfortable, too. The first layer of foam is CopperGel memory foam, a type of foam that is infused with copper. The copper conducts heat away from you. The PolarMAX phase-changing material across the centre of the mattress maintains a constant temperature, removing heat so you can sleep more comfortably.
The middle of the mattress features three layers of comfortable foam. The first is aerated latex, a responsive layer with hundreds of breathable perforations to vent heat easily. Next is ecoLuxe, a foam that feels just like a standard memory foam. It’s more responsive, however, and is made with 40% less carbon. This layer also helps reduce temperature and improves pressure relief. The final layer in the centre of the mattress is premium Elastecx, which offers a way to move around easily on the mattress. It also helps reduce uncomfortable pressure points.
The final layer is made with a high-density support foam. This layer uses air channels to vent away any remaining heat, moving cooler air up through the mattress to keep the core of the mattress cool. This layer is separated into five pressure-relief zones. These zones help balance your body, aligning your spine and providing more comprehensive support than you might have otherwise.
- Multiple Cooling Technologies. This mattress features layers of cooling options, from the CryoFusion cover to phase-changing materials, infused foams, aerated layers, and air channels to keep you from overheating.
- Specialty Foam Layers. Multiple layers of different types of foam combine to create a mattress with superior cooling, pressure relief, and motion isolation.
- Reduced Motion Transfer. A restless partner can keep you awake, but this mattress isolates motion so you won’t be disturbed. The foams reduce both motion and vibration for full coverage.
- Great Pressure Relief. If you usually wake up with pressure points, the Octave Horizon Mattress may be able to help you. Multiple layers reduce pressure, keeping you comfortable throughout the night.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Octave Horizon Mattress is one of the best options for those who prefer a luxurious sleep. This mattress ticks all the boxes, from cooling to pressure relief, motion isolation, and beyond.”
Silk & Snow Organic Mattress
It's Great For:
The Silk & Snow Organic Mattress is the best organic option on our list. This mattress uses all-natural and organic materials, so you can rest easy knowing that you aren’t sleeping on layers of chemically-processed foams. In fact, the only foam used in the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress is GOLS Certified latex. Like all of the materials used in this mattress, you can trace this latex back to an ethical source that doesn’t manufacture with additional chemicals.
This mattress is also one of the most supportive options on our list. With firmer foams and zoned support coils, you’ll find that this mattress keeps you perfectly aligned so you don’t wake up with aches and pains. The cover of this mattress is made with GOTS Certified organic cotton. The cover is extremely soft and breathable. Cotton naturally wicks away moisture to retain a cool, dry feel throughout the night.
Beneath is a layer of natural New Zealand wool. Wool helps promote airflow, but it’s also naturally fire-resistant. Since mattresses have to be manufactured with fire-resistant materials, this layer allows the rest of the mattress to limit synthetic fire retardants. That means fewer chemicals in your mattress overall. The middle transition layer is made with GOLS Certified Dunlop latex. It’s natural, reducing synthetic blends and the chemicals that come with them. This layer is responsive but supportive.
Finally, the support layer features zoned, pocketed coils with strong edge support and lumbar relief. The coils around the perimeter of this layer and through the centre of the mattress are firmer, meaning they are more difficult to compress. This means you’ll get additional support in these areas, which is where many Canadians need it most. The coils also help limit motion transfer and promote airflow, so you can sleep comfortably and well-aligned.
The Silk & Snow Organic mattress is a bit firmer than some of the other options on this list. Though it is still a medium-firm mattress, it’s firmer than most of the others we’ve covered. If a firmer mattress appeals to you, you’ll love this option. You can try it for 100 nights after your purchase to make sure it’s the right mattress for you. Afterwards, you’ll have a 15-year warranty that protects against manufacturing defects.
- Natural Materials. All of the materials used in this mattress, from organic cotton to natural wool and latex, are completely natural. You can verify the source of each material, so you know you’re getting the best.
- Certified Organic Latex. While most latex mattresses are made with synthetic blends, The Silk & Snow Organic Mattress uses natural Dunlop latex gathered from Sri Lanka. It doesn’t contain the same chemicals as standard synthetic latex.
- Zoned Support Base. The zoned support base helps this mattress remain firm and supportive. If you need extra lumbar support, this mattress can help you stay comfortable.
- Transparent Sources. Silk & Snow is dedicated to being transparent about the sources of their materials. You can trace each part of the mattress back to an ethical source that is an expert in their field.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Silk & Snow Organic mattress offers firm support that you can trust. The natural and organic materials work together to provide a mattress that feels good for your body and your mind.”
