With so many luxury mattresses on the market, finding the right one can be overwhelming, especially when luxury mattresses often have a higher price point. When spending a large amount of money on an item you will use daily, you want to ensure that you select the one best suited for you. Our professional researchers and testers sought out the best luxury mattresses that you can buy in Canada and found the models that really stood out among the others.
Each luxury mattress in our list today was tested on multiple features like temperature control, materials, and motion isolation. Each of our at-home testers tried multiple mattresses for long periods of time to make sure they were able to evaluate the full scope of the mattress. Only the very best luxury mattresses made it into our review today. Here are our choices for the best luxury mattresses available in Canada for 2023.
Best Luxury Mattresses for Canadians in 2023
- Best Overall – Douglas Summit Mattress
- Best All-Foam – Octave Horizon Mattress
- Best Hybrid – Logan & Cove Frontier Hybrid Mattress
- Best Organic – Silk & Snow Organic Mattress
- Best Cooling – Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress
- Best for Pressure Relief – Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress
- Best Motion Isolation – Endy Hybrid Mattress
- Best Budget-Conscious – Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress
- Best Eco-Conscious – Noa Luxe Mattress
Why Did We Choose These Luxury Mattresses in Canada?
Each luxury mattress in our review today was chosen after extensive user testing, feedback and professional evaluations. After gathering data and results, we compiled a list of the best luxury mattresses on the market. Here is why each luxury mattress made it into our review today.
The Douglas Summit Mattress is the ultimate luxury mattress and our favourite one that you can buy in Canada. With superior cooling features and pressure relief, this is an ideal option for all Canadians looking for a luxury mattress with a moderate price tag.
Canadians looking for an all-foam mattress with amazing support, cooling and pressure relief should consider the Octave Horizon Mattress. This mattress has a great price point and enough bells and whistles to appeal to many Canadians.
Canadians seeking the best features of an all-foam mattress with the support and durability of a coil mattress will like the Logan & Cove Frontier Hybrid Mattress. This mattress is a top hybrid luxury mattress, and sleeping on it will remind you of a mattress in a high-end resort.
The Silk & Snow Organic Mattress is an eco-friendly mattress made with organic materials and has great features. Whether you are looking for motion isolation or excellent edge support, this luxury mattress is a great choice and our favourite organic one in Canada.
For those who sleep hot, live in warm climates or just like to keep the thermostat in the bedroom high, the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress is the mattress for you. This luxury mattress is the coolest on our list today and has multiple features to keep you sleeping comfortably with reduced temperatures night after night.
Many Canadians wake up feeling achy, stiff or sore and should choose a mattress that offers superior pressure relief. The Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress is our favourite luxury mattress for pressure relief and offers great motion isolation and temperature control.
For those who co-sleep, choosing a mattress that can help prevent motion transfer between restless partners is key to getting a good night’s sleep. The Endy Hybrid Mattress is our top pick for a luxury mattress with great motion isolation. Featuring a plush pillowtop-like top and a supportive base, this mattress is great for couples.
Buying a luxury mattress doesn’t have to mean buying the most expensive model on the market. The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is a great hybrid mattress with excellent features, including temperature control and motion isolation and is our favourite budget-conscious luxury mattress in Canada.
Canadians who pride themselves on being environmentally conscious will want to find an eco-conscious and incredibly supportive mattress. The Noa Luxe Mattress is our favourite luxury mattress with sustainable materials promoting healthy sleep.
Douglas Summit Mattress
It's Great For:
Canadians who want the best luxury mattress in Canada should consider the Douglas Summit Mattress. This mattress has superior temperature control, pressure relief and motion isolation, making it one of the most well-rounded luxury mattresses on the market. This mattress is our favourite in Canada for 2023, and it has a moderate price point that most Canadians will love.
Made of a blend of Infinitex fibres and CryoFusion Cooling Nanofibres, the CoolSense cover of the Douglas Summit stays cool to the touch year-round and is perfect for any Canadian who sleeps extra hot. For those who like to clean their mattress regularly, the cover is removable and machine washable.
The top layer of the Douglas Summit is a layer of cooling gel foam made of ecoLight Gel and enhanced with Douglas’ Polar Temper Balancing technology. While many mattresses have cooling properties, this mattress will reduce and regulate your core temperature while wicking away heat and moisture. Even in the summer, you will sleep comfortably cool.
