Twin mattresses are a great choice for children or people sleeping alone. As with every other type of mattress, choosing the perfect option for your sleep style is essential. There are many twin mattress options in Canada, but we’ve narrowed down the selection for you.
To assist you with this, we have curated a selection of the best twin mattresses in Canada for 2023. We evaluated these mattresses based on the features that are the most relevant to Canadian buyers, including firmness, sleep trial, and warranty. Here are your options for the best twin mattresses you can get in Canada.
Best Twin Mattresses for Canadians in 2023
- Best Overall – Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress
- Best Pressure Relief – Douglas Original Mattress
- Best Contouring – The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress
- Best Support – The Endy Mattress
- Best Cooling – Octave Vista Mattress
- Best Breathable – Noa Mattress
- Best Durability – The Polysleep Origin Mattress
Why Did We Choose These Twin Mattresses in Canada for 2023?
Each mattress on this list was chosen after many hours of painstaking research. We passed our initial selections to our evaluators, who then put the mattresses through a series of thorough evaluations. After that, they were returned with detailed feedback that helped us make the final decisions for the best twin mattresses in Canada. Here’s why each of these options made the list.
The best twin mattress in Canada is the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress. This high-quality mattress has excellent support while you’re sleeping, and it uses layers of memory foam to increase comfort while reducing pressure. Cooling gel and breathable coils make this a great option for summer.
The best twin mattress for pressure relief is the Douglas Original Mattress. Featuring a washable cover designed to remove moisture and keep you cool, this mattress includes 3 layers of premium foam that provide extra support and comfort while you sleep.
The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress features impressive contouring support thanks to layers of foam and pressure-relieving steel coils. This luxurious plush mattress has a quilted Euro-top cover for additional comfort and includes a signature cooling gel that provides targeted relief while reducing excess body heat.
For the best support, Canadians should opt for the Endy Mattress. This choice features impressive engineering that provides comprehensive support while resting. The Endy Mattress assists with keeping your spine in the right position throughout the night. It includes a 4-way stretch cover and box springs across the mattress to ensure firmness along with the added height.
The Octave Vista Mattress is a great option for Canadians who tend to sleep hot. This mattress features multiple layers of foam that are designed to keep sleepers cool, comfortable and sweat-free night after night.
Canadians looking for the best breathable option should consider the Noa Mattress. This hybrid mattress includes foam layers designed with innovative technology that reduce body heat retention. Combined with the layer of gel-infused cooling foam, the breathable hand-tufted pillow–top cover can keep you cool in the warmer Canadian seasons.
If you want a mattress that will last a long time, the Polysleep Origin might be the perfect option. This mattress uses high-density, high-quality ‘hybrid’ foams, as well as open-cell foam to create a mattress that won’t sag or tear over time.
Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is a Canadian-made option that is ideal for those looking for the best of an all-foam mattress and spring mattress combined. Thanks to the layer of gel-infused memory foam, the mattress can keep you cool and comfortable through the night. It provides impressive support thanks to the 1200 pocket coils spread throughout the mattress and individually wrapped.
There are 6 exciting elements to this mattress that ensure a good night’s sleep. At the top, you’ll find the antimicrobial cover, followed by the Cool Sleep surface with gel-infused memory foam to keep you from overheating at night. The third element of the mattress is designed for pressure relief, while the next provides comprehensive zoned lumbar support, assisted by firm edge support and the pocket coil base.
The firm edge around the mattress prevents sinking at the edges, keeping you well-supported even while you sit at the edge of the bed. The pocket coils used for the mattress are made in Canada and feature Canadian steel. Canadian craftsmen created this mattress with premium locally-sourced materials. If you are interested in a sustainable local option, this mattress could be the right choice for you.
This is a durable option that caters to people who sleep on their sides or their backs, especially those in need of better back support. If you are experiencing back pain, this can be the mattress that helps relieve the pressure on your spine. It is a medium-firm mattress that can be suitable for those seeking both comfort and support.
The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress comes with a 15-year warranty. You can test the mattress with the 100-night sleep trial that Silk & Snow offers with this option. The zoned lumbar support available with this mattress keeps the hip area at a higher firmness level, while the shoulder area is softer. This targeted design can help with making you feel more well-rested and comfortable while you use the mattress.