Best for Couples
It's Great For:
The Endy Mattress offers one of the best sleep experiences for couples, especially those who are restless sleepers. Are you tired of waking up when your partner tosses and turns? Worried that your constant movement is keeping your partner awake? The Endy Mattress solves these issues by trapping motion as it happens, reducing shaking and bouncing from the other side of the bed. You can sleep easier, even if you usually sleep light. It works by using an open-cell memory foam construction. The open cells trap motion, absorbing it so it doesn’t reach the other side of the bed.
These open cells also provide better airflow throughout the mattress. While the Endy mattress might not be ideal for those who sleep extremely hot, it can reduce mild temperatures to keep you comfortable. The foam layers are also temperature-neutral, meaning they will feel the same regardless of the season. Most standard foam mattresses naturally soften when it gets warmer in your bedroom, or become firmer when it’s cold. If you need your mattress to feel the same year-round, this mattress is the perfect option for you.
This mattress is constructed with three foam layers wrapped in a removable micro-quilted cover. This cover stretches over the foam layers, creating a soft and breathable surface that won’t bunch up as you move around. You can zip it off and wash it when it’s time to refresh your bedding, too.
The first layer of foam within the mattress is Endy Comfort Foam. This layer is made with breathable open-cell foam that promotes airflow. It still does a great job of supporting and cradling your body without allowing you to feel as though you are stuck in the mattress. The middle layer of transition foam cushions the deepest pressure points so you don’t wake up with aches. This layer provides great support no matter how you sleep. This layer is also responsible for most of the motion isolation properties of this mattress.
Finally, the support layer is made of durable support foam. This layer helps align your body, keeping your spine in the perfect position so you can rest comfortably. No matter how you sleep, this layer can help provide much-needed support. The Endy Mattress offers a 100-night risk-free sleep trial, which allows you to test the mattress before committing to your purchase. If you decide that the mattress works for you, you’ll have a 15-year warranty that protects against manufacturing flaws. You can use this mattress with most foundations, too.
- Temperature-Neutral Foam. Endy’s unique foam layers aren’t affected by ambient temperature. While other mattresses may get firmer in the winter and softer in the summer, you can count on Endy to maintain ideal firmness year-round.
- Outstanding Motion Isolation. The Endy mattress uses open-cell foam for active motion isolation. Each cell traps motion as it happens, preventing it from travelling across the mattress. You’ll sleep better even when your partner tosses and turns.
- Ultra-Breathable Foam. The open-cell structure of the foam layers reduces heat build-up. The open cells allow for better airflow throughout the mattress, so you won’t wake up hot.
- Extremely Responsive. The Endy Mattress delivers great pressure relief without the quicksand feeling of standard memory foam. You can move around a bit easier on the surface of this mattress.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Endy Mattress is one of the best mattresses on the Canadian market for couples and those who co-sleep. The open-cell foam traps motion, so you can sleep undisturbed even when your partner is tossing and turning throughout the night.”
Best Pocketed Coils
It's Great For:
The Brunswick Mattress is a unique hybrid option that uses firm zoned pocket coils, a plush pillow top, and a sustainable cover. This medium-firm mattress is ideal for those who sleep on their sides or stomach, as the plush surface and underlying support provide perfect alignment for those who need a little extra help. The individual pocket coils used here help isolate motion, improve airflow, and provide lumbar support across the centre of the mattress.
The plush pillow top section provides a comforting feel for this mattress, while the firmer support from the layers below provides better full-body alignment and weight distribution. This mattress is designed to be cool and comfortable, with temperature control features and motion isolation to keep you asleep throughout the night.
The cover on the Brunswick mattress is made with locally-grown Canadian hemp fibres, which add a cool, comfortable touch. The cover is quilted for more uniform pressure relief and plushness. This cover is completely sustainable and better for the environment than some options available on the Canadian market. Directly below the cover is a layer of euro-top fill. This lightweight fibre is cloud-like and soft without being too dense. It’s also more breathable than foam alone.
The pillow top section continues with a layer of cooling gel foam, which helps disperse heat and prevent build-up as you sleep. This layer cushions your pressure points and helps ensure that you don’t wake up hot, sweaty, or uncomfortable throughout the night. Beneath is another layer of foam. This layer is made with soy-infused high-density eco foam. It helps cushion pressure points while aligning your spine, so you are more comfortable overall.
