While some Canadians prefer a firmer mattress, others may prefer a plush surface. A pillow-top mattress offers just that. Usually, these mattresses offer strong support and a plush top, which makes it easier to fall asleep. With so many options (and so many different types of pillow-top options), how do you choose the one that is right for you?
We’ve put together a list of the best pillow top mattresses in 2023. These mattresses survived several rounds of extensive testing and tester feedback. During these tests, we evaluated the construction of each mattress, as well as performance areas like temperature control and motion isolation to make your life easier. The resulting list is the best of the best, so you can find a pillow top that works perfectly for you.
The 6 Best Pillow Top Mattresses for Canadians in 2023
- Best Overall – The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress
- Best for Cooling – The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress
- Best for Couples – The Endy Hybrid Mattress
- Best Eco-Conscious Mattress – The Brunswick Spring Mattress
- Best Organic Mattress – The Silk & Snow Organic Mattress
- Best Firm Support – The Noa Mattress
Why Did We Choose These Comfortable Pillow Top Mattresses in Canada?
As we evaluated each of the mattresses on our list, they began to stand out in unique ways. These standout features became some of the best reasons to recommend them to you. Here is why we chose each of the best pillow top mattresses in Canada for 2023.
The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress features a moderately plush top with strong support from below. This mattress offers a host of other worthwhile features, all of which make it the best option for a pillow-top mattress in Canada.
The Logan & Cove Frontier offers excellent temperature control for those who sleep hot. With a quilted and plush cooling Euro-Top, this mattress has superior cooling that will ensure sleepers wake up sweat free and comfortable.
If your partner is often restless, the Endy Hybrid Mattress can help you stay asleep even when your partner is tossing and turning. Because of its advanced motion isolation features, the Endy Hybrid Mattress is the best pillow-top mattress for couples.
If you are an eco-conscious Canadian, you should check out the Brunswick Spring Mattress. This option uses farm-grown, sustainable fibres for the cover of its Euro-top section. Meanwhile, a layer of soy-infused eco-foam helps reduce the environmental impact of the mattress.
On the other hand, you may prefer a truly organic pillow-top experience. The Silk & Snow Organic Mattress is made with natural and certified organic materials for a firm feel with a softer top section.
Finally, the Noa Mattress is the pillow-top mattress with the best firm support. While this mattress is medium-firm, it’s quite a bit more supportive than the other options on our list. If you prefer the plush top layer with stronger support below, this might be the mattress for you.
The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress is an extremely supportive option that sports a nontraditional pillow top section. This mattress uses layers of high-density memory foam, quilted foam, and zoned coils to create the best support and comfort possible. Most sleeping types can enjoy this mattress, particularly those who need spinal alignment and support.
The cover is a soft, antimicrobial fabric that prevents the growth of bacteria. Your bed will always be fresher with this layer, which helps reduce odours. The quilted foam top is cool and plush, with just enough cushion to make this a strong contender for the title of the best pillow top mattress in Canada. You’ll find that you sleep better and fall asleep faster because of this layer.
The middle of the mattress features a layer of high-density memory foam, a luxury material that provides relief for your deepest pressure points. If you sleep on your side or wake up uncomfortable, this layer helps reduce those feelings. It’s also great at isolating motion. Underneath is the pocket coil base, which features up to 1200 double-tempered pocket coils. They are zoned, with firmer coils in the middle to support your back and hips. Softer coils through the shoulder area can reduce strain and discomfort. This layer also helps reduce motion transfer and promote better spinal alignment overall.
Finally, a perimeter of firm edge support surrounds the coil layer. This firmer foam doesn’t compress as standard mattresses might, so it won’t feel like you’re sliding off the mattress. It’s great for those who sit or sleep near the sides of the bed.
This Canadian-made mattress is cool and comfortable, with just enough cushion to help you stay asleep throughout the night. You can try it for up to 100 nights after your purchase. This gives you time to try it thoroughly and decide if it’s the right option for you.