- Cool Sleep Surface. One of the layers of the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress includes gel-infused memory foam. In addition to providing comfort and support, this layer makes the mattress a great choice for those who get overheated while they sleep.
- Pocket Coils. The individually-wrapped 1200 pocket coils made from Canadian steel add to the impressive support that this mattress can bring to your sleep hours.
- Zoned Lumbar Support. The mattress is designed to keep the area around your hips firmer, while the area around your shoulders is softer. This gives great support to those who prefer sleeping on their backs or their sides.
- Edge Support. The firm edge design of the mattress prevents sagging on the sides, even as you sit there. This will ensure that you are comfortable and supported at any time while on the mattress, whether you’re lying on it or not.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress provides comprehensive support through innovative high-quality design and materials.”
Best Pressure Relief
Douglas Original Mattress
It's Great For:
Our favourite twin mattress in Canada for pressure relief, the Douglas Original Mattress, is made for all types of sleepers. It offers three premium foam layers and medium-firm support to appeal to a wide range of Canadians. One of the topmost layers is made with cooling gel foam, which prevents overheating as you sleep. The 2” CoolSense top cover layer is made from sustainable fibres and designed to draw moisture away, taking inspiration from the mountains in Western Canada.
The cooling gel foam layer is made sustainably and contributes to the mattress using up to 40% less carbon input. This layer feels very comfortable without retaining heat. It offers a luxurious approach to foam mattresses that you might find yourself surprised by. With a generous sleep trial of 365 nights available, you can test out every feature of the Douglas Original to make sure it suits your needs exactly as you want it to.
The 2” premium Elastex foam layer takes inspiration from the support and responsiveness in natural latex, but without using the chemicals usually found in latex. The 6” motion isolation support foam layer imitates pocket coil springs to keep motion transfer away. This is a great choice if you are sharing your bed, as the mattress will adapt to the needs of several sleepers (including pets) without taking away from the comfort experienced on either side.
By using a specially designed single firmness, the Douglas Original is suitable for all types of Canadian sleepers, whether they prefer to sleep on their side, back, or stomach. The mattress offers pressure point relief at the shoulders, hips, and back to ensure you get a comfortable night’s sleep. This medium-firm option balances high-quality cushioning with efficient support to make sure your spine is protected in the correct posture even as you sleep.
Those looking for no extra hassle when dealing with a mattress will be pleased to know that the Douglas Original has a machine-washable top cover that can easily be removed and placed back at any time. Adding to the overall sustainability, the mattress is made in Canada and ships to Canada. It is very portable and can easily be unrolled upon arrival onto a twin bed.
- Made for All Sleepers. The mattress features a design with pressure point relief that features a single firmness that is highly efficient. This design fits the needs of sleepers who prefer any sleeping position.
- Long Sleep Trial. The Douglas sleep trial is available for 365 nights, which will allow you to thoroughly study the benefits of the mattress and decide if it is the right choice for you.
- Cooling Gel Foam. The foam in the middle of this mattress helps reduce heat as you sleep, helping keep you cool even if you usually sleep hot.
- Sustainable. This mattress is made in Canada with various sustainable materials. Its design can contribute to up to 40% less carbon input.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Douglas Original Mattress is a Canadian staple that is ideal for all sleepers. It is designed to be great for all sleeping positions, so you’re sure to find it comfortable.”
Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress
It's Great For:
The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress provides a luxurious experience to Canadians looking to sleep better throughout the night. No matter how you sleep, this mattress helps conform to your body to reduce aches and improve pressure relief. This mattress is made in Canada and includes about 2,920 pressure-relieving coils, including both micro-coils and pocket coils. The hybrid construction features 5 layers, each of them contributing individually to the premium comfort and support of the sleeper.
At the top of the mattress, you’ll find the premium grade 7/8” quilted Euro-top cover. This layer includes cooling nanofibres that enhance the feel of the cover while contributing to maintaining a comfortable temperature. For added plush, the quilted cover uses gel-infused foam.