Finally, the support layer features reinforced steel pocket springs, which compress individually to reduce motion transfer. The open design of the coils promotes better airflow, while heavier coils across the centre of the mattress improve lumbar support. The additional boost helps keep you aligned right where you need it. Meanwhile, an encasement of edge support foam keeps you from sliding or sinking at the edges of the mattress, so you get the same level of support no matter where you sleep.
You can try the Brunswick mattress for 120 nights during the risk-free sleep trial. After this sleep trial is complete, you’ll have a full 15-year warranty.
- Edge-to-Edge Support. If you sleep near the edge of the bed, you’ll appreciate the firmer edge support foam perimeter. This addition to the mattress helps to bolster the edges of the bed so there is no sinking, sliding, or loss of support near the edges.
- Zoned Pocket Coils. The support layer features zoned pocket coils, which work to provide better lumbar support while isolating motion individually. These coils help you sleep more comfortably, as they provide better alignment and pressure relief.
- Soft, Sustainable Cover. Brunswick’s cover is made of strong, sustainable hemp fibres straight from local Canadian farms. It’s efficient and more beneficial for the environment to farm hemp, and the cover is plush and comfortable too.
- Cooling Gel Foam Layers. Layers of breathable fill and cooling gel foam contour to your body, providing a cooler sleep for those who sleep warm.
Our Expert’s Take
“We loved how this bed felt. The firm pocket coils are some of the best you will find on the Canadian market. They are stiff and compress easily without being too soft for those who need additional lumbar support.”
Best for Active Canadians
It's Great For:
Are you an active Canadian who needs more restorative sleep than traditional mattresses offer? You might appreciate the Recore Mattress. This mattress is the best bed in a box mattress in Canada for those who need to rest and recoup their muscles after long active days, including athletes and those who do physical labour at work. This mattress uses layers of responsive foam to keep you asleep throughout the night, so you’ll wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on your day.
Recore is a blend of materials and technologies that you won’t find in any other mattress. A combination of SilverCharged technology and graphite-infused foams help reduce bacteria and heat. Meanwhile, layers of transition foam help reduce motion transfer, and the support core of the mattress keeps you aligned and comfortable while you rest. Together, these systems can help your sleep mean more, particularly if your sleep is often interrupted throughout the night.
The cover of the Recore mattress is removable and machine washable. It features SilverCharged technology. This means that the threads used throughout the cover are silver-coated. They are antimicrobial and work to reduce the growth of bacteria and reduce odours. When it’s time to clean up your bed, this cover can be washed and refreshed easily.
The top layer of this mattress is graphite-infused latex foam. This helps regulate heat, dispersing higher temperatures throughout the foam rather than keeping it concentrated in one spot. Excess heat is channelled away so you sleep better, without waking up too hot and uncomfortable. If you suffer from night sweats that make it hard to sleep through the night, this mattress might be the right choice for you.
Next is a layer of transition foam, which helps cradle your pressure points and redistribute your weight. You won’t wake up with aches and pains that keep you up throughout the night. This layer also helps the mattress remain comfortable and responsive, so you’ll get the pressure relief you need without sacrificing your ability to move around as much as you need. Finally, the support base features motion-isolating, high-density foam. If your pets or a restless partner is keeping you up at night, you can fall asleep knowing you won’t feel them moving around on this mattress. This layer reduces motion and keeps you perfectly aligned for the most restful sleep possible
You can try the Recore mattress for up to 120 nights after your purchase to make sure it works for you. Since it takes about a month for your body to get used to a new mattress, this sleep trial gives you plenty of time to try it out. After the sleep trial, you’ll get a 15-year warranty. This mattress is ideal for side sleepers and stomach sleepers.
- SilverCharged Cover. This antimicrobial cover helps deliver a fresh sleeping surface. This antimicrobial cover uses silver-coated thread to prevent bacteria and odours. It’s washable, too.
- Graphite-Infused Latex Foam. A responsive, cooling layer of foam makes the first layer of this mattress. This graphite-infused foam can help wick away heat, leaving you cool and comfortable.
- Great for Athletes. The Recore Mattress was created with athletes in mind. Here, you can sleep through the night without any of the interruptions that usually keep you awake, resulting in more restful sleep.
- Compact and Compatible. This mattress features a relatively small profile and is compatible with box foundations, slatted bases, and platform or adjustable bases.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Recore mattress is one of the best mattress options in Canada for those that need a little extra help rejuvenating their muscles throughout the night. If you are active or need to be at your best, this mattress can help get you there.”
The Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
The Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress is the best bed in a box mattress in Canada for those who sleep hot. This mattress provides multiple layers of cooling materials, including phase-changing materials that react to the temperature in your bed. These layers work together with plush foams and supportive coils to deliver a sleep experience that rises above the other options on the Canadian market.
All of the foams used within the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress are CertiPUR certified. This means that they are free of all harmful chemicals and byproducts. These foams are also antibacterial. They prevent the growth of bacteria and odours that can build up in your mattress over time. If you suffer from allergies, these materials may help you sleep a little more comfortably.
This mattress begins with a phase-changing pillow top section. This is one of the rare occasions where the pillow top section is separated above the core of the mattress. This section contains the pillow-top layer, as well as two layers of foam. The top of the mattress uses a phase-changing material, which filters excess heat away from your body once it reaches a certain temperature. This means that heat won’t build up under you, leading to a cooler sleep overall.
Those who sleep extremely hot will appreciate that the pillow top section includes an additional two layers of cooling foams. The middle layer is cooling gel memory foam, which helps eliminate heat and extreme temperatures. Finally, a thinner layer of graphite-infused memory foam absorbs heat and disperses it more evenly throughout the mattress. This section is separated from the core of the mattress by a separator cart, which supports the pillow top and keeps you elevated out of the support layers of the mattress.
Below the cart is a layer of transition foam, which helps relieve even the deepest pressure points. The pocket coils below can be uncomfortable if you lay directly on them, so this layer helps cushion them to relieve pressure. This layer also traps motion so it doesn’t transfer to the other side of the bed.
The support layer features 8” zoned pocket coils. These coils are zoned, which means that the coils in the middle of the mattress are firmer than those around your shoulder and knees. You’ll get better lumbar support throughout the centre of the mattress, where you need it most. Meanwhile, a firm perimeter of edge support foam reduces sagging, sinking, and sliding when you sit or sleep near the edge of the mattress.
You can try the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress for 100 nights during the risk-free sleep trial. This mattress is compatible with platform, slatted, box foundation, and adjustable bed frames, and works well for heavier side sleepers due to the increased firmness and support.
- CertiPUR Certified Non-Toxic Foams. All foam used in the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress is CertiPUR certified, non-toxic, and prevents the growth of bacteria.
- Firm, Supportive Feel. This is a firmer mattress, which can help provide better support throughout the mattress. A layer of 8” zoned pocket coils bolster lumbar and edge support for a better feel overall.
- Phase-Changing Cooling Materials. Phase-changing cooling foams transfer heat away from you once they reach a certain temperature, making it easy to stay cool as you sleep.
- Superior Motion Isolation. The pocket coils and layers of comfortable foams reduce motion isolation, making it easier than ever to stay asleep while your restless partner tosses and turns.
Our Expert’s Take
“This is a plush, luxurious mattress that is as comfortable as it is cool. Layers of phase-changing materials and gel foam prevent heat from building up as you sleep, so you won’t wake up hot or uncomfortable.”
The Polysleep Origin Mattress
It's Great For:
The Polysleep Origin mattress is the best bed in a box mattress in Canada when it comes to technology. This mattress seems simple, but it uses some advanced materials to provide a cool, comforting sleeping surface for most Canadians. Though this mattress is best suited for those who sleep on their backs or stomachs, it is a comfortable fit for a wide range of Canadian sleepers.
Every layer of foam within the Polysleep Origin Mattress is hypoallergenic and antimicrobial. These materials don’t trap dust and actively prevent the growth of bacteria, so sleepers who suffer from allergies will be able to sleep without interruption. Further, this mattress uses premium hybrid foams, which are more responsive and supportive than traditional memory foam options.
The cover on the Polysleep Origin Mattress is removable and machine washable. It’s made with a blend of polyester and polyviscose, which means that it is soft, comfortable, and repels liquids. If you’re worried bout spills ruining your mattress, this cover can help prevent accidents. Plus, you can wash it whenever you need to refresh your bed. The top layer of comfort foam is made with Polysleep’s hybrid foam. It’s an open-cell foam construction that helps regulate temperature so you don’t overheat during the night.
The middle layer of foam is a plush transition layer that helps eliminate motion transfer. This is ideal for restless sleepers and those who need a little extra help staying asleep throughout the night. This layer removes pressure points, too. Even if you don’t move throughout the night, you won’t wake up feeling stiff and uncomfortable.