- Antimicrobial Cover. The cover of this mattress is made with antimicrobial textiles, meaning that it prevents the growth of bacteria. Your bed will stay fresh, clean, and odour-free for longer.
- Firm Edge Support. A perimeter of firm edge support foam prevents the mattress from collapsing at the edges. You can comfortably sit at the edge without sinking or sliding.
- High-Density Layers. High-density foam layers spring back quickly, providing a comfortable sleeping surface that allows you to move around easily.
- Zoned Support. The support coil layer of the Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress features zoned coils, which are firmer in the centre to help with lumbar support.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Silk & Snow Hybrid Mattress offers the best support you’ll find, paired with a comfortable, plush top that won’t let you down.”
Best for Cooling
The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress
It's Great For:
The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress is their premium option and stands out as the best Euro-top mattress for those who sleep hot. This mattress is medium firm, with a plush, quilted top that allows sleepers to feel supported and comfortable. With a 365-night sleep trial, you have an entire year to see if this mattress is the best fit for you.
The Logan & Cove Frontier has a thick Euro-Top cover, which houses multiple layers within. Those who sleep hot or live in a warm climate will appreciate the quilted fabric of the Euro-Top, which is woven with CryoFusion cooling nanofibres designed to lower and regulate temperatures throughout the night. Within the Euro-Top are layers of hollow-fibre fill and quilted gel-infused foam, which are plush, responsive and ensure you won’t wake up hot and sweaty.
The main section of the mattress is made of four layers, all working together to provide an ideal night’s sleep. A layer of cooling gel foam paired with a unique Aeroduct micro coil layer, continues to tackle heat and airflow, which is especially needed with a more plush mattress. Under that is a layer of Elastex Foam, which mimics natural latex and helps by providing pressure relief to aching joints. The bottom base of the Logan & Cove Frontier features 9” of individually wrapped pocket coils, designed for edge support, durability and motion isolation.
This mattress feels and is constructed like a luxury mattress that you would find in a high-quality hotel, but it doesn’t come with an incredibly high price point. The Logan & Cove Frontier is a perfect choice for anyone with a moderate budget looking for a superior cooling mattress with some high-end features.
- Plush Euro-Top. The Euro-Top section is cool, comfortable, and plush. This layer helps with additional comfort and pressure relief, so you can wake up ready to take on your day.
- Cooling Features. CryoFusion cooling nanofibres in the cover and layers of cooling, gel-infused foam help reduce temperature throughout the Euro-top section of the mattress.
- Better Perimeter Support. The Logan & Cove Frontier Mattress features better perimeter support thanks to the strong coils that line the perimeter of the coil layer. You can sit or sleep near the edge of the mattress without sinking or sliding.
- Strong Support. The coil layer of the hybrid Logan & Cove Frontier mattress features five comfort ‘zones’, which provide stronger support for your back and hips, without causing additional strain on your shoulders.
From the Test Lab
“This felt like a luxury mattress you would find in a hotel. We loved the cooling features and never woke up hot or uncomfortable.”
Best for Couples
The Endy Hybrid Mattress
It's Great For:
The Endy Hybrid Mattress is a great option for couples. The open-cell foam layers inside the mattress help trap motion as it happens, using active techniques to keep movements from transferring to the other side of the bed. It’s also a comfortable hybrid with zoned support coils and strong edge support, which is a great feature for those who share a bed.
The pillow top section of this mattress isn’t a traditional option. The top layer is quilted, with a layer of foam attached to the cover of the mattress. This layer provides great pressure relief when you first lay down. If you usually have trouble getting comfortable, this surface can help reduce discomfort and help you fall asleep faster. Below are two layers of proprietary foam. Endy’s Comfort Foam is an open-cell material that traps motion and heat, reducing temperature and promoting better sleep throughout the night. The second layer is a softer transition foam, which ensures that motion doesn’t move any further than it needs to.