The middle layer of the mattress is created from a layer of Elastex Foam, which mimics natural latex. This foam layer is responsive enough for those seeking pressure relief, and its added support will cradle and cushion you throughout the night. As a medium-firm mattress, this layer helps alleviate pressure pain and keeps your spine aligned.
Couples and co-sleepers will love the base of the Douglas Summit, which is made of thick high-density motion isolation foam. Those who often get woken up by their partner at night due to m movement will benefit from this layer, which absorbs motion before it can be transferred.
This mattress comes in all available standard sizes, including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King and Split King. No matter the bed frame or bedroom space you are trying to fill, one of these sizes will work for you. The Douglas Summit Mattress is a great luxury mattress with many unique features and is ideal for any Canadian.
- CoolSense Cover. The cover of the mattress is made from a blend of Infinitex Fibres, paired with CryoFusion Cooling Nanofibres. These features reduce your temperatures and wick away sweat and heat.
- Polar Cooling Foam. This top layer of eco-Light Cooling Gel features polar temperature balancing, a feature that reduces temperatures throughout the mattress. Those who sleep hot will be able to sleep a little more comfortably.
- Elastex Foam. This layer of foam mimics natural late. It is both responsive and supportive, ideal for alleviating pressure points for all sleeping positions.
- Motion Isolation Support. At the base of the Douglas Summit is a layer of thick motion isolation foam that is wonderful for co-sleepers who are often disturbed by their partner’s movements.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress was a great pick for our testers who slept hot, as the cooling features kept them cool throughout the night. Our testers needing pressure relief liked the firmness and support offered by the mattress.”
Octave Horizon Mattress
It's Great For:
Canadians seeking a high-quality luxury mattress constructed entirely of foam should consider the Octave Horizon. This mattress features five different unique layers of foam, much more than many other mattresses on the Canadian market. With great temperature control, pressure relief and motion isolation, this luxury mattress has a ton to offer.
The cover of the Octave Horizon is incredibly soft and breathable. Canadians who tend to sleep hot or live in a warm climate will love the cooling properties that the CryoFusion nanofibres provide in the fabric. For those with allergies or for accidental spills, the cover can be easily zipped off and machine-washed.
To help further cool users, a layer of PolarMAX phase change foam lies under the cover. This foam layer is 2.5” thick and combines copper threading with the PolarMAX material, resulting in a breathable sleeping surface designed to keep even the hottest sleepers cool.
At the core of the Octave Horizon are three layers of foam, helping this mattress stand out with more features than many other all-foam mattresses. First, a layer of 1.5” thick aerated latex foam gives the Horizon some spring and bounce while ensuring that users don’t feel suffocated in their mattress. Next, a 2” thick layer of ecoLuxe gel foam works to further regulate mattress and user temperature while providing deep pressure relief for those who suffer from aching joints and pressure points. Last, a layer of 2” thick Elastex foam provides excellent ease of movement and adaptability for those who change positions throughout the night.
At the bottom of the mattress is a 6” layer of high-density memory foam. Unlike most memory foam, Octave uses a breathable and airy material that has built-in air channels for maximum airflow. Not only does this help with lower temperatures, but sleepers will find that they won’t wake up stuffy. This durable foundation layer is designed with co-sleepers in mind and offers excellent motion isolation. For Canadians needing extra support, this base features five zones of support, working to cradle pressure points like your hips, shoulders and back no matter what position you may sleep in.
The Octave Horizon is one of the best luxury mattresses on the market and is our top pick for the best all-foam option. Users will find that the Horizon will keep sleepers cool, comfortable and supremely supported. With a reasonable price point and a longer-than-average sleep trial, this mattress is definitely worth trying.
- Removable Cooling Cover. Made from cooling CryoFusion Nanofibres, this cover will keep sleepers cool and sweat-free. For those wanting to clean it regularly, it can be easily removed and machine washed.
- Aerated Latex Foam. Made from a blend of synthetic and natural latex, this bouncy and responsive foam adapts to all sleeping positions and won’t have sleepers feeling trapped in the mattress.