Finally, the support base uses high-density foam to ensure the structural integrity of your mattress over time. This layer reduces sagging and wear while aligning your spine and offering extreme support for those who need it. Overall, this mattress features a medium firm feel that appeals to side and back sleepers, with enough plushness to remain comfortable.
You can try the Polysleep Origin mattress for up to 100 nights after your purchase during your risk-free sleep trial. After you decide to keep the mattress, you’ll be covered against major defects for a full term of 10 years.
- Antimicrobial, Hypoallergenic Foams. All of the foam used in this mattress is resistant to dust and bacteria. Those with allergies will be able to sleep soundly on this mattress.
- Open-Cell Foam Layers. This mattress uses open-cell foam layers, which can help reduce motion transfer and regulate your temperature. You’ll sleep without being too hot or too cold when you choose this mattress.
- Better Support. The hybrid viscoelastic foam used in the Polysleep Origin Mattress helps provide better response and support throughout the mattress, comparable to a pocket spring mattress.
- Water Resistant Cover. This mattress’s cover can be removed and washed when you need to refresh your bed. It also resists most water damage, so your mattress stays safe for years to come.
Our Expert’s Take
“The technologies used in this mattress help keep you cool and reduce allergies. Most Canadians can appreciate at least one of the features this mattress offers, but many will be enamoured with all of its offerings.”
The Noa Mattress
It's Great For:
The Noa Mattress is a unique option that features a lot of popular materials and comfort features. It’s one of the firmest mattresses on our list and features a blend of materials, including latex, memory foam, and steel coils. Together, these materials work to create one of the best bed in a box mattresses in Canada for those who need additional support, far beyond what is offered by all-foam mattresses.
This mattress uses certified foam layers, from the latex to the gel-infused memory foam used to cushion your pressure points. All foam layers are REACH certified, which is the European equivalent of CertiPUR-US certification. These layers are safe for human use and contain no VOCs or other harmful chemicals. All foam layers are also bound with water-based adhesives, which help keep you cool throughout the night.
The cover is hand-tufted Tencel, which creates a comfortably plush pillow top that is lined with cooling latex foams. This cover helps reduce body impression and wrinkles over time, so your bed continues to look great throughout years of use. It’s also extremely breathable, antibacterial, and hypoallergenic to reduce allergic reactions.
The second layer is cooling latex, which cradles your body and provides additional responsiveness and bounce. This layer helps the mattress retain some plush feel, which can reduce pressure points by balancing your body and providing customized support. The middle layer is gel memory foam, which further relieves pressure and contours to your body for additional relief. This cooling material wicks away heat so you don’t overheat throughout the night, too.
A layer of transition foam adapts to motion and movement, which isolates motion as it happens. This means you won’t feel when your partner tosses and turns throughout the night. This layer also cushions the pocket coils, so you won’t feel them when you get comfortable. Finally, the core layer is made with extremely durable and supportive pocket springs. These coils balance your body, reduce strain, and keep you aligned to prevent discomfort throughout the night. The open design also increases airflow to keep cooler air circulating throughout the mattress.
Finally, you’ll find that this mattress offers increased edge support with a layer of perimeter encasement foam. No matter where you sleep on this mattress, you’ll find yourself comfortable and cool. To make sure that this mattress is perfect for you, you can try it for 120 nights after your purchase. Manufacturing defects are covered by a 15-year warranty.
- Certified Foam Layers. All memory foam and latex layers used in this mattress are REACH certified, which is the European equivalent to the US’s CertiPUR-US certification. This means they are free of VOCs.
- Responsive and Comfortable. Layers of memory foam and latex provide a comfortable, responsive mattress that gives you support right where you need it. The mattress feels just a bit plush, with a firmer support structure for those who need it.
- Cooling Gel Foams. Layers of cooling gel foams reduce heat, so higher temperatures don’t build up under you as you sleep. These foams contour to your body to provide great pressure relief, too.
- Firm Pocket Springs. The layer of pocketed coils is extremely supportive and durable. Though these coils are firmer than some of the other options we’ve looked at, they are also extremely breathable.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress has a firmer feel than some of the other options we tested. That means it’s ideal for those who need increased support, as well as users who suffer from back pain. The materials work together to provide the ideal mattress experience.”