The coil layer is zoned, with firmer coils in the centre for better support. It also boasts a perimeter of edge support coils, so the edges of the bed offer the same great support as the middle. This layer promotes better alignment and balancing overall. Finally, a layer of high-density support foam rests under the coil layer. This extra foam is not commonly found in hybrid mattresses, but it can help reduce sagging over the life of the mattress.
With temperature-neutral foam that won’t soften in the heat or firm up in the cold, this mattress offers reliable comfort and motion isolation. Plus, you can use it with most types of foundations, including adjustable beds that you can freely adjust for your perfect sleeping position.
- Lined Top Layer. The plush top layer is quilted and lined with foam, so you can sink comfortably into the mattress and get to sleep quickly.
- Lumbar Support. Firm coils in the centre and around the perimeter of the coil layer help reduce strain and provide additional support right where you need it.
- Motion Isolation. This mattress features better motion isolation throughout, making it a great choice for couples with restless partners.
- Greater Compatibility. The Endy Hybrid Mattress is compatible with most types of mattress foundations, including adjustable beds and more.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Endy Hybrid Mattress is a great choice for those who need better motion isolation, particularly when it comes to restless partners that toss and turn all night. You’ll stay asleep with fewer disturbances on this comfortable mattress.”
Best Eco-Conscious Mattress
The Brunswick Spring Mattress
It's Great For:
The Brunswick Spring Mattress is a traditional pillow top hybrid made with eco-conscious and sustainable materials. This mattress offers firm, zoned support, a plush pillow top, and less environmental impact than your standard hybrid mattress. Plus, it’s a great option to choose if you want to save a little money on a mattress that’s well worth it.
This mattress is medium firm, meaning it’s great for most sleeping positions. The quilted cover is made with local farm-grown fibres, which means it’s soft and sustainable. The cover is extremely plush and soft, which creates the perfect stage for the pillow top below. Here, you’ll find a layer of euro-top fill, which provides a lot of comfortable padding. It’s lightweight and cool, which helps the cooling gel foam below reduce temperature throughout the mattress.
The middle layer is made with soy-infused eco-foam, a high-density alternative to standard memory foam. This layer helps to align your spine and isolate motion, offering relief from pressure and keeping you comfortably balanced. This also helps cushion the layer of pocket springs below. These springs are zoned, with better support in the middle of the mattress to align with your lower back. This promotes better alignment overall. Surrounding the coils is a layer of edge support foam, which means the edges aren’t going to sag.
This mattress offers targeted lumbar support and better temperature control than most mattresses on the Canadian market. This luxurious, sustainable mattress can help you fall asleep easier and stay asleep when you usually wake up throughout the night. You can try it for 120 nights after your purchase. The trial is risk-free and offers a guaranteed refund if you don’t like the mattress.
- Great Pressure Relief. The plush Euro-top section of the Brunswick mattress makes it great for those who prefer better pressure relief overall.
- Zoned Support. The supportive coil layer in the Brunswick mattress is zoned, with firmer coils under your hips and lower back and softer coils under your shoulders.
- Eco-Foam. This mattress features a layer of soy-infused eco-foam, which can help reduce the environmental impact of the mattress as a whole. It’s just as comfortable as standard memory foam.
- Cooling Features. The Brunswick mattress features cooling gel foam, as well as layers of loose fill to help mitigate higher temperatures as you sleep.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Brunswick Mattress is a great choice for those who need additional cooling and pressure relief. It ticks a lot of boxes for eco-conscious Canadians, too.”
Best Organic Mattress
The Silk & Snow Organic Mattress
It's Great For:
If you’re looking for a mattress that uses only natural and organic materials, you can’t go wrong with the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress. Here, you’ll find all-natural layers, along with materials carrying a GOTS and GOLS certification. These materials are the real deal, and you can rest a little easier knowing that your mattress isn’t harming the environment.
The cover is made with GOTS-certified organic cotton. It’s breathable and soft, especially when you add the layer of quilted wool beneath. This thicker layer is made with natural New Zealand wool, directly from sustainable farms. This material is also a natural fire retardant. Since the mattress uses this layer, it doesn’t have to use chemically treated foams or washes to achieve fire safety. That means fewer chemicals in your sleeping space.