- PolarMAX Foam. Made from a layer of foam that combines copper threading and PolarMAX Phase change material, users will find this layer offers reduced temperatures and excellent pressure relief.
- ecoLuxe Gel Foam. Canadians who sleep naturally hot or live in warmer areas will love this layer of cooling gel foam. Not only does it soothe aching muscles and joints, but sleepers will also wake up comfortable and sweat-free.
Our Expert’s Take
“Canadians looking for a great all-foam luxury mattress will be happy with the Octave Horizon. This mattress has amazing temperature control as well as pressure relief for aching joints.”
Best Hybrid Mattress
Logan & Cove Frontier Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
For those looking for a luxury mattress with all the best features of an all-foam mattress, combined with the excellent durability and support of a coil mattress, choosing a hybrid option is a great idea. The Logan & Cove Frontier Hybrid Mattress is our pick for Canada’s best hybrid luxury mattress. With great cooling properties, a plush Euro-Top and deep pressure relief measures, this is an overall fantastic mattress.
The Logan & Cover Frontier Hybrid Mattress has a quilted cover infused with CryoFusion cooling nanofibres. This breathable and cool cover is filled with gel-infused foam and hollow-fibre fill for extra thickness, comfort and temperature control. This plush Euro-Top is excellent for anyone seeking a hotel-like quality to their sleeping surface.
In the middle of the mattress are three layers of thick foam, working together to help you achieve a perfect night’s sleep. The top layer of ecoLuxe cooling gel foam reduces and then regulates temperatures, no matter how hot you naturally sleep. The second layer, made of Aeroduct micro coils, channels trapped heat and warm air away from your body. Under that, the soy-infused Elastex foam layer helps alleviate pressure points and keep your body supported.
At the base of the Logan & Cover Frontier Hybrid Mattress is a foundation made of individually wrapped pocket coils. These pocket coils are zoned for excellent support, with firmer support in the middle of the mattress for great lumbar support and softer pressure in the outer thirds, which cushions your shoulders and hips. This responsive layer is durable and increases the lifespan of the mattress.
This mattress comes in an extensive range of sizes, including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King and Split King. Users looking for a mattress to fit in an existing frame or a specific size for a bedroom can find a size of the Logan & Cover Frontier Hybrid that will work for them. This is a great hybrid mattress for any Canadian seeking a plush sleeping surface with excellent support.
- Plush Euro-Top. Made of soft cooling fabric and filled with hollow fibre and gel-infused foam, this soft Euro-Top is reminiscent of a luxury resort mattress.
- Cooling Layers. Even the warmest sleepers can stay cool night after night with layers of foam and gel that wick away heat and moisture.
- Aeroduct Coils. For added airflow and coolness, the layer of Aeroduct Micro Coils channels warm air and heat away from sleepers.
- Coil Support Base. The foundation of the Logan & Cover Frontier Hybrid is made of individually wrapped zoned pocket coils. Zoned for added support, this base helps alleviate pain and provides excellent pressure relief.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress kept our testers cool overnight, even in the summer. Our testers loved the plush Euro-Top that felt like sleeping on a firm, soft cloud.”
Best Organic Mattress
Silk & Snow Organic Mattress
It's Great For:
Our eco-conscious readers looking for a mattress that has excellent features and is created with sustainable and organic materials consider Silk & Snow’s Organic Mattress, which is our choice for the best overall organic luxury mattress in Canada. Whether you seek natural cooling measures, pressure relief or motion isolation, this organic mattress has a lot to offer.
The cover of this mattress is made from organic cotton, which is naturally breathable and cool. Paired with a quilted layer of New Zealand wool that is a natural fire barrier, the cover is slightly plush and extremely comfortable. Canadians wanting to avoid the use of chemicals will appreciate these natural materials.
The top layer of the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress is made of certified organic Dunlop latex. This latex layer is incredibly responsive and gives a slight bounce to the mattress. This is an excellent material for those who need additional pressure relief and support, and it won’t break down as quickly as memory foam.
Made from dense pocket spring coils, the base of the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress is a thick foundation which is stable and durable. Those needing extra relief for achy joints or certain sleeping positions will benefit from the zoned coils that target support and provide excellent lumbar support. For those who co-sleep, the coils are quiet and absorb motion, ensuring peaceful sleep, even if you have a restless partner.