Comparing the Best Canadian Bed in a Box Mattresses
|Silk & Snow Hybrid||Best Overall||12"||Medium-Firm (6.5)||Hybrid||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Logan & Cove Frontier||Best for Support||13.5"||Medium-Firm (6.5)||Hybrid||365 Nights||15 Years|
|Douglas||Best Sleep Trial||10"||Medium-Firm (6)||All Foam||365 Nights||20 Years|
|Endy Hybrid||Best Hybrid||13"||Medium-Firm (6)||Hybrid||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Octave Horizon||Best Specialty Foam||14"||Medium-Firm (6.5)||All Foam||365 Nights||15 Years|
|Silk & Snow Organic||Best Organic||12"||Medium-Firm (7)||Hybrid||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Endy||Best for Couples||10"||Medium-Firm (5.5)||All Foam||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Brunswick||Best Pocketed Coils||12"||Medium-Firm (6.5)||Hybrid||120 Nights||15 Years|
|Recore||Best for Active Canadians||10.5"||Medium-Firm (5.5)||All Foam||120 Nights||15 Years|
|Hush Arctic Luxe||Best Cooling||13"||Medium-Firm (7)||Hybrid||100 Nights||10 Years|
|Polysleep Origin||Best Technology||10"||Medium-Firm (6.5)||All Foam||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Noa||Best Firm||11"||Medium-Firm (7)||Hybrid||120 Nights||15 Years|
How We Tested the Best Bed in a Box Mattresses in Canada
Every mattress that made our list earned its spot. We extensively tested each of the bed in a box mattresses here (and many others) to determine which ones delivered the best experience in several different performance areas. Years of experience taught us to look at these specific areas:
- Temperature Control. Lots of Canadians sleep hot. When it gets warmer in the summer months, many reports waking up hot or sweaty. To combat this, a great bed-in-a-box mattress has to control temperature. Most memory foam-based mattresses in Canada can allow heat to build up as you sleep, but we tested temperature control features extensively to make sure you wouldn’t overheat.
- Edge Support. Edge support makes sitting on the edge of the bed feel less like a balancing act. Supportive edges offer the same experience from one side of the mattress to the other – no matter how close to the edge you sit or sleep.
- Motion Isolation. Restless partner waking you up? Many Canadians spend hours sleepless due to a partner’s restlessness. Motion isolation features help reduce how much you feel from the other side of the mattress. For couples and co-sleepers, this feature is essential.
- Pressure Relief. No one wants to wake up uncomfortable. A mattress with great pressure relief can reduce pressure points, those uncomfortable places that form when you spend too long sleeping in one position. If this is an issue you struggle with, a mattress with better pressure relief is just what you need.
Benefits of a Bed in a Box Mattress in Canada
Online mattress shopping is a relatively new concept. Some Canadians hesitate to purchase a mattress online, particularly because you can’t try it before you buy. Isn’t it easier to go to the nearest brick-and-mortar mattress store to purchase your new mattress?
While you could, buying a mattress online is easier, less expensive, and often allows you to find a mattress that might work better for you. Here are some of the top benefits of purchasing a mattress online:
- Extended sleep trial to try the mattress. Most mattresses you can purchase online come with a sleep trial, ranging from 60 nights to 365 nights. During this time, you can try the mattress to see if it works for you. You can return the mattress if you don’t like it.
- You can shop at your own pace. Going to a mattress store can be a bit overwhelming, especially when you don’t know what you’re looking for. Salespeople want to help but can leave you with more questions than answers. Instead of rushing the process, buying a mattress from an online retailer allows you to look over each feature. You can compare it to other mattresses, read mattress reviews, and become more familiar with your options before making a choice.
- It’s cheaper. Buying a mattress online might not seem like it would be cheaper, but it is. Online mattress retailers aren’t subject to the same overhead costs that most mattress stores are. They don’t need to employ salespeople, pay for showrooms, or pay manufacturer premiums. Since you’re buying a mattress directly from a manufacturer, you’re getting the best and most affordable price for a mattress in Canada. They can even offer free shipping because of their lower costs.
- No more delivery fees. You don’t have to find someone with a truck to get your mattress home. It’s shipped right to your home for free. It’s packaged tightly so it doesn’t get damaged, and you don’t have to worry about any of the logistics. It’s simple and easy!
With so many benefits, why wouldn’t you buy a mattress online? If you’re ready to get the process started, we can help!
How to Buy a Mattress in a Box in Canada Online
Once you’ve decided to purchase a mattress online, how do you start? There are a few things you should keep in mind about the process of purchasing a mattress online. Purchasing a mattress online is even easier than buying from a brick-and-mortar store. Here are the things you should consider as you go through the process of ordering a mattress online.
Choosing a Mattress
In the next section, we’ll look at some of the things you should keep in mind before choosing a mattress. These tips are mostly concerned with your preferences. While the type of mattress you choose is important, the process is just as critical.