The core of the mattress is made with durable Dunlop latex. This organic latex doesn’t use the same chemicals as synthetic blends, so those with latex allergies might find that they don’t have reactions. This layer is responsive and comfortable, with perforations throughout the latex to promote airflow. Below this is the zoned coil layer. The firmer coils in the centre provide your lower back with the support it means, while softer coils around your shoulders reduce pressure.
If you sleep near the edge, you’ll be happy to hear about the edge support perimeter that keeps the sides of the mattress from flattening. It’s a comfortable alternative to standard foam mattresses, which tend to be less supportive along the edges. Every part of this mattress is sensible, sustainable, and transparent. If you want to sleep easy, this is a great place to start.
- Certified Organic Materials. Both the cotton cover and the latex in the middle of the mattress are certified organic by the GOTS and GOLS respectively.
- Natural Wool Fire Barrier. A layer of natural wool near the top of the mattress acts a natural fire barrier, so the rest of the mattress doesn’t have to use fire-retardant chemicals.
- Responsive Surface. The surface of this mattress is great for those who move around a lot during the night. It’s responsive and comfortable.
- Edge and Zoned Support. The Silk & Snow Organic Mattress features firmer support throughout, particularly at the edges and through the centre of the mattress.
Our Expert’s Take
“Eco-conscious Canadians who prefer a natural, organic mattress will love the transparency of the Silk & Snow Organic Mattress. The materials are certified, safe, and firmer than some of our other options.”
Best Firm Support
The Noa Mattress
It's Great For:
Do you find yourself in need of a mattress that offers firmer support? Do you often wake up uncomfortable and tired? The Noa Mattress might be the perfect solution for you. This mattress uses memory foam, latex, and firm steel coils to produce a feeling that keeps you comfortable and relaxed throughout the night, so you don’t suffer when you wake up.
The pillow-top section is made with open-cell latex, which is one of the most unique options we’ve seen. The cover is made with breathable Tencel, but the foam is hand-tufted to the cover. You’ll find Tencel’s naturally moisture-wicking, hypoallergenic, and antibacterial properties here. The pillow top will help you move freely, reducing temperature and the sinking feeling usually associated with memory foam.
The core of the mattress features a layer of cooling gel foam. Here, you’ll get the best temperature control in the mattress, with deeper pressure relief and ideal cushioning. This layer keeps you cool, and the layer of transition foam below keeps the bed still. Motion isolation foam ensures that you don’t feel your partner getting out of bed in the morning.
Finally, the firm coil layer features durable pocket springs. These individually pocketed springs offer support wherever it’s needed. They also reduce temperature and motion transfer, so you can sleep more comfortably overall. These coils are responsive and bouncy, so you won’t feel like you can’t move around on the mattress. This firmer option is best for heavier side sleepers and back sleepers, as it offers the firmer support required to keep them comfortable.
- Great Support Profile. The Noa Mattress features strong support in zones that can balance your body and reduce strain.
- Users All Available Materials. This mattress uses layers of latex, memory foam, and coils to bring you the best sleep experience possible.
- Responsive Surface. The surface of the Noa Mattress is plush but responsive, so you can move around easily throughout the night. You won’t feel like you’re stuck in the mattress.
- Latex Pillow-Top. The pillow-top section features a layer of cool, responsive latex for better temperature control and pressure relief.
Our Expert’s Take
“The Noa Mattress is a pillow top with one of the best support profiles we’ve seen. This mattress has a firmer feel and helps reduce pressure at the same time.”