The second layer of the Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress features the company’s signature ecoLuxe cooling gel foam. This provides targeted pressure relief to the area around your knees, hips, and shoulders. It also dissipates body heat to ensure that you remain comfortable through the night.
The third layer of the mattress features 1” aeroduct micro coils. They assist with providing enhanced contouring and cooling with a custom fit of your body, adapting to your specific sleeping posture and position. This layer also ensures good circulation of airflow and enhanced temperature regulation.
The fourth layer focuses on delivering the right bounce by using Elastex foam that is soy-infused. This layer also adapts to your body, contouring to it and cradling it as you sleep while ensuring proper support for your spine. At the bottom of the mattress, you’ll find the last layer, which includes individually wrapped pocket coils. They are organized across 5 areas, with each area featuring in-depth calibration to provide the best spine alignment support.
The fine-tuned design of the Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress results in a luxurious sleeping experience that can suit all sleeping positions. It comes with a generous 365-night sleep trial, and convenience is further ensured by the 15-year warranty.
- Luxurious Feeling. The materials used in making the Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress provide luxury sensations, as well as high-quality support.
- Fine-Tuned Design. The 5 layers that contribute to the success of this mattress each play an essential role in delivering a comfortable experience that adapts to the sleeper and delivers support.
- Targeted Pressure Relief. The mattress delivers targeted pressure relief to specific areas, assisting with comfort and relieving pressure from the spine while keeping it in the correct alignment.
- Perfect Bounce. The soy-infused Elastex foam creates a great bounce that adds to the benefits provided by the firmness of the mattress.
Our Expert’s Take
“The luxurious Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress features a fine-tuned design with great targeted pressure relief. Two coil layers create a comfortable and supportive design that is ideal for most Canadians.”
The Endy Mattress
It's Great For:
The Endy Mattress provides optimal firmness and support that is backed by the Canadian Chiropractic Association. This option uses open-cell foam to ensure breathability and comfort. The improved airflow also assists with keeping Canadians cool while they sleep. There is innovative engineering used for the design of the Endy, focused on 4 layers.
At the top of the Endy Mattress, the micro quilted cover features a 4-way stretch encased in soft breathable polyester that has the added convenience of being machine washable. The second layer of the Endy mattress is made using their proprietary Comfort Foam, which is ultra-breathable due to its open-cell design. The responsiveness of this layer adapts to your body to provide comfort and support without letting you sink into the mattress.
The third layer uses transitional foam to provide additional pressure relief and support. This layer also assists with ensuring a comfortable co-sleeping experience by eliminating motion transfer. At the bottom of the mattress, you’ll find the high-density base layer. This layer is essential in providing support and firmness. Temperature-neutral foam is used to preserve firmness in every season, making this mattress a great year-round choice for Canadians.
The Endy Mattress is made in Canada, using latex-free foam that is locally poured in locations across Ontario and Québec. It is highly responsive and adapts to the specifics of your body and sleeping position. It also does the same for any co-sleepers, isolating motion to ensure restful sleep for all.
The 100-night sleep trial allows you plenty of time to decide if the Endy Mattress suits your sleeping needs. Your Endy experience will then be backed by a 15-year limited warranty so that you can enjoy the durable build of the mattress for longer with peace of mind. If you have allergies to latex, you should consider the Endy Mattress, as it sticks to a latex-free design.
- Optimal Firmness. The Endy mattress is designed that features optimal firmness to ensure you get the best comfort while resting.
- 3 Latex-Free Foam Layers. The foam layers used in the construction of the Endy Mattress provide comprehensive support using breathable materials that isolate motion and reduce the risk of overheating during the night. The absence of latex makes it a good choice for those with latex allergies.
- Locally Made. The Endy Mattress features a sustainable approach, delivering only to Canadian postal codes and locally pouring foam at facilities in several provinces.
- Great for Co-Sleepers. The Endy Mattress is designed to keep co-sleepers comfortable at the same time. It eliminates motion transfer to ensure restful nights.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Endy Mattress offers in-depth support with great responsiveness and pressure relief. It also reduces motion transfer, making it ideal for Canadians who wake up easily.”