The perimeter of this mattress has thicker reinforced coil springs, making sure the mattress won’t lose its shape over time. For Canadians who sleep on the edge, this firm perimeter also helps prevent sinking and sagging along the edges, which can happen over time with other mattresses.
The Silk & Snow Organic Mattress comes in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and California King, a standard mattress size range that will work for almost all bed frames. This luxury mattress is great for any eco-conscious Canadian seeking organic and sustainable materials.
- Organic Cotton. The cover of the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress is made from 100% organic cotton and quilted New Zealand Wool. This soft cover is a perfect sleeping surface, breathable, cool, and naturally fire-resistant.
- Organic Latex. The top layer of the mattress is formed of certified organic Dunlop latex, which is responsive and adapts to all sleeping positions. Durable and cool, this layer won’t break down as fast as memory foam will.
- Coil Support Base. The foundation of the mattress is made from pocket coil springs which are quiet and motion-absorbing. This base is incredibly durable and provides excellent zoned support for pressure points and achy joints.
- Edge Support. The perimeter of the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress is made from reinforced coil springs that prevent sinking along the edges of the bed over time.
Our Expert’s Take
“The organic cotton cover of the mattress kept our testers cool throughout the night. Our testers loved the latex layer’s support and helped nightly with pressure relief.”
Video Demonstration of the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress
Best Cooling Mattress
Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
For those looking for a luxury mattress that can deliver ultimate cooling and temperature control, the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress is a wonderful option. This top-of-the-line mattress delivers great motion isolation, support and excellent cooling properties. We chose this hybrid mattress as our top choice for a cooling luxury mattress in Canada.
The Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress features a thick and soft pillowtop that is made up of three layers. At the top, the moisture-wicking cover uses a phase change material that reduces sweating and overheating. This cover is antibacterial and prevents the growth of bacteria and odours for a fresh and clean surface. Under that, a Visco gel memory foam layer reduces your temperature, keeping even the warmest sleepers cool. The bottom layer is made of graphite foam and absorbs any remaining warm air and heat, dispersing them away from your body.
In the middle of the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid is a layer of supportive foam, which features superior motion isolation. Perfect for those who co-sleep with restless partners, this supportive and firm foam absorbs motion and provides excellent pressure relief.
At the base of the mattress is a thick layer of individually wrapped steel coils. This spring foundation provides stability and is zoned for targeted support throughout the body. Those who need extra lumbar support or deep pressure relief will benefit from this layer the most. Unlike all-foam mattresses, the coil springs help the mattress keep its shape longer without sagging or breaking down.
Available in all standard sizes, including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and California King, this mattress is a great choice for any shopper. The Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid Mattress is a great luxury mattress for any Canadian looking for extra cooling and deep support.
- Quilted Cover. This cool-to-the-touch cover adapts to sleepers’ temperatures and works to reduce heat. Antibacterial properties help prevent the growth of bacteria and odours.
- Cooling Layers. The pillowtop of the Hush Arctic Luxe Hybrid is made of three different layers of cooling foam, ensuring even the hottest sleepers will stay cool overnight.
- Motion Isolation. In the middle of the mattress is a layer of thick high-density memory foam, which helps prevent motion transfer between restless partners.
- Coil Base. Individually wrapped steel coils make up this durable base of the mattress and are wonderful for anyone needing deep lumbar support or pressure relief.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress kept our testers cool throughout the night, even those who sleep naturally hot. Our testers loved the plush pillowtop and supportive feel of the mattress.”
Best for Pressure Relief
Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
The Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress is a premium luxury mattress. It has top-of-the-line features and benefits not found in many other mattresses on the market, including superior pressure relief measures. This pocket coil mattress is our favourite for the best luxury mattress in Canada for those needing pressure relief. At a higher-than-average price point, this mattress delivers a quality mattress that lasts many years.
Made of stretchy and soft fabric, the Caser Wave Hybrid knit cover adapts as you move throughout the night, providing ultimate flexibility and plushness. Directly under this cover lies a layer of cooling gel foam that reduces and regulates body temperatures. This gel foam is perforated, prompting maximum airflow and breathability, so you will never wake up feeling hot and stuffy. Those needing pain relief from achy joints will benefit from this cooling gel foam, as it cradles and supports joints and pressure points no matter what position you sleep in.