Comparing the Best Pillow Top Mattresses in Canada
|Best Overall||Silk & Snow Hybrid||Hybrid||Medium Firm (6.5)||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Best for Cooling||Logan & Cove Frontier||Hybrid||Medium Firm (6.5)||365 Nights||15 Years|
|Best for Couples||Endy Hybrid||Hybrid||Medium Firm (6)||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Eco-Conscious||Brunswick||Hybrid||Medium Firm (6)||120 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Organic||Silk & Snow Organic||Hybrid||Medium Firm (7)||100 Nights||15 Years|
|Best Value||Noa||Hybrid||Medium Firm (7)||120 Nights||15 Years|
How We Tested These Pillow Top Mattresses for Canadians
Over the years, we’ve tracked sleep trends across Canada. We’ve looked at hundreds of mattresses, bed sheets, duvets, and more. In addition to our experience in the sleeping niche, we’ve tried to improve your life and your home in other areas. From fitness products to kitchen appliances, all our expertise goes to making sure you’re making the very best informed decision for your lifestyle.
When we began looking at the best pillow top mattresses in Canada, we tested based on a range of specific criteria. After our lab testing was finished, we sent our team of testers home with the mattresses to try. They kept the mattresses for the length of their sleep trial and returned great feedback. That feedback combined with our testing allows us to produce this list. During testing, we looked for the following features.
- Mattress Type. While most pillow top mattresses are hybrids, a few may have different properties. Just in case, we’ve noted what type of mattress each option could be described as for your information.
- Pillow Top Type. There are different types of pillow top mattresses, including different cushioning materials and methods. We’ve included a short description of what each pillow top contains so you know what you’re getting.
- Firmness. Your firmness preference can determine how comfortable you find a mattress. We’ve carefully cataloged the firmness level of each of the mattresses on our list so you can choose the option that works for you.
- Performance Features. Do you sleep hot? Are you often woken throughout the night by your partner? We considered performance features like temperature control, motion isolation, pressure relief, and more when choosing mattresses for our list.
What is a Pillow-Top Mattress?
A pillow-top mattress is made with a top layer of extra cushion. There are multiple different types of pillow-top materials, including foam, fill, and even wool.
The pillow-top section of a mattress is either a separate section or part of the main construction of the mattress. This varies from mattress to mattress. Some believe that mattresses with separate pillow-top sections offer better cushions, but this isn’t always the case.
A pillow-top mattress can give you a little extra padding or cushion at the top of the mattress. This is especially ideal for those who need extra pressure relief, or who find themselves waking up with pressure points. They’re also great for those who sleep hot, as the top layers rarely retain heat as some other mattresses might. This is especially true of pillow tops made with fill, latex, or gel foam, as these allow for extra temperature-regulating features.
Pillow tops are The ideal option for those who need comfort and support. Since they are usually used with hybrid mattress options, the pillow top can provide additional relief for those who need immediate comfort and strong support.
How to Choose a Pillow-Top Mattress for Canadians
Choosing any type of mattress can be difficult. Choosing a pillow-top mattress can be daunting, especially where there are few options available on the market. Before you choose a pillow-top mattress, you should know about basic mattress features and options. These features can determine how well you sleep.
While most pillow-top mattresses are also hybrid mattresses, they may appear on other types of mattresses. Here’s a quick run-down of the types of mattresses you can expect to find while shopping for a pillow-top mattress.
- Foam Mattresses. Foam mattresses usually avoid using pillow tops, as many of them can be plush enough without additional layers. However, there are some exceptions. Foam mattresses are made of either memory foam or latex, with some mattresses choosing to use both materials to create a unique, comfortable feel. Here are the benefits of each type of foam.
- Memory Foam. Memory foam contours to your body, allowing you a customized support map each time you lay down. When you’re not sleeping on a memory foam mattress, the foam retains its original shape, so you aren’t sinking into the same patterns as you sleep. Memory foam can be comfortable and supportive because of these properties, but it can also be warmer for some sleepers.
- Latex. Latex is just as contouring and comforting as memory foam. However, it doesn’t retain heat or have the same sinking feeling. If you move around a lot at night or sleep hot, latex might be the best alternative for you. It’s extremely responsive.
- Hybrid Mattresses. Most of the mattresses on our list are hybrid mattresses. This means that they use layers of foam and other materials (including latex, memory foam, wool, and more) to create a comfortable sleeping surface in the top half of the mattress. Then, a layer of pocketed springs or coils creates stronger support from below. Pillow tops tend to be used with hybrid mattresses because hybrids are naturally firmer. However, these mattresses allow you to take advantage of both strong support and a plush top.