Octave Vista Mattress
It's Great For:
The Octave Vista is a wonderful all-foam twin mattress that is great for Canadians who sleep hot. This mattress is perfect for budget-conscious users seeking a supportive and medium-firm option with thicker construction.
Canadians who sleep hot will appreciate the cover of the Octave Vista, which is made from cooling CryoFusion nanofibres designed to wick away heat and moisture. This cover eliminates waking up hot and sweaty and is perfect for those living in warmer climates or who naturally sleep warmer. Those who prefer to be able to regularly clean their mattress can easily do so with its removable and washable cover.
The top of the Octave Vista is constructed from two layers of unique foams. First, a layer of 2” thick cooling foam combines copper threading and PolarMAX phase change material to further reduce and regulate temperatures no matter how hot you may sleep. This layer helps to support joints and cradle aching pressure points for all sleeping positions.
Next, a 2” layer of Elastex foam is great for the changing of sleeping positions, with its motion-absorbing properties and slight bounce. Sleepers will never feel like they are sinking or drowning in this mattress, as it stays responsive and bouncy.
The base of the Octave Vista is created from an 8” thick layer of high-density memory foam. Warm sleepers will continue to stay cool, as all trapped heat and air can flow outward with its built-in air channels throughout the foundation. Those needing additional pressure relief will find the five-zoned support system superior, as hips and shoulders are uniquely catered to, perfect for side and back sleepers.
The Octave Vista is a wonderful option for most Canadians, but hot sleepers will find it especially of value. With its lower price point and great sleep trial policy, this mattress is a low-risk and high-reward model.
- Cooling Cover. Both removable and washable, this cooling cover is perfect for anyone who tends to sleep warm. The CryoFusion nanofibres do an excellent job of reducing heat.
- Elastex Foam. Both supportive and bouncy, this layer helps cradle pressure points and is great for those who may be prone to pain in their back, hips or shoulders.
- PolarMAX Phase-Changing Material. Infused with copper and PolarMAX Phase change, this layer of foam regulates temperatures and continues to cool sleepers in even the warmest of conditions.
- High-Density Foam Base. With built-in air channels, this supportive foundation is thick and comfortable while promoting cooling air and durability that is designed to last for years.
Our Expert’s Take
“If you naturally sleep hot or live in a warm climate, the Octave Vista will keep you cool on a nightly basis. Our testers loved the washable cooling cover.”
It's Great For:
The Noa Mattress delivers a high-quality blend of layers built for support and breathability. This mattress works to reduce temperature while providing sleepers with a comfortable resting experience. The unique, innovative design sets it apart from many of the other choices available on our list. This luxurious mattress has 5 layers that contribute to its success. Its construction makes it the best choice for a breathable mattress in Canada in 2023.
The first layer is the hand-tufted pillow-top cover made from eco-conscious Tencel. This cover has antibacterial features and is a great choice for those with allergies, and it keeps the rest of the mattress in great condition, with minimal wrinkling. The second layer features open-cell latex that provides great temperature regulation and bounce. This highly breathable material is very responsive and adds targeted support to the back, shoulders, and hips areas.
The third layer of the Noa Mattress features premium memory foam with cooling gel. It enhances contouring and pressure relief while also dissipating excess body heat, which keeps you in comfortable sleeping conditions for longer. The fourth layer is of great help to those sharing a bed, as it includes motion isolation that can prevent co-sleepers from waking each other up with movement.
The fifth layer of the Noa is the base layer, which includes individually wrapped pocket springs. These springs are made from thick steel wrapped with mesh to ensure good airflow while also providing great support and adding to the durability of the mattress. This option is great for all sleeping positions but provides great support to stomach sleepers in particular. Heavier sleepers will enjoy the way this mattress feels due to the firmer feel.
The Noa provides a premium blend of support, comfort, and cooling features. It includes a sleep trial of 120 nights, as well as a 15-year limited warranty. Canadians can test the many qualities of the Noa before committing to it in the long run, but the award-winning comfort accompanied by the innovative design might provide plenty of temptation.
- One-Of-A-Kind Design. The Noa Mattress features a unique design that sets it apart from many other options. The fine-tuned construction is eye-catching and ultra-comfortable.
- Great Blend. The Noa combines the best of comfort, support, and cooling. This provides a great all-around sleeping experience.