In the middle of the Casper Wave Hybrid are two layers of Airscape foam, which are made of a blend of natural and synthetic latex. These responsive layers are great for anyone needing deep pressure relief, as the latex blend is more supportive than foam.
An additional layer of Airscape foam supports and cradles the body and is excellent for alleviating pressure point pain. This foam helps support hips and shoulders with softer support in the outer third of the mattress, while the firmer foam in the middle helps keep your spine aligned.
Unique to Casper, gel pods are placed throughout the mattress underneath the spine and lower back to provide even more cushioning and relief from joint pain. The base of the Casper Wave Hybrid is constructed of individual pocket coils that adapt and move throughout the night, ensuring maximum even support. Those who sleep on the edge will benefit from the support border that runs along the perimeter of the mattress and prevents sinking and sagging over time. This luxury mattress is a wonderful choice for anyone seeking extra support for achy joints or pressure pain.
- Cooling Gel. Those who sleep hot will benefit from the multiple layers of cooling gel foam that reduce temperatures, keeping you comfortably cool.
- Latex Foam. Made from 50% natural and 50% synthetic latex, these Airscape foam layers are supportive and provide deep pressure relief for achy joints.
- Gel Pod Relief. Unique to Casper, small gel pods are placed throughout the mattress, cushioning the back and pressure points for restorative sleep.
- Coil Base. This solid base made of steel pocket coils is supportive and helps extend the mattress’s lifespan.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress was extremely comfortable and kept our testers sleeping cool overnight. Our testers loved the gel pods and pressure relief offered and woke up pain-free.”
Video Demonstration of the Casper Wave Mattress
Best Motion Isolation
Endy Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
For Canadians who co-sleep with a restless partner or an active pet, it’s crucial to find a mattress with great motion isolation. The Endy Hybrid is our pick for the best luxury mattress with motion isolation features in Canada. This mattress is great at preventing motion transfer and also provides excellent pressure relief and spinal support.
The cover of the Endy Hybrid is a plush quilted top similar in feel and comfort to a pillow top mattress. While the top is quilted and soft, you won’t wake up feeling hot and stuffy due to its breathable cover that helps airflow and sleep cool.
Users who sleep warm will love the top foam layer of Endy Comfort Foam, which features open-cell technology and keeps the mattress airy and cool. This foam layer helps to disperse all warm air and heat out the sides of the mattress, so you never overheat while sleeping.
At the core of the mattress, a layer of motion isolation transition foam helps those who co-sleep achieve undisturbed rest. This foam layer absorbs motion and stops it from transferring between partners, no matter how active they may be. Canadians with achy joints and pressure points will benefit from this transitional foam, which cradles pressure points and joint pain.
The foundation of the Endy Hybrid features a thick coil pocket spring base. This coil base is super quiet and further helps with motion isolation for those who co-sleep. Those seeking lumbar support or who sleep on their back will find the base of this mattress to be supportive and comfortable, and the zoned support targets pressure points. This mattress is excellent for co-sleeping Canadians seeking a luxury mattress with great support and firmness.
- Plush Cover. This soft and quilted cover is similar to a pillowtop in feel and comfort but won’t have you feeling trapped in your mattress. The cover is breathable and airy and helps promote healthy air circulation.
- Comfort Foam. Wicking away heat and moisture, this layer of comfort foam helps keep sleepers cool, no matter how hot they usually sleep.
- Motion Isolation Foam. Couples and co-sleepers can get undisturbed sleep with this beneficial layer of transition foam that stops motion transfer. Those needing pressure relief will find this foam layer is supportive and cradles achy joints.
- Coil Base. Made of individual pocket coils, the base of the Endy Hybrid helps with overall mattress durability, as well as zoned pressure relief throughout the body.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress was firm yet comfortable, and the quilted top was extra plush. Our testers who co-slept found that the mattress had superior motion isolation.”
Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
Buying a quality luxury mattress in Canada doesn’t mean that you have to spend a lot of money. Canadians who are looking for a great luxury mattress at a lower price point than others on our list today will like the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress. This mattress is our top pick for the best budget-friendly luxury mattress in Canada, and it has excellent features that make it worth considering.