- Innerspring Mattresses. Innerspring mattresses cannot be purchased online in most cases. This is because the springs do not roll or compress. The springs inside the mattress are made of long strings of springs that compress together, and they cannot be rolled for easy shipping. Pillow tops are especially great additions to innerspring mattresses, however. That’s because innerspring can be firmer than foam or hybrid options. This means a pillow top can offer some much-needed relief.
While you will find hybrid and foam mattresses on our list, you aren’t likely to find an innerspring option. As we stated, they aren’t easy to ship and many mattress companies don’t want to deal with the associated costs. Hybrid and foam mattresses can provide the same level of comfort and support with less hassle and more longevity than an innerspring mattress.
Type of Pillow-Top
There are a few different methods for creating a pillow-top mattress, and each of them provides certain benefits.
Most of the time, your pillow top will use a layer of blended fill to create an extra cushion. This is the most traditional type of pillow top. It might use a range of different fill types, but this top layer always allows for a little extra airflow through the top of the mattress.
Other options include quilted foam or wool layers. These layers add the additional cushion you’re looking for, but don’t take up a lot of space with fill. You’ll still get great pressure relief from the first layer of the mattress, but it allows the mattress to be more compact. Often, these layers are quilted right into the cover to provide immediate relief and reduce heat. Sometimes, pillow-top mattresses that use this construction method aren’t directly advertised as pillow tops. Regardless, they offer additional cushion and airflow throughout the top of the mattress.
There are technically two different pillow-top construction options, too. Standard pillow tops may look like they have a topper sewn into the top of the mattress. That’s because they have a separate pillow-top section with a unique construction to offset the stronger support from the main section of the mattress.
Euro-top mattresses are pillow tops that are constructed as a single unit. They may use the same type of pillow-top materials, but they don’t have a separate section. There is little difference between the benefits a standard pillow-top with a separate section and a euro-top mattress can offer you. The choice is mostly aesthetic.
While most of these pillow top types feel the same, it’s important to choose the option that works best for you. Pillow tops made with fill instead of foam or wool can be plush and breathable, but those who prefer a firmer mattress might want to avoid fill-type pillow top mattresses.
The firmness of your mattress is one of the most important things to consider as you shop. The firmness of the mattress can determine how comfortable you find it, as well as how supportive the mattress might be for you. Different firmnesses appeal to certain body types and sleeping positions because of the support they offer. While there are general rules associated with firmness, these are hardly set in stone. Your personal choice can determine what type of firmness you prefer, even if it’s different from the recommended option.
Mattress firmness options include:
- Soft: These mattresses are pillowy and plush. They are ideal for lighter sleepers, some back sleepers, and most stomach sleepers.
- Medium: Medium mattresses can appeal to most sleepers. They are best for those who sleep on their sides and Canadians with average body types.
- Firm: Firm mattresses are best for some stomach sleepers, back sleepers, and heavier side sleepers. They are ideal for sleepers with heavier body types.
These three options aren’t the only choices you have. Mattresses can also be medium-soft and medium-firm, which are the middle steps between these options. In fact, medium-firm is one of the most popular mattress firmness across North America, as it appeals to a wider range of sleepers than firm or medium mattresses do.
As you shop, keep the firmness you prefer and your sleeping position in mind. These are invaluable pieces of information to know as you browse the best mattresses in Canada.
Pillow-Top Mattress Performance Features
With the basics out of the way, here are some of the performance features you should look for as you shop for pillow top mattresses. If you sleep hot or need better motion isolation due to a restless partner, these are the features that can help you sleep better and stay asleep longer.
Do you sleep hot? Many Canadians wake up with uncomfortable night sweats. Heat builds up as you sleep, which can lead to discomfort if your mattress or sheets can’t help you manage the heat. That’s why a mattress with temperature control features is critical for those who sleep hot.