When you’re shopping for a mattress in a box in Canada, you should look at all of the details available on the manufacturer’s website. Look at user reviews, compare the construction and materials, and keep an eye on sleep trial and warranty terms.
You should also see where the mattress is made. A mattress made in Canada isn’t just patriotic – it’s often less expensive. While mattresses made elsewhere might need to be imported, a Canadian-made mattress is shipped domestically without any added import or shipping costs. Keep this in mind.
Some mattresses on our list are exclusive to Canada, while others are also available in America. Most companies make their mattresses in the country where it’s ordered to avoid these costs. Just because a mattress isn’t exclusive doesn’t mean it’s made in America.
A sleep trial allows you to try the mattress for an extended period before you commit to the purchase. Sleep trials usually start the day you receive the mattress and last for between 60 and 365 nights. The length of the sleep trial varies by manufacturer, so make sure to double-check this before buying your mattress.
During the sleep trial, you’ll have a chance to use the mattress for the first 30 days to decide if it works for you. It usually takes about 30 days for your body to become used to a mattress, so most companies require that you keep it for at least this long.
After 30 days have passed, you can initiate a return. As long as you’re within the sleep trial period, you can return the mattress for free. You’ll receive a refund of your full purchase price, so it’s risk-free. Most returned mattresses are donated to those in need, too.
A warranty is a guarantee that the company will back its product. Bed in a box mattresses in Canada usually have 10-year warranties, though some range up to 25 years (with the occasional lifetime warranty). Warranties can protect against manufacturing defects. Most of the time, a warranty can protect against deep indents, torn foam, and sagging.
It’s important to read the terms of the warranty for each mattress you’re considering. A longer warranty is better, and one that offers better protection is a must.
Unboxing and Off-Gassing
Usually, a Canadian bed in a box mattress will come rolled up and compressed to fit into the box. Unboxing is simple. First, make sure that you have the foundation you want to use set up and ready to go. Then, bring the box into the room and put it onto the foundation. Remove the box and carefully cut the plastic surrounding the mattress.
The mattress will immediately begin expanding to its normal size and shape. Make sure to arrange it on the bed frame, then remove all of the packaging and wait for it to expand.
It can take up to 48 hours (sometimes 72) for the mattress to regain its intended shape. You shouldn’t sleep on it until this time has passed. During this time, the mattress may let off a strong chemical odour due to the way it was manufactured. Make sure that your room is well-ventilated. The odour is harmless, but you can use a fan to ensure it clears out quickly.
Canadian Mattress in a Box Basics
As you shop for a mattress, consider your preferences. If you aren’t sure where you start, these mattress basics can help you figure out what type of mattress works best for you.
There are a few different types of mattresses that are available as a bed in a box in Canada.
- Memory foam uses your body heat to conform to your body. You’ll get support exactly where you need it because it becomes a customized ‘map’ of your body. Memory foam often feels like a ‘hug’, but it can also retain heat.
- Latex foam offers the same contouring benefits as memory foam. However, it doesn’t provide the memory foam ‘hug.’ Latex mattresses are more responsive and can be cooler because it works differently than memory foam. It offers the same support, though!
- An all-foam mattress combines layers of memory and latex foam to create a comfortable, supportive sleeping surface.
- A hybrid mattress uses several layers of memory foam over a layer of supportive coils. It combines all the benefits of an all-foam mattress with the support of a traditional innerspring.
- A hybrid pillow top is exactly like a regular hybrid mattress. However, instead of a layer of foam as the top layer, it uses a layer of pillowy fill. This creates a plush, breathable sleeping surface. It’s great for those who want support and a comfortable sleeping surface.
Firmness can be one of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a mattress. The firmness you prefer can vary, but it’s likely to be based on your sleeping position and body type. We’ll go over those options below.
For now, consider that most mattresses are rated on a scale between 1 and 10.
- Soft mattresses are rated between 1 and 4. These mattresses are plush and comfortable, but lack the stronger support of firmer mattresses.
- Medium mattresses are rated at about a 5 (for ‘true’ medium). These mattresses offer the perfect blend of support and pressure relief, making them ideal for those who sleep on their sides.
- Medium firm mattresses usually fall between 6 and 7. These mattresses offer firmer support but maintain great pressure relief.
- Firm mattresses range from 8 to 10. These rarer mattresses are ideal for heavy sleepers and those who need the most support possible.