- Suitable for Co-Sleepers. The design of the Noa includes motion isolation that can be ideal for those co-sleeping by reducing the possibility of being woken up by someone else’s movement.
- Durable. The Noa is made from high-quality durable materials, including thick-gauge pocket springs that help the mattress retain its shape and reduces sagging over time.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Noa Mattress features a firm, breathable design that can be comfortable for most Canadians. The variety of materials create a unique feel.”
The Polysleep Origin Mattress
It's Great For:
The Polysleep Origin Mattress is a best-selling Canadian mattress with extreme durability. It uses a hybrid foam to make sure it provides comprehensive support while keeping Canadians comfortable during sleeping hours. The mattress also has a layer of antimicrobial foam, which makes the mattress an ideal choice for those suffering from allergies. The foam actively combats allergens while shielding against other contaminants like bacteria.
This durable option makes use of premium-quality viscoelastic foam. There are various benefits to using this type of foam, including increased durability and better support. It also recovers quicker in shape, which makes it more immediately responsive than many other options.
If you get overheated at night, the Polysleep Origin can be a great choice for you. It uses open-cell foam for better airflow circulation that will keep your temperature regulated as you sleep, leading to a more restful night, no matter the season. There are 3 fine-tuned layers included in the mattress. The top layer features an exclusive antimicrobial foam that keeps you better protected as you sleep.
The second layer provides motion transfer and transition, while the third is a sturdy base layer made from millions of foam cells. This layer reinforces the whole structure of the mattress, making it more durable. There is also a removable water-resistant cover that you can use if you are worried about liquid spillage around the mattress. This cover is machine-washable.
The foam used in the mattress has been specifically engineered to reduce vibrations. This allows you to get better rest that will be interrupted less by the movements of co-sleepers. With a 10-year warranty, the Polysleep Origin mattress can help you achieve a deeper and more restful sleep for an extended period. There is also a sleep trial of 100 nights that you can use to make sure the mattress is the right fit for your needs.
- Antimicrobial Foam. The exclusive foam used in the top layer of the mattress is ideal for those suffering from allergies. It also keeps all sleepers better protected against bacteria and dust mites.
- Increased Durability. The use of premium viscoelastic foam makes this option more durable as well as more supportive.
- Fewer Vibrations. The design of the mattress keeps vibrations at a minimum, making it a great choice for co-sleepers or those with pets.
- Removable Cover. The easily removable cover is water-resistant and can provide great protection against spillage. It is also machine-washable.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Polysleep Origin Mattress includes exclusive memory foam and treats those suffering from allergies to a more restful sleep.”
Comparing the Best Twin Mattresses for Canadians
|Best Overall||Silk & Snow Hybrid||Hybrid||Medium Firm (6.5)||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Pressure Relief||Douglas Original||All Foam||Medium Firm (6.5)||365 Nights||20 Years|
|Best Contouring||Logan & Cove Frontier||Hybrid||Medium Firm (6.5)||365 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Support||The Endy||All Foam||Medium (5.5)||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Cooling||Octave Vista||All Foam||Medium Firm (6.5)||365 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Breathable||Noa||Hybrid||Medium Firm (7)||120 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Durability||Polysleep Origin||All Foam||Medium Firm (6.5)||100 Nights||10 Years|
How We Tested These Twin Mattresses in Canada
Each mattress on this list was selected for its overall quality along with a particular factor where it excelled. We made sure every mattress in our unbiased review had the most common features sleepers look for in a new mattress. Years of experience in the sleep industry across a team of experts and testers led us to chose the mattresses on our list.
As we looked for the best Twin mattresses in Canada, we looked at the following features.
- Cooling Technologies: Memory foam mattresses are excellent at contouring and pressure relief, but they tend to allow heat buildup. All the mattresses included on our list have cooling features that allow heat to escape so you don’t wake up hot in the middle of the night.
- Pressure Relief: Foam mattresses are great at relieving pressure points. We’ve looked specifically at how each mattress on our list works to relieve pressure. Some mattresses have zoned support areas which can further enhance your sleep experience if you tend to wake up sore in the morning.