The cover of the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is made from a clean and fresh fabric that is antimicrobial, helping to eliminate the growth of bacteria and odours. Just under this stretchy and soft cover is a layer of quilted foam, and it will feel like you are sleeping on a supportive cloud. Despite its plushness, the cover layers are breathable and stay cool at night, making for a highly comfortable sleep.
In the middle of the mattress is a layer of responsive high-density foam. This foam helps soothe achy joints and pressure points and has superior motion isolation. Those who co-sleep will find their partner’s movements won’t wake them up throughout the night.
The foundation of the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is a layer of tempered pocked steel coils. Individually wrapped for breathability and quietness, these coils provide zone support for pressure points. Canadians needing extra relief due to sleeping positions or back pain will find it firmer in the centre of the mattress for lumbar support and softer in the outer thirds for gentle cushioning of the hips and shoulders.
Canadians who sleep on the edge of the bed will benefit from the firm perimeter foam that surrounds the entire mattress. This layer prevents mattress breakdown on the edge of the bed, where sinking and sagging can occur over time.
Available in all standard sizes, the Silk & Snow Hybrid comes in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and California King, making it a great choice for any existing bed frame or bedroom. This mattress is a perfect option for any Canadian on a budget who wants a luxury mattress.
- Clean Cover. This breathable and soft cover is made with antimicrobial fabric and prevents the growth of bacteria and odours. The cover is plush and comfortable for all types of sleepers.
- Cooling Foam. The layer of cooling foam within the mattress helps keep warm sleepers cool by wicking away heat and moisture, even in the hot summer months.
- High-Density Foam. Couples and co-sleepers will benefit from the layer of high-density memory foam that is in the middle of the mattress, which has fantastic motion isolation.
- Pocket Coil Base. The base of the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is made from individual pocket coils and is supportive and durable. The perimeter is reinforced with thick foam, providing edge support found in the highest quality mattresses on the market.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress kept our testers cool, supported and incredibly comfortable. Our testers loved the lower price point for this luxury mattress.”
Noa Luxe Mattress
It's Great For:
Canadians who pride themselves on being environmentally friendly will love the Noa Luxe Mattress, which is our pick for the best eco-conscious luxury mattress you can get in Canada. This mattress features impressive features and is made with healthy and eco-conscious materials. The Noa Luxe is great for anyone who sleeps warm or needs excellent pressure relief.
The Noa Luxe features a firm pillow top and is made of three different layers. First, the soft cover of the mattress is made of cooling Tencel. This cover is extremely breathable and helps to reduce temperatures by allowing air to freely pass through the fabric. Directly underneath, a layer of innovative cooling foam helps to further cool sleepers, keeping them dry and comfortable.
The last layer of the pillow top is a layer of environmentally friendly bamboo charcoal latex, which is supportive, comfortable and naturally cooling. This open-cell latex is infused with bamboo charcoal and is completely eco-conscious and sustainably sourced. This layer is fragrance, allergen and toxic-free, helping to promote the healthiest sleep possible.
Next, a layer of micro coils helps with increased airflow and maximum support for achy joints. Sitting atop a thick layer of extra firm transition foam which helps reduce motion transfer, these coils are great for supporting painful pressure points.
The foundation of the Noa Luxe is made of individual pocket coils that help the mattress feel slightly bouncy but still firm and supportive. Each coil is individually wrapped in breathable mesh and keeps the mattress cool, helping to retain its shape. Those who sleep on the edge of the bed will be able to stay comfortable for years to come, with its firm edge support made of high-density foam that prevents sinking and sagging along the perimeter over time. The Noa Luze is a great luxury mattress for any Canadian seeking an eco-conscious product.
- Soft Pillow Top. Made of three layers, this firm pillow top is comfortable and supportive.
- Eco-Conscious Latex & Bamboo. Made of open-cell latex infused with bamboo charcoal, this environmentally friendly layer promotes healthy sleep and is made with sustainable and allergy-free materials.
- Zoned Coil Base. The foundation of the Noa Luxe is made of individually wrapped pocket coils that are zoned for maximum pressure relief and promote clean airflow throughout the mattress.
- Firm Edge Support. Surrounding the perimeter of the mattress is a layer of high-density foam that prevents the breakdown of the edges due to repeated edge sitting and sleeping over time.