Sometimes, body type can determine the type of mattress you’ll like. The general rule is that light sleepers (under 130lbs) generally prefer softer mattresses. Those between 130lbs and 230lbs might like a medium firmness, whereas those over 230lbs generally prefer firm mattresses.
How you sleep can also determine what firmness you choose.
Stomach sleepers often prefer softer mattresses that are plush and comforting, whereas side sleepers need support from a medium mattress. Back and combination sleepers sometimes choose firmer mattresses for more support.
These suggestions can determine how you feel about a mattress, but they don’t have to!
|Firmness||Scale Position||Body Type||Sleeping Position|
|Medium||5-7||130lbs – 230lbs||Side|
Regardless of your body type or how you sleep, medium firm is the most popular firmness option in Canada. It appeals to a wider range of sleepers, especially those who sleep on their sides or back. If you aren’t sure which mattress firmness you prefer, you could start with a medium-firm mattress and adjust your experience from there.
Bed in a Box Performance Options
Once you have the basics down, you can consider these performance areas. These options can improve the quality of your sleep and address any specific issues you might be having.
If you sleep light (or if your partner is particularly restless), you’ll understand why motion isolation is important. Keeping motion from your partner’s movements on their side of the bed can help you sleep better and prevent you from waking up at night. Foam mattresses are better overall at isolating motion, as the foam absorbs the motion before it can transfer. Most mattresses on our list offer great motion isolation as well.
If you sleep hot, you often wake up feeling sweaty and overheated. Memory foam mattresses can make this problem worse, as they allow heat to build up under you while you sleep. However, many mattresses contain temperature control features to prevent this. Temperature control features may include gel memory foams, phase-changing covers, Tencel fabrics, perforated foams, and more. If you sleep hot, consider purchasing a mattress with multiple temperature control features or cooling bed sheets.
Edge support is great for those who sit or sleep near the edge of the mattress. Some mattresses offer little support at the edges. You might feel like you’re sliding off the bed when you sit or lie near the edge. A mattress with great edge support feels just as solid on the edges as in the middle. These mattresses often use firmer foam around the edges of the mattress to bolster the edges, which cna help you get the same level of support throughout the mattress.
If you like to sit near the edge of the bed to wake up in the morning, choosing a mattress with great edge support can be extremely helpful.
Pressure relief is important for your comfort. When you lay in one position for too long, pressure points might form. Pressure points are uncomfortable points where your body has spent too long in contact with the harder parts of your mattress. Most foam mattresses are great at relieving pressure and preventing pressure points. Make sure you consider what type of pressure relief you want before you decide on a mattress. You’ll wake up more comfortably as a result!
Some bed in a box mattresses in Canada are only compatible with certain foundations. It’s important to look into which foundations work with the mattress you choose. Most bed in a box mattresses are compatible with box springs and adjustable foundations, but you might choose one that works with slatted or platform foundations, too! Just make sure to check these details before you finalize any purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions
Purchasing a bed in a box mattress in Canada offers convenience and usually a wider selection at competitive prices. You can shop online from the comfort of home, read customer reviews, and have the mattress delivered right to your door. Most Canadian brands offer generous trial periods (100-365 days), so you can test the mattress in your home, providing a low-risk buying experience compared to traditional in-store shopping.
While most mattresses have a respectable sleep trial of around 100 nights, the Douglas Mattress currently offers the longest sleep trial for a bed in a box mattress in Canada. You can try the Douglas mattress for 365 nights after your purchase, so you have a full year to decide if it works for you. This sleep trial allows you to get a good grasp on how the mattress feels over time.
The hardest part about unboxing the best bed in a box mattresses Canada has to offer is getting it into position. Mattresses can be quite heavy, so you might need help lifting the mattress box onto your foundation. Once that step is finished, setup is extremely simple.
Most of the best bed in a box in Canada mattress companies offer free shipping on all mattress purchases, so you won’t have to pay extra to get your mattress delivered. Some fees may apply depending on your location, particularly if you live in a remote area. You can check with the mattress company to see if there will be a delivery fee to your exact location if you are unsure.
You will need a foundation for most of the best bed in a box mattresses in Canada. The type of foundation compatible with each mattress varies, and you should check the mattress company’s website for more information about compatible foundations.
Most bed in a box companies in Canada offer hassle-free returns during the trial period, but it’s essential to note that some may have a break-in period (e.g., 30 days) during which returns are not accepted. If the mattress is not the right fit after this break-in period, the company often coordinates a pickup and either donates or recycles the mattress.