- Edge Support: Sagging edges can sometimes be a problem with mattresses. If you routinely sit or sleep near the edge of the bed, you’ll be happier with a mattress that has reinforced edges.
- Firmness level: Most people prefer to sleep on medium mattresses. In general, back and side sleepers enjoy medium-firm mattresses while stomach sleepers like a little more firmness. However, individual preferences sometimes differ. Find out the firmness level of your current mattress to help you decide what firmness is best for you.
Now that you’re aware of the basics of mattress features, you should be informed about the mattress-buying process. Next, we’ll go over what you need to think about to have the best experience buying a new mattress online.
Why Buy a Twin Mattress Online in Canada?
Buying a mattress online is becoming increasingly popular for several good reasons. If you’ve never bought a mattress online before, you might be unsure about the process, but it’s much easier than you might expect.
Here are a few benefits of buying your new Canadian-made twin mattress online.
You’ll save money: Quality mattresses aren’t cheap no matter where you buy them from. However, for a similar quality mattress, you’ll pay less online compared to in-store. The store retail price includes a markup to cover showroom employees, rent, utilities, and other costs. Online mattress stores have fewer overhead costs and can pass the savings on to you. Buying online is the best way to get a good mattress for a better price.
You’ll get free delivery and free returns: Depending on where you live in Canada, most online mattress retailers offer free delivery to your home. If you decide the mattress isn’t right for you, most of those retailers also allow you to return the mattress for free within the sleep trial period.
You won’t feel pressure to buy: When you buy a mattress in person, you might feel more pressured to buy something right away. If you’re looking online instead, you can browse at your own pace, and you can take as much time as you need to compare your options before buying. You’re more likely to select the right mattress when you don’t feel rushed.
You have more options: When you order a mattress online, you can choose from a variety of mattress brands. If you’re shopping in a physical store, you’re limited to the mattresses that are in stock. You won’t have the same selection of sizes or features as you’d find online.
How to Choose a Twin Mattress in Canada
Once you’re ready to buy a Canadian bed in a box mattress online, you need to know more about the company you’re buying from. Some companies do a better job of taking care of their customers than others. Here’s what to look for to make sure you have the best experience when buying your twin mattress online.
Type of Mattress
There are a few different types of mattresses you can choose from, even when it comes to twin sizes. These are the most common mattress types, most of which you can find featured on our list.
- Foam mattresses are made by layering different types of memory foam or latex foam. These foams contour to your body, reducing pressure and creating a comforting ‘hug’ that can help you sleep better. Memory foam mattresses can retain heat, but they surround your body well to provide great support. Latex mattresses are more responsive and cooler.
- Hybrid mattresses use a layer of pocket coils to create support and pressure relief. Layers of foam cushion the coils, providing a comfortable mattress that offers better support than foam alone. Hybrid mattresses can sleep cooler, but they also transfer motion a little more than foam mattress options.
- Innerspring mattresses are a more traditional type of mattress, but they are phasing out when it comes to online retailers. That’s because innerspring mattresses feature a layer of interconnected coils that cannot be bent or rolled up to ship. These coils can be supportive, but they also break down easily and transfer motion more than other types of mattresses.
The firmness level you prefer is based mostly on personal preference. The way you sleep can affect the firmness level you prefer. These general guidelines can give you a place to start if you aren’t sure which firmness you prefer. Otherwise, make sure to prioritize your preferences.
- Soft mattresses use less dense foam layers, creating a surface you can sink into. Soft mattresses are ideal for those who sleep on their stomachs, as they provide extra pressure relief and increased comfort. For best results, make sure to choose a softer mattress with a solid core of support.
- Medium mattresses are not too soft, not too firm. This firmness appeals to most Canadians, particularly those who sleep on their sides.
- Firm mattresses are ideal for those with heavier body types, or those who sleep on their backs. Firm mattresses can be more supportive, but they also provide less contouring than softer mattresses.
Medium-firm is a nice mid-point between medium mattresses and extra-firm options. Mattresses in this firmness range are more popular than many other types, mostly becuase they can be comfortable for a wider range of sleepers. Medium-firm mattresses are also one of the most common options featured on our
If you sleep hot, you aren’t alone. A lot of Canadians overheat during the night, which can lead to poor sleep. If you’re constantly waking up hot, you might not be getting enough uninterrupted rest. Thankfully, most twin-sized mattresses have some temperature control features to help you sleep a little cooler.