Most pillow-top mattresses already have great temperature control. They might use fill as a top layer, which is extremely breathable. Other options can provide increased airflow, too. If you usually wake up hot, consider choosing a mattress made with gel memory foam, latex, cooling fibres, and even perforated foams.
Keep in mind that memory foam tends to retain heat. This means that memory foam mattresses might need more help than other options. Look for gel-infused foams to help beat the heat and stay asleep longer.
One of the main reasons Canadians choose pillow-top mattresses is for additional pressure relief. Sleepers in all positions may need extra help when it comes to pressure points and discomfort associated with sleeping in the same position through the night. Mattresses with great pressure relief can reduce pressure points and create a more cushioned surface for you. You’ll wake up refreshed, comfortable, and ready to take on the day.
Mattresses with memory foam, latex, and other cushioned layers can provide great pressure relief. Thankfully, pillow tops excel in this performance area.
Do you sleep with kids, pets, or a restless partner? Motion isolation can reduce the amount of movement that transfers across the mattress to affect you. Foam mattresses, hybrid options, and foam pillow-top options are the best at isolating motion. This means that it dissipates or is absorbed by the mattress before it can wake you up.
Motion just doesn’t travel well in some materials. If you sleep light and are often woken by motion from the other side of the bed, consider choosing an option that has great motion isolation features.
Sitting on the edge of the bed in the morning can be difficult if your mattress doesn’t have proper edge support features. Foam mattresses usually offer strong support in the middle of the mattress, but it tapers off as you move to the edges. Choosing a mattress with reinforced edges or stronger edge support can help reduce sinking, sagging, and sliding at the edges of the mattress. If you share a bed and find yourself gravitating towards the edges, a mattress with these features is extremely important. You want the same comfort and support from one edge of the mattress to the other.
When you purchase a mattress online, you won’t have the opportunity to try it out before you get it. Brick-and-mortar retailers allow you to try the bed for a few moments before you decide which one feels right to you, but you simply can’t do that with a mattress purchased online.
That’s why online mattress retailers offer a sleep trial. For the first 60 to 120 nights after your mattress arrives, you’ll be able to try it out. You’ll have more time to see if it’s right for you through practical experience rather than relying on a few moments of evaluation at a mattress store.
If you find that you don’t like your mattress during this time, you can return it for a full refund of your purchase price. It’s a risk-free, no-questions-asked way to shop for a mattress that allows you to find the perfect option for you. Make sure to read the terms and conditions for each mattress’s sleep trial. Sometimes, policies can vary greatly between companies.
Most companies will not accept a soiled or stained mattress, even if you are returning it as part of a sleep trial. To avoid voiding the sleep trial policy, we recommend using a mattress protector during the length of your sleep trial.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike some all-foam options, most pillow top mattresses do not feature removable covers. This means that you must spot-clean the mattress using the care instructions provided by the manufacturer. Following these guidelines is important to maintain good care for your mattress.
Due to the comfortable top layer used in most pillow-top mattresses, they may not last as long as traditional all-foam mattresses. Softer layers tend to compress, leaving body indents that can become uncomfortable. However, good practice guidelines recommend replacing your mattress long before this becomes an issue.
Unfortunately, you cannot flip a pillow-top mattress to help it keep its shape. In fact, you shouldn’t flip any bed in a box mattress in Canada. They are constructed to provide great benefits, but only when they are used in the correct position. Instead of flipping the mattress, you can rotate it every 3 months to ensure that indents don’t form where you sleep.
Just as it takes your body time to adjust to a new mattress, it can take the mattress time to adjust to your body weight and sleeping style. Because of this, your pillow top mattress can be harder when you first start sleeping on it. After a period of between 30 and 90 days, you should start to feel more comfortable on your mattress.
Because pillow top mattresses are plush, they can sleep a little hotter than a traditional top memory foam mattress. This is especially true if they are made with memory foam rather than fill or other types of latex. However, most pillow top mattresses have cooling features to reduce heat and allow you to sleep comfortably.