Our Expert’s Take
“This mattress was firm and supportive, yet the pillowtop gave some plushness. Our testers, who are eco-conscious, loved the sustainable materials and bamboo used in the mattress.”
Video Demonstration of the Noa Luxe Mattress
Why Trust Us?
When it comes to Canadian mattresses, we’ve done the research. We have a dedicated team of testers in our test lab. They work tirelessly to evaluate each mattress we look at. Some even take the mattresses home to try for extended sleep trials. Every test results in extensive notes, which we compile for further evaluation. We pay attention to detail! Each mattress is generally evaluated in several categories, but we pay special attention to these performance features:
- Materials. The first thing that’s important about a luxury mattress is the materials used in its construction. We look at each of the layers of foam, evaluate which materials were used, and compare based on how high-end those mattresses are.
- Temperature Control. The best luxury mattresses in Canada use temperature control features to keep you from waking up uncomfortable. Since foam-based mattresses are known for retaining heat, we looked at how well each model worked to mitigate overheating.
- Motion Isolation. No one wants to wake up due to their restless partner. With a luxury mattress, you shouldn’t have to. We made extensive notes on how each mattress isolated motion, so you can stay asleep no matter what else is happening.
- Pressure Relief. The best mattresses should feel like a cloud, with the support you need to rest comfortably and without aches. We tested each mattress for pressure relief through different body types and sleeping positions, so you get the best idea of how a mattress might work for you.
Why Choose a Luxury Mattress in Canada?
A luxury mattress can be a big investment, but it’s ultimately worth it in the long run. Luxury mattresses are made with higher-quality materials and tend to last longer, especially if you use them according to recommendations. Investing in a luxury mattress is investing in better sleep overall.
It’s possible to go through two cheap mattresses in the time it takes a luxury mattress tow ear down. It may cost you more in the long run to choose a cheaper mattress than it would to purchase a luxury mattress from the start. These mattresses are known to provide better performance, too – you’ll likely encounter better pressure relief, cooling features, and other performance with a luxury mattress.
Most luxury mattresses are built to provide the best possible sleep, especially if you usually wake up often or become uncomfortable throughout the night. If you have a restless partner, a luxury mattress might be able to handle motion transfer better. This means you can stay asleep longer without any disturbances.
Essentially, choosing a luxury mattress can actually save you money and improve your sleep. It’s an investment, but one that can be great for your quality of life. It’s also worth noting that luxury mattresses don’t always have to be expensive. There are some options on our list that are less expensive than you might expect, but still provide luxurious, high-quality materials.
How to Choose a Luxury Mattress for Canadians
So how do you begin choosing a luxury mattress? There are a few basics and special features you need to be aware of if you plan on purchasing a new mattress. These features can help you determine which mattress is best for you.
There are just a few types of mattresses available on the Canadian market. Most of these mattress types are represented on our list, which can help you choose the option that works well for you.
It’s important to note that some sleepers with prefer one type of mattress over another, making this choice important for your sleeping preferences. Looking into each option will help you choose a mattress that you’ll love.
- All-Foam. All-foam mattresses use layers of memory foam and latex to create comfortable, contouring surfaces. All-foam mattresses don’t have springs or coils but rely on a thick layer of support foam to keep your body aligned. All-foam mattresses are comfortable and relieve pressure, but they can sometimes retain a lot of heat.
- Hybrid. Hybrid mattresses offer the support of an innerspring with the comfort of an all-foam mattress. Hybrids are the best of both worlds, and you won’t have to sacrifice support for comfort. These mattresses transfer motion less than innerspring options, and most can be used with adjustable frames.
- Innerspring. While we don’t feature any innerspring mattresses on our list, you’ve probably slept on one. Innerspring mattresses are the most traditional type of mattress. The spring layer is supportive, but all of the springs are connected. This means motion transfers better, and the mattress compresses in larger sections.
Each mattress has a firmness rating. This isn’t a rating about comfort, but it can signify the level of support each mattress offers. You may find certain firmness options more comfortable for your sleeping preferences. Firmer mattresses use firmer foams that don’t compress as much as softer foams, for instance. Softer mattresses can feel like sleeping on a cloud.
There are levels of mattress firmness. Your firmness preferences can also be tied to how you sleep and your body type.
Soft – Medium-Soft
Up to 59kg
59kg to 104kg
Medium-Firm – Firm
These are general recommendations, of course. Your preferences may vary regardless of your body type and sleeping position. However, this is a good place to start if you’re unsure which firmness is best for you.
Materials and Construction
A luxury mattress is defined by the materials used to create it. Thankfully, most mattress companies include a list of materials used in each layer of their mattresses. Make sure to look over this list carefully. If you want eco-conscious foams, look for greener options in the materials list. If you’re concerned about heat, look for materials that help to dissipate it.
The construction of the mattress is a secondary concern, but it can help. You should look for mattresses that feature three or more layers. The top layers should include some form of temperature control, whether that’s perforation, gel memory foam, and more. The cover is also an important consideration. Some covers offer additional cooling features, and some are hand-tufted with Tencel fibres. These are the best types of covers.
Finally, look at the sequence of foam layers. Cooler layers should be at the top, with more supportive and motion-isolating materials near the middle. Consider a mattress that is constructed to help your particular sleeping preferences.
Luxury Mattress Performance
A luxury mattress should perform better than comparable mattresses in every field. We looked at several performance areas to make sure that each of our mattresses belonged on our list.
Temperature control foams are extremely important, especially for those who sleep hot. If you often find yourself waking up overheated, temperature-control materials can help you sleep through the night. These measures include gel memory foams, perforated foams, breathable layers that promote airflow, and infusions like copper.
Look for a mattress with as many options as you can if often wake up sweating. Most foam mattresses include some temperature control features, but many sleepers need a little extra help.
If you share a bed in any capacity, motion isolation is extremely important. Too often, those who share a bed can wake up when their kids, pets, or partner move around a lot. Most foam mattresses have good motion isolation, but the best use layers of motion-isolation support foam, transition layers that keep motion isolated, or active features.
Active motion control, such as open-cell memory foam, can work to stop motion where it starts. This means you feel less on your side of the mattress, even if your partner is tossing and turning.
A good mattress should have plenty of soft pressure relief, even if it’s a firmer mattress. Since you spend a lot of time in a single position as you sleep, it’s much more comfortable to sink into a mattress with great pressure relief.
Look for a mattress with multiple foam layers and a dense layer of transition foam before the support layer. Side sleepers, especially, should look for multiple comforts and cooling foam layers to completely relieve even the deepest pressure points.
Keep in mind that a softer mattress might not always offer better pressure relief. Pressure relief comes from the layers of materials used, and most firmer mattresses can be better at relieving pressure than softer options. If you want to eliminate pressure points entirely, you should shop around for a mattress that suits your body type and sleeping style.
Support is one of the most important factors to consider in a mattress, particularly if you sleep on your side or back. Extra support can mean you wake up feeling more rested in the morning, with fewer pressure points and better performance throughout the day.
When evaluating support, we looked at features like the supportive layers of each mattress. If you need a little extra help when it comes to support, you should look for a mattress with zoned support features. Zoned support makes certain parts of the foam or coils firm enough to support you well. This support is usually in the centre of the mattress, which helps with your lower back and hips.
You should also look for a mattress that provides great edge support. Some foam mattresses have soft edges, and it may feel like you’ll slip right off when you sit or sleep near the edge.
Each mattress on our list is compatible with a range of foundations. Options like slatted frames, platform beds, box springs, and adjustable beds help your mattress keep its shape. These foundations can also help the mattress support you better, which can be invaluable for most Canadians.
Make sure to check that your foundation is compatible with the mattress. Check the size of your foundation as well as its type to ensure that your new mattress can work with it. If you fail to use a compatible foundation with your mattress, you may void your warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
For Canadians who are willing to spend a little bit more on a mattress, buying a luxury product will mean better features and quality. No matter which luxury mattress you choose, these mattresses are meant to last longer and provide excellent sleep.
Most of the mattresses in our review today are made and shipped out of Canada. The exception is the Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress, which is made and shipped out of locations throughout North America, and the Noa Luxe, which is made in Canada and locations around the world.
For Canadians who suffer from back pain, joint issues or painful pressure points, we recommend the Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress. This mattress offers superior pressure relief and unique geld pods that support and alleviate back pain while you sleep.