If you sleep extremely hot, it may be wise to avoid memory foam mattresses (unless they use cooling features to reduce heat). Memory foam is notorious for allowing heat to build up, which can make overheating problems worse.
Instead, you should look for mattresses that include cooling gel foams, aerated foam layers, latex, and pocket coils. Some mattresses even use additional unique features to reduce heat, so make sure to stay on the lookout for these features if you need a cooler mattress.
If you like to sit on the edge of the bed to wake up in the morning, you may notice that some mattresses sink and slide where they should be supportive. Foam mattresses are especially notorious for being softer at the edges, offering less support overall.
To avoid uncomfortable sinking or sliding, look for a mattress with edge support structures, additional foam layers with firm support, and hybrid options with perimeter foams. These options can help bolster the edges of the mattress, making it more comfortable to sit or sleep near the edge.
When you lay in one position for too long, a mattress that isn’t supportive or doesn’t cushion you well can produce pressure points. These uncomfortable areas form where your body presses into the mattress most, and they can affect the quality of your sleep. If you’re tired of waking up with aches, you may need a mattress that features better pressure relief.
Look for a mattress that isn’t so firm. A mattress with adequate support, or one that doesn’t allow you to sink into the mattress, is also a great choice.
Committing to a mattress is a big step. Even one of the best twin mattresses in Canada on our list may not be exactly the right fit for you. Most online mattress companies understand that it’s a risk to buy a mattress you’ve never touched before, so they offer a sleep trial period to allow you to try out the mattress at home.
Your body needs at least 30 days to try out a new mattress before you know if it works for you. Most online mattress companies offer a 60 to 120-night trial period when you purchase a mattress. Before buying check to make sure that the company you are buying from offers a reasonable sleep trial period.
Hopefully, you’ll love your new mattress and won’t even have to think about returning it. Still, you should order a mattress from a company with a clear return policy. Look to see how long you can try out the mattress and still get a full refund. Also, check to see if returns are free or whether there’s a restocking fee. If you don’t like the terms offered by a company, choose a different mattress instead. When you buy a mattress online, a good return policy is important.
Any mattress you buy should come with a warranty to protect you from manufacturing defects. Check to see what warranty is offered and what conditions it protects against before purchasing a mattress. A quality mattress should have a warranty lasting at least 10 years, though some may have a significantly longer warranty.
Make sure to pay close attention to mattress policies, including those dealing with your warranty and sleep trial. Some companies have vastly different policies, and knowing what is covered and what to expect can save you a great deal of time, money, and hassle down the road.
Frequently Asked Questions
A twin mattress is a great solution for kids in Canadian households, or for those sleeping alone or with a co-sleeper they don’t mind being in close contact with. A twin mattress can provide comfortable sleep and support when you choose the right one for your needs.
The sleep trials available for Twin-sized mattresses are the same length as trials for larger mattresses. The length of the trial varies from mattress to mattress, and each sleep company has different sleep trial policies. Usually, the trial starts the day you receive the mattress and ends between 100 and 365 nights after. You should always keep it in good shape and return the mattress well before the sleep trial expires if you find it doesn’t work for you.
The durability of a twin mattress can depend on various factors, including materials and frequency of use. On average, a twin mattress with quality materials lasts between 7 and 10 years. You should choose an option that is made with high-quality materials, including high-density foams.
Most of the time, a twin mattress is most acceptable for a single sleeper. Children will fare well on a twin mattress. Smaller children who have graduated from a toddler bed will enjoy the extra room, and there is plenty of room if you need lay with your child to get them to sleep. However, twin-sized mattresses are only suitable for one adult or child for long-term use.
A twin mattress is 75 inches (190 cm) long and 38 (96 cm) inches wide. A twin XL mattress is 80 inches (203 cm) long and 38 (96 cm) inches wide. The twin XL is long enough for taller Canadians to get comfortable, making it ideal for those who don’t want their feet sticking over the end of the